Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:45 AM   #16  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. No issues here with the banner/ads taking over, just trying to wake my butt up while having my morning vanilla drink with allspice (someone in my office used up all my cinnamon - grrrr!!). Feeling supersleepy after having dreams about my ex-boyfriend who, unsurprisingly as he is my ex, was acting like a jerk. It was funny to share with my boyfriend of almost 3 years as we were walking to work this morning though.

Anyhow, I am sleepy and feeling hungry (eating is always off after my WI day as I don't eat before the 10:15 a.m. weigh in so my food gets skewed a little and my 3rd packet was jello), so .... here we go on a new IP day.

Warmest,
Sarah
Old 09-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Good morning fellow IPers! I am happy to report that my scale started moving again this week (with fury!) and I am down 40 lbs. in 3.5 months, including a mini-phase off and total off plan trip to Europe! I cannot believe that I have been this successful on a "diet" and how easy it has been to stay on plan! I truly love IP and all the things it has taught me about eating and feeling good!! Officially half way to goal
Old 09-04-2013, 11:53 AM   #18  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Ladies!!

I'd like to report that my mouth is as dry as DIRT!!!!! I swish water around and it feels better, then two seconds later it's like the Sahara.

Otherwise all is good. Everyone have a good one!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #19  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Afternoon IPers --

Had a disappointing WI today. Nothing lost. After two rather meager weeks, I was hoping for something a bit more affirming. (I know, I know, I shouldn't make the scale so important, but . . .).

I feel like I am in a rut now. I no longer feel like my body is very challenged on this plan. I used to feel hungry or cravings, etc., but now it is all quite routine.

I am thinking about flipping my lunch and dinner. Anyone foresee a problem doing that for a week just to distribute my calories and protein a bit differently and perhaps shake things up a bit?

I really do need to get more water in, too. I have been just barely getting the minimum, so thanks to the poster above for reminding me.

Have a great day, everybody!

P.S. Sending special thanks to Lisa who takes the time to recalculate everyone's calculations and to answer certain questions for the 200th time. (Not throwing any shade on the question askers . . . they are questions we have all asked at one time or another. I am just amazed at the patience of some of the long-timers to answer them again and again.) Greatly appreciated.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #20  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Ladies!!

I'd like to report that my mouth is as dry as DIRT!!!!! I swish water around and it feels better, then two seconds later it's like the Sahara.
Oh, I hate this feeling! Mine is like that all the time too.

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit, but I switched to alternatives recently and began my gym routine last night. Staying on Phase 1 as much as possible, although I may have to add an extra protein shake from time to time. Is there a way to know whether or not to have the extra "packet"? I did cardio for 20 minutes and then a BodyPump class for an hour last night. In between, I had an EAS AdvantEdge shake. Got home and had dinner, but wasn't feeling like I needed the after dinner snack. Of course today I am starving at 11:30.

Also had about 4-5 people in my office tell me I look skinny this AM, so yay for the NSV!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #21  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I'm off work today doing laundry. I decided to start a closet clear up/out. I've noticed my clothes are fitting better, some a bit loose but I'm not quite ready to change sizes. Soon tho! So I'm just throwing out things I don't like or are worn out. I just threw out about 20 pairs of panties, lol. Then I folded everything neatly and put it away. I've decided that when I get to 30 lbs lost I will treat myself to new VS stuff.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Oh, I hate this feeling! Mine is like that all the time too.

Sorry I haven't been around for a bit, but I switched to alternatives recently and began my gym routine last night. Staying on Phase 1 as much as possible, although I may have to add an extra protein shake from time to time. Is there a way to know whether or not to have the extra "packet"? I did cardio for 20 minutes and then a BodyPump class for an hour last night. In between, I had an EAS AdvantEdge shake. Got home and had dinner, but wasn't feeling like I needed the after dinner snack. Of course today I am starving at 11:30.
Remember ketosis does an excellent job of masking hunger.
So 20 minutes cardio/60 minute body pump class...any idea how many calories burned?

I'd say YES make sure you get the extra when you're doing this much exercise (and know this much exercise COULD stall the scale temporarily).

Remember, this plan is a Very Low Calorie/Carb plan. It is meant to be out-of-balance and burn fat. It is pretty efficient at it, too. When we over-do the exercise for such a light calorie load, we need to feed our bodies!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Afternoon IPers --

Had a disappointing WI today. Nothing lost. After two rather meager weeks, I was hoping for something a bit more affirming. (I know, I know, I shouldn't make the scale so important, but . . .).

I feel like I am in a rut now. I no longer feel like my body is very challenged on this plan. I used to feel hungry or cravings, etc., but now it is all quite routine.

I am thinking about flipping my lunch and dinner. Anyone foresee a problem doing that for a week just to distribute my calories and protein a bit differently and perhaps shake things up a bit?

I really do need to get more water in, too. I have been just barely getting the minimum, so thanks to the poster above for reminding me.

Have a great day, everybody!

P.S. Sending special thanks to Lisa who takes the time to recalculate everyone's calculations and to answer certain questions for the 200th time. (Not throwing any shade on the question askers . . . they are questions we have all asked at one time or another. I am just amazed at the patience of some of the long-timers to answer them again and again.) Greatly appreciated.
Thanks! I've said before & I'll say again, a bunch of people helped me get where I am. I'm just paying it forward

Someone just today or yesterday was talking about flipping meals to trick their body into releasing some more weight. I say go for it!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Also ~~ L'shana Tova to all those celebrating! I had a good chuckle this morning when I thought about the biggest Rosh Hashana tradition being apples and honey and my family wishing me a "Sweet New Year" when I can't have apples, honey, OR sugar on IP!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:07 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Tried the potato puree muffins, they're ok but a bit eggy for me. Happily I had rhubarb for lunch so I just stuck it on top and it was fine, lol! I'm really enjoying having more for lunch than a shake or even a bar. The soup I had yesterday kept me good until dinner and today's lunch was very filling! I'm so glad I started getting unrestrictes for lunch! Tomorrow I'm trying out the blueberry pancakes recipe I saw.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well today!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #26  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Tried the potato puree muffins, they're ok but a bit eggy for me. Happily I had rhubarb for lunch so I just stuck it on top and it was fine, lol! I'm really enjoying having more for lunch than a shake or even a bar. The soup I had yesterday kept me good until dinner and today's lunch was very filling! I'm so glad I started getting unrestrictes for lunch! Tomorrow I'm trying out the blueberry pancakes recipe I saw.

Glad to hear everyone is doing so well today!
ooohhhh, blueberry pancakes!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #27  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Remember ketosis does an excellent job of masking hunger.
So 20 minutes cardio/60 minute body pump class...any idea how many calories burned?

I'd say YES make sure you get the extra when you're doing this much exercise (and know this much exercise COULD stall the scale temporarily).

Remember, this plan is a Very Low Calorie/Carb plan. It is meant to be out-of-balance and burn fat. It is pretty efficient at it, too. When we over-do the exercise for such a light calorie load, we need to feed our bodies!
Lisa, I didn't have on my heart rate/calorie monitor, but MFP calculated it as 485 calories, which is probably on the VERY LOW end, as my little skinny friend burned 425 (she had her monitor on) in the class alone. I will make sure to do my after work-out drink and my after-dinner snack tonight. I just feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to eat all this food!

I am having another issue (and it's going to be TMI, so be forewarned!) all my stools for the last week/week and a half have been extremely loose. And I have several of these loose BM's usually about an hour after I eat anything. Again, I have gone to alternatives, so maybe it is just my body re-adjusting? I'm in week 8, so this seems like a strange time for this to be happening.

Last edited by meinola; 09-04-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

Hey Lisa - Just wanted to check in and look at your diet ticker to see where you were at.....Looking good girl
Old 09-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Hey Lisa - Just wanted to check in and look at your diet ticker to see where you were at.....Looking good girl
Thank you kindly, sir
It is still slower than my liking would be but better than the alternative
I was REALLY hoping I'd be at the 100-off mark by the end of August but I'm just in the oh-so-close category at the moment...
The scale definitely moves when it wants to...

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-04-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #30  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Afternoon IPers --

Check my numbers below. I didn't lose anything last week so I changed my meal/snack times around and tried to eat different proteins and different IP packets than I usually do. It helped me.
Closed Thread