Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 04:02 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
Where do you order there products from ?
If you are asking about Ideal Protein products, you have to get them at a clinic

There are a variety of places to get alternative products
See these threads
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-products.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 09-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 137/119/120

I did 3 weeks of P3 while away on vacation and have started Maintenance. So far, my weight has gone up only 1 lb. my coach had warned me of a 3-5lb gain.

I weigh myself everyone morning and every night. I am finding that it is very hard to eat as much as I used to.

I am happy to enjoy a glass of wine with dinner and when I go out to eat, i stick with a salad and grilled chicken/ shrimp.

It is so worth doing IP. I am making better decisions now about food.

To all the newbies: stick to the plan.
Old 09-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #48  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Lisa- I've seen you post a few times a recipe where you mix some egg whites and a couple other ingredients with pretty much any drink packet to make cookies or muffins or something. Can you repost that? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it...

Thanks so much for all of your help.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #49  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Never mind Lisa... Just found it. Now I will go experiment.....
Old 09-01-2013, 05:13 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Lisa- I've seen you post a few times a recipe where you mix some egg whites and a couple other ingredients with pretty much any drink packet to make cookies or muffins or something. Can you repost that? I've been looking everywhere and can't find it...

Thanks so much for all of your help.
Yup!
This thread post #89 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-4-a.html
ETA: okay. For anyone else who is looking for it...

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-01-2013 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:31 PM   #51  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
I've been eyeballing veggie cheese in the store but have yet to try it. Also, I want you to know that you are my new idol as I've been reading about all of your fix-it adventures! You rock.
Aw, thanks! I'm mostly fumbling my way through things lately but I do have some great friends that offer to help out when needed. I managed to get the dishwasher hooked up and ran a normal load with no leaks or explosions - I consider that a plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
Veggie cheese: I found it was good mixed into things to add flavor, like soups, but on its own it was just so-so. A little bit on a salad was ok too. I definitely found it to be something I could live without.

Hubby installed our latest dishwasher and it was hard! It took every milimeter of space it could in the space, unlike our older model. Also the newest hoses (supplied with the washer) did not have a clamp, but was treated with a gel that was to adhere everything together like glue. Well after a few high temp washes the gel broke down and water leaked everywhere. It was under warranty but the Sears guy used new hoses with clamps to replace! Just wanted to warn you in case your new washer came supplied with the new gel treated hoses!
Interesting on the veggie cheese. I had heard about it - a friend's sons are both lactose intolerant so I know she uses it but I always wondered what it was like. Nope, totally old school here - no gel treated hoses! Good to know about those though, I would have cried if I hooked everything up and it leaked.

I took my mom to a different thrift store today and boy, did I find some great stuff! She picked out that nice black and pink skirt right when I found this nice pink (same shade) blouse - they go great together! And as a bonus, the blouse can be worn as a type of jacket when I lose more weight, love it! I spent less than $40 and got at least 4 more outfits - I feel better about going back to work now

Happy Sunday!
Jo
Old 09-01-2013, 07:10 PM   #52  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all and happy weekend. Hope all are doing well out there. Just home from searching all over the Bay Area for a muffler with my boyfriend (the consummate do-it-yourself-er that he is) and am hanging out waiting for some meat to marinade for dinner.

Yesterday I went scuba diving for the first time in a very...very...long time. It was amazing. Funny how losing 47+ pounds makes things like that so much easier. And yes, MidgieMoon - I needed much less weight to descend. Pretty awesome! I would estimate that I need to take off another 3-4 pounds of lead weight and see what happens. As I shore dive, however, I will be taking those reductions slowly.

Happy Sunday all.

Last edited by sarita75; 09-01-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

After having 3 weeks at 100% OP it my TOM and now for the first time I am having cravings, not for carbs but for fats. Has anyone else had this happen? Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #54  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

So I am getting really pissed at the scale...been bouncing from 212-215 since last Wed. Not seeing a nice steady loss as I was in the past! Grrrrr it must have to do with water retention, or hormones or something. Not the big c however lol. I have been following protocol nicely too. guess I have to keep on chugging along I suppose and keep on watching for the losses to show again!

I posted this in another thread (the august start one) but I thought I might get more help from the senior members on this one! Please tell me that I will start to lose again soon! I am getting discouraged. I am inputting my stats into myfitnesspal...and my calories are around 1000-1100 daily and my sugars and carbs are low...not sure what is going on...maybe 4th week stall? I just think that even if I wasn't in ketosis (which I should be, I haven't cheated recently to not be) then at least just by calorie in vs calorie out I should still be below my BMR and losing! Help!!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sarita: You look beautiful in your new pic!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:40 PM   #56  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Sarita: You look beautiful in your new pic!
Thanks!!!
Old 09-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #57  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
So I am getting really pissed at the scale...been bouncing from 212-215 since last Wed. Not seeing a nice steady loss as I was in the past! Grrrrr it must have to do with water retention, or hormones or something. Not the big c however lol. I have been following protocol nicely too. guess I have to keep on chugging along I suppose and keep on watching for the losses to show again!

I posted this in another thread (the august start one) but I thought I might get more help from the senior members on this one! Please tell me that I will start to lose again soon! I am getting discouraged. I am inputting my stats into myfitnesspal...and my calories are around 1000-1100 daily and my sugars and carbs are low...not sure what is going on...maybe 4th week stall? I just think that even if I wasn't in ketosis (which I should be, I haven't cheated recently to not be) then at least just by calorie in vs calorie out I should still be below my BMR and losing! Help!!
Yes this could be the slow down people see at about the fourth or fifth week. Honestly though if as you say this has you pissed, then stop weighing yourself every day, please. Your causing yourself more stress than is necessary. You know your OP so you should relax a bit. Are you getting all your water in?
Closed Thread