3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Let's hear everyones Tricks and Tips to stay on track ... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287025-lets-hear-everyones-tricks-tips-stay-track.html)

Avalon1957 09-01-2013 11:33 AM

Let's hear everyones Tricks and Tips to stay on track ...

I posted something close to this on another thread, but I thought it might be cool to hear from others on what tricks and tips they use to stay on track with the Ideal Protein Diet.

A Trick to Avoid a Bad "Fall off the Wagon" Day:

I think the biggest problem I am guessing that most people have is "cheating" with something really bad that disrupts the sugar/carb withdrawal. I know there are some days that you just crave something "good" or just feel hungrier. Here is one suggestion for the next time you feel like cheating. Eat an extra protein serving (a nice 4 oz. chicken breast with a 1 tsp of olive oil drizzled on) and a bit of spice (Cayenne pepper perhaps) ... or have an extra IP Chocolate Drink (that makes you think you are having a chocolate milkshake) ... that way you can cheat a little bit but you wont be breaking your carb/sugar withdrawal. You can even mix up an IP Chocolate Drink and partially freeze it in your freezer (takes about 20 to 40 minutes) ... then eat it like ice cream!

A Trick for a Naturally Sweet Drink that you can Guzzle all Day

One other trick I have that has worked great for me. I love Evian Water (which is natural (non-carbonated) spring water from France ... yes I know it's expensive (about $2.50 for a 50oz bottle)) but it tastes so good) but this will work fine with any water you drink. Buy a box or two (or 10) of Celestial Seasonings "Cinnamon Apple Spice" Herb Teabags. If you put 3 teabags in a large 1.5L (50oz) plastic bottle of Evian (or any water) -- after about 1 hour the tea "brews" right in the bottle. and what results is "tea colored" water that is VERY SPICY and actually tastes SWEET to your mouth and tongue. So much so that I bet you will be checking the box to make sure it contains no sugar (it does NOT!). (I think the sweet taste is a "taste-bud illusion" that results from the cinnamon spice.) By drinking this all the time, it really satisfies my cravings for something "sweet" and it has 0 carbs and 0 sugar and no artificial anything. I have been sucking this "tea" down like there is no tomorrow (about 100 to 120 ounces a day) for 33 days, and I have lost 27 pounds -- so it definitely works.

https://mindstar.com/scratch/Cinnamon_Apple_Spice.jpg

Let's hear your tricks and tips!

Tuscany123 09-01-2013 11:43 AM

Evian is sparkling water right? What's in it that makes it sparkle? Would any brand of carbonated water work do you think? I really like this idea with the tea.

Avalon1957 09-01-2013 11:50 AM

A Trick to Squeeze another "Meal" out of the Ideal Protein Protocol

Another trick I use is to cut the "Dinner block" on my ideal protein Phase 1 sheet into 2 meals each half the size. So rather than having "Dinner" at say 6pm with 8 oz of lean meat and 2 cups of veggies. Have a 3pm early half Dinner with 4 oz of lean meat and 1.5 cup of veggies ... then a 6pm late half-Dinner with another 4 oz of lean meat and 1.5 cup of veggies. This way you can basically eat every 3 hours and it just doesn't give your body time to get hungry.

This is what I have been living on for the past 33 days:
6 AM = Decaf Coffee with stevia and skim milk and a heaping tsp of IP Choc Drink powder (for a tiny protein kick when I get up)
9 AM = Breakfast (1 IP Choc Drink)
12 Noon = Lunch (1 IP Broccoli Cheddar Soup) with 1 cup of chopped up steamed Broccoli or Cauliflower)
3 PM = Early 1/2 Dinner (4 oz. Lean Meat with 1.5 cups of vegetables and 1 tsp Olive Oil)
6 PM = Late 1/2 Dinner (4 oz Lean Meat with 1.5 cups of vegetables and 1 tsp Olive Oil)
9 PM = Snack (1 IP Chocolate Drink) ... this feels like a wonderful late night cheat! but is right in the protocol.

I am eating every 3 hours and just never have time to get hungry! And if you total this up ... it's ... 3 IP's, 8 oz lean meat, 4 c. vegetables, and 2 tsp Olive Oil. Perfect! (there is an extra tsp. of IP in the morning coffee, but that is so tiny, it's not worth worrying about IMHO)

Avalon1957 09-01-2013 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuscany123 (Post 4829829)
Evian is sparkling water right? What's in it that makes it sparkle? Would any brand of carbonated water work do you think? I really like this idea with the tea.

Evian is NON CARBONATED, it's natural spring water from France. Your carbonated idea is interesting though, I guess that might taste like cinnamon apple spice soda? There are many brands of carbonated and non-carbonated water though. I personally like the non-carbonated water because it's easier to suck down massive quantities. I wonder if carbonated water might give some hick-ups?? Just remember that 100 oz of water is a LOT OF WATER -- and any bubbles might "fill you up" too much too fast. If nothing else, buy one of the large bottles (1.5L) of Evian (which holds 50 oz of water) just to taste how good it is, then you can reuse the plastic bottle to fill with your own water (tap water or whatever). The bottle is great to carry around with you all day as it's resealable and plastic so unbreakable. Plus you know it's exactly 50 ounces so it's easier to monitor how much you are drinking a day. There is also a medium sized bottle of 1L or 33 ounces, this size might be easier for some to carry around! Getting enough water is key to fat loss since your body needs water to burn and expel fat. Just drop 3 of those Cinnamon Apple Spice teabags in and you are good to go! mmm mmm good!
https://mindstar.com/scratch/Evian.jpg