Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #16  

Height: 5'4"

Morning all! Happy Friday before the long weekend!

Had a favourite aunt in town last night and she wanted to go to Red Lobster for supper. I had the best waitress there - I told her what my dietary concerns were and she did everything for me! I had grilled chicken and shrimp with extra steamed veggies and a salad (she even had them leave out the carrots!). She told me the chicken and shrimp were grilled with no butter (the shrimp was to have a garlic something glaze but she had them leave it off) and the veggies were steamed with nothing added but spices. It was great - she was so helpful! She also pointed out that the lobster, shrimp and scallop meal that my cousin ordered would have been good for me as well with extra veggies instead of rice. I had thought about ordering that but I think it would be over the 8oz of protein. But she definitely earned her tip

It was also great how everyone commented on how good I was looking last night, definitely made the last 11 weeks worth it!

Well, the new furniture and appliances are coming tomorrow so I have a few more things to straighten up, do the last load of dishes in the old dishwasher and maybe cook one last batch of potato puree breadsticks in the oven for old times sake, lol!

Happy Friday!

Jo
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
Good Morning

You can tell I am a newbie from my post on yesterday's thread--I listed my weight loss for the past 7 weeks as 14# but when I listed my measurements I only added up one arm, one thigh, etc. I was telling my DH by losses this morning and I said "I've lost 9.25 inches" and he replied "from your waist?" and I said no overall but wait, I was only calculating one arm and thigh in that figure so now my new number inches lost is 13.25 so it is pretty close to number of pounds lost--so excited!
The IP office I use doesn't double anything .. They only measure one arm and one leg ... I've lost 43 " but there is only one of each appendage in that #! How do other sites calculate?

Last edited by 65X65; 08-30-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #18  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
was up .6 lbs at my weekly weigh in this morning with NO cheats!
I hear ya...I'm up 1.2 with NO cheats! Our bodies must be recalibrating...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Believe it or not it motivates me to stay OP...if I gain OP, just think how much I'd gain if I truly went off plan. YIKES
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 AM   #19  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Sounds like lots of fun!! have a great time..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc85 View Post
Hope everyone has a great OP long weekend!! We are headed to my in-laws camp, going boating and ride 4-wheelers!! Ready for some extra time off of work
Old 08-30-2013, 12:03 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I hear ya...I'm up 1.2 with NO cheats! Our bodies must be recalibrating...at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Believe it or not it motivates me to stay OP...if I gain OP, just think how much I'd gain if I truly went off plan. YIKES
I am having a similar week. I have been 100% OP since the beginning (with the exception of my phase off for vacation) and I have suddenly come to a screeching halt in my weight loss. I had previously been losing 2-3 lbs./week consistently, and this week... NADA. I am even up a little.

How do you stay motivated through the plateaus?? I have not cheated, I am sticking with it, but it's hard when you're not seeing the results the way you were!
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default have a great weekend!

My week 3 weigh in (I am on day 21) is today. Looking forward to continued downward movement.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend, I am off Sunday to visit chold #2 at college in Philly!

M.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #22  
Started IP: 1/16/13

S/C/G: 228.6/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
That sounds like a great plan. Hubby and I celebrating 9 yrs this weekend and have a friend taking our kids for the night. I'm thinking hike with the dog and later dinner and a movie. I will tuck some IP packets in my purse and eat a lean steak with steamed broccoli for dins dins. This is so doable!

Happy Anniversary to you!
Thank you and happy anniversary to you also!!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #23  

Pep talk for those of you with scale increases:

You KNOW you stuck to plan
You KNOW it isn't fat
So hormones or sodium have caused a water weight increase. It'll go away. It has happened to many of us.
Ignore the d^#% scale and keep moving forward.
The fickle scale doesn't get to rule us.
Old 08-30-2013, 01:48 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 282/246.8/135

Height: 5' 3"

Default status

Just enjoying all these words or wisdom and the camaraderie on the site! I'm still learning and had some slippage the week before last and the scale let me know at my last weigh in (no loss all week). Just hoping that was temporary as I got really discouraged on my last program when i stalled for 2 months. Not going to let that happen with this chapter of my life...
Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #25  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Pep talk for those of you with scale increases:

You KNOW you stuck to plan
You KNOW it isn't fat
So hormones or sodium have caused a water weight increase. It'll go away. It has happened to many of us.
Ignore the d^#% scale and keep moving forward.
The fickle scale doesn't get to rule us.
Good reminder. As many here have said, weight loss isn't linear. Last week I gained 0.5 lbs even though I was 100% OP, this week I had lost it plus 1.5 lbs more.

Interestingly, on the weeks where I lose 0 or close to 0, I often have a high inches loss -- does this happen to anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Anyone else get a kick out of feeling or seeing their bones? Maybe I'm just weird that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
I laughed when I read this, because the other day I was so excited that my jaw and my neck are now two distinct things. I get excited about seeing "bones" too. So no I don't think you are anymore weird than I.
I can relate to this. I was very excited to see my rib cage again.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

Last edited by bluegirl9; 08-30-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #26  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

thanks ladies. feeling better.

got the new cookie dough bar today.. soooo good!
Old 08-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #27  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Okay, whomever wrote on one of the jicama threads about Julienne-ing jicama into sticks with some lime zest and juice is a GENIUS! So good! It tastes like fruit! And it's nice and crispy. Yum! Sending a big thank you!

RE: Bones -- I also get a kick out of wiggling my toes and seeing all the bones and tendons lately.

To those who are up this week -- I am willing to bet that, as long as you hold firm this week, you will have a great week next week. Go put on something makes you feel skinny and keep your chin up. Your reward is coming.

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 08-30-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:38 PM   #28  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all and happy Friday. I am hungry as all get up today. Going to have lunch soon though so I am glad about that. Scuba diving tomorrow and going to have a ready-made pudding waiting for me when I get out as I suspect I will be hungry. Funny though. The last time I was diving I weighed probably about 200-210 pounds. The thing is that when you scuba dive, you have to wear weight (lead) to compensate for the neoprene and air tank. But I have no frame of reference for what I need to wear lead-wise tomorrow. So i am going going to wear the same amount of led as I wore last time when I was about 30-40 pounds heavier. lol. We shall see.

On another funny note, I ordered a new bathing suit from amazon as I need one for diving. I ordered what I *thought* would be the right size. It just arrived and I am in stitches - no way my body is going into that tiny suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
Anyone else get a kick out of feeling or seeing their bones? Maybe I'm just weird that way. I laughed when I read this, because the other day I was so excited that my jaw and my neck are now two distinct things. I get excited about seeing "bones" too. So no I don't think you are anymore weird than I.
Quote:
RE: Bones -- I also get a kick out of wiggling my toes and seeing all the bones and tendons lately.
Totally! I am going to try the toes thing, but I am routinely feeling my collar bone and shoulders. As well, I like feeling my hips when I lie down.

I recall one big pity party when my boyfriend got our favorite pizza and I wanted it so bad but was resisting. I had to leave the room and go lie down in the bedroom and laid there, feeling my collar bone, telling myself "bones, not pizza bones!" over and over again. Sad, but true.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #29  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
I bought myself some new jeans this week. They are too small at the moment, and that is on purpose. I need something to strive for, non-scale related. Anyway, I decided to see if I could get them on and zipped if I tried really, really hard. I did! Since they are more of a low-rise style, they rest on my hip bones. Yes! I became aware that I do, in fact, have hip bones! LOL They have been in there -- way in there -- all along. Amazing. I think the jeans will be presentable in about 5 - 7 more pounds gone. So exciting!

Anyone else get a kick out of feeling or seeing their bones? Maybe I'm just weird that way.

Jeans - there is a pair of purple 7's at a local store, I keep thinking I should buy them for motivation (right now the tens I have are starting to get the saggy bum look) but not sure about going from the even numbers to the odd ones... anyone know the difference?

BONES!!! oh my gosh its not just you, It started first with my collar bones peeking out, loved seeing them. Then it was my bones and tendons in my feet. Then lol my Darling One was like "Look Beauty, you have hip bones just like me!" He is so skinny, but he has been so wonderful through all of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
was up .6 lbs at my weekly weigh in this morning with NO cheats!
I have had two weeks with a slight gain, but I too was 100% OP. They were also the two weeks I lost the most inches. For me, in my mind I prefer to think of these weeks as my body's way of catching up with the scale. Also the following weeks were both a pretty motivating number too, it all averaged out to a number I am not embarrassed about, because I was doing the plan and nothing is going to stand in my way of finishing this.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:11 PM   #30  
IP Start Date: Aug. 2/13

S/C/G: 248.2/213.8/146

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to those put there with losses this week. Hang in there to those whom went up. Don't take it to heart... take it just one day at a time. Sounds like during those weeks you loose lots of inches!

For me, I saw 220's on my scale for the time in years. I'm down 17.6lbs after 4 weeks. I'm elated!! I get to go home to visit my Mom and sister next week... can't wait to see what they say! They all saw me in early July.

We have family staying with us right now but I:ve a good girl and stayed OP for the whole time. I think I even surprised my husband

Feelin' amazing. Looking forward to the next few days on holidays. Have a great long weekend everyone!!!
Closed Thread