Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 12:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

I started on August 9th, and just completed my third weigh in yesterday. I am down 15 pounds and 15 inches (I am a square!) So far so good. Like others, I had a rough time at about day 3, and felt so terrible, but about 10 days ago, I felt so much lighter and happier. My attitude is much better! I have a touch of a stomach bug today, but I will be better soon, I hope.

In spite of the rules, I do go to spinning class three days a week, mainly for my sanity! I am very pleased so far, although I don't love my coach, she is growing on me!

I am excited to be on on team August 2013, and will be here for all of you
Old 08-31-2013, 12:41 PM   #17  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Do I qualify? I started the IP Diet on July 30th. And my results have been amazing so far. I have lost 26 pounds and 4 5/8" off my waistline in 32 days! I am averaging 0.8125 pounds lost per day and 1" off my waistline per week.
Absolutely! Join us! You've just had a little head-start You really HAVE had amazing results! I have to laugh - you must be a data geek.......a woman after my own heart! Love the charts and graphs It's motivating, isn't it? Couldn't resist to get back on and check the thread, but back to work now! Have a great, OP day!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

What a great idea for all of the August joiners to work together in support. This is only the ending of the second week for me, having started on August 18.

I feel happy with what I have been through - some challenges with feeling a little weak if I try to do too much. have learned to grab a salty pickle and then SLOW down a bit.

First week went like gang busters but I am paying for that the second week with the roller coaster. Up a pound, down the same pound. Up half, down a pound. So I am losing but with all the changes and sacrifices, I half expect to see that needle just plummeting!

I will turn 60 next year and our last child is off to his second year of college. I am doing on a BIG scale what the coach mentioned earlier prescribed - ME time. Lots of reflection on how I got where I am, why it has been such a struggle and where I want to go.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #19  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All,
Great idea for a thread, I feel I am addicted to this forum and read a lot of the threads.. come here multiple times a day to get advice, see everyone else's successes and challenges.. I find it very helpful..

I am in my second week and feeling better all the time, those damn keto sticks still not turning colour but I am going to try not to worry about it..

What I am focusing on for me is spreading out my meals, snacks, salads through the day so I am able to eat every week hours.. I do find I am eating my restricted snack in the afternoon, as I find that is when I am getting hungry.. so far I am eating at 7am (drink shake), about 10:30 - 11am (lunch package, omelet reheated or soup), then about 1pm my salad and lunch pills, about 3 my restricted snack, dinner meat and veggies - about 6pm, then I am doing good at nothing more after dinner or if I do get hungry a couple of celery stalks.. I have just come up with this plan in the last few days.. really trying to hold off on eating when I can..

Does anyone else have any tips or discoveries since you have started?
Old 08-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #20  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

I started 8/16! a group is a great idea! Thanks!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #21  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi August-ers!! I started only this past Wednesday 8/27, and I have my first weigh in on Monday! I already feel so much better and have energy again. I can tell I've lost water weight because I can see definition in my knees and ankles where before they just looked full. Never thought that I was retaining water, lol. I'm enjoying discovering new packages. I love the blueberry can granita drink and the piņa colada is surpringly good.

Congrats to you all for taking this big step!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #22  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I started 8/16 and would love to be a part of this group too - great idea!

The hardest part for me so far is thinking about how far I have to go. I try not to dwell on that, but I am a slower loser and a part of me is dreading the amount of time it is going to take to get where I want to be. I've lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks, which is great, but again I find it hard to compare to people who are losing double that in the same time. I'm suffering from quite a bit of scale envy and am trying to let that go! Anyone relate or have tips for managing that? Everyone just says "don't compare." Well yes, but it's easier said than done! I can relate to what another poster said about time dragging - that's how I feel sometimes with regard to how far away the end seems!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:22 PM   #23  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post

The hardest part for me so far is thinking about how far I have to go. I try not to dwell on that, but I am a slower loser and a part of me is dreading the amount of time it is going to take to get where I want to be. I've lost 5 pounds in the first two weeks, which is great, but again I find it hard to compare to people who are losing double that in the same time. I'm suffering from quite a bit of scale envy and am trying to let that go! Anyone relate or have tips for managing that? Everyone just says "don't compare." Well yes, but it's easier said than done! I can relate to what another poster said about time dragging - that's how I feel sometimes with regard to how far away the end seems!
I put my scale in my husband's man cave, lol. I do agree that the thought of how far I have to go is scarey. Maybe when you create your tracker instead of entering your weight you can enter as a countdown of pounds lost. Like if you have 50 lbs to loose our tracker tracks from 50 to 0 rather than your weight, like 185 to 135. Just a newbie thought.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:37 PM   #24  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthouse101 View Post

The hardest part for me so far is thinking about how far I have to go....how far away the end seems!
Welcome fellow August-ers I like that Lighthouse, I know how you feel, but this is when I, anyway, look at those who have been successful - and for many of them it has been up to a year on the program or more - and just decided if they can do it, I can too, and it will be well worth it in the end. That end/date will get here whether you stay on the program or not - so why not reach that date with an all new you!? I have a sign that says "A year from now you will wish you would have started TODAY". How true! I've had way too many years when that is EXACTLY how I've felt. I don't want to feel that anymore. 6, 8, 10 months will pass no matter what - may as well be where you want to be when it arrives! YOU CAN DO IT!!
Old 08-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #25  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Absolutely! Join us! You've just had a little head-start You really HAVE had amazing results! I have to laugh - you must be a data geek.......a woman after my own heart! Love the charts and graphs It's motivating, isn't it? Couldn't resist to get back on and check the thread, but back to work now! Have a great, OP day!
Avalon, I just realized I assumed you were a woman, not sure why. Either way, welcome, glad you are joining us!

Last edited by slownsteady; 08-31-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:48 PM   #26  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

no worries! it's all good!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 09-01-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 PM   #27  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Great idea for a thread!!! I started Aug 2nd. Down 15lbs and 20 inches! Whooo! Feel so much better since I started...feeling like I have actually accomplished something for once. I need some advice/opinions on one thing! I have a vacation coming up...Sept 15-22. We are going to Los Angeles. What do I do?! Phase off? Keep on? I just really don't want to spend my week away feeling guilty for not staying on plan. There's no way I would make it without cheating- its a vacation after all. And yes I know I could be stubborn and stay on 100%...but I don't want to plain and simple! I think what I may do is the alternative plan the week before I go, and the week in LA...then back to P1 when I get home. I know my losses will stall- but I'm ok with that. This journey is going to be a long one regardless...and life is short I want to enjoy holidays without feeling the guilt...does anyone know what I mean? I know a holiday isn't about food- but I would like to enjoy some restaurants in LA!

Last edited by jmanovich; 08-31-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #28  
Junior Member ESQ

S/C/G: 181/169/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Good idea!

Hello! I started on Monday, so this is day 6 for me! I'm doing well so far, the chocolate drink is my absolute favourite, and kale chips have become a staple I am struggling with the inactivity though. I haven't been intentionally exercising, but I find that even taking my dog for a long walk makes my legs tired and wimpy. I was relatively active before, and I have never felt crappy after a walk!
Old 08-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

I started August 5. Love the steady decrease. I had intended to begin mid-July but found out I have hypothyroidism & wanted to be on that med for a couple of weeks before beginning IP. I am hoping to reach my goal by mid-October & then I'll decide if I want to lose more.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:25 PM   #30  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Great idea for a thread!!! I started Aug 2nd. Down 15lbs and 20 inches! Whooo! Feel so much better since I started...feeling like I have actually accomplished something for once. I need some advice/opinions on one thing! I have a vacation coming up...Sept 15-22. We are going to Los Angeles. What do I do?! Phase off? Keep on? I just really don't want to spend my week away feeling guilty for not staying on plan. There's no way I would make it without cheating- its a vacation after all. And yes I know I could be stubborn and stay on 100%...but I don't want to plain and simple! I think what I may do is the alternative plan the week before I go, and the week in LA...then back to P1 when I get home. I know my losses will stall- but I'm ok with that. This journey is going to be a long one regardless...and life is short I want to enjoy holidays without feeling the guilt...does anyone know what I mean? I know a holiday isn't about food- but I would like to enjoy some restaurants in LA!
Well, you could stay on plan pretty easily I figure. Just pack bars dinks and shakes. Have either a bar or shake for breakfast and snack, then have a drink with a big salad at lunch, then meat/chix with veg at dinner. See! Easy-peasy!!

Don't give yourself any excuses. This is an expensive plan so try to stick to it and loose what you can quickly. Plus, it's designed to "turn-off" your pancreas so it can rest. If you start n stop n start n stop think how you'll be messing with your body. Just tough it out, LA will always be there
Closed Thread