Old 08-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #1  
Holding on TIGHT

S/C/G: 225/195.4/166.2/135

Height: 5'1

Default Back in the saddle again

I've been MIA for a while, have some serious life issues happen and gained some weight. I am up a little over 20 pounds, maybe 25 pounds. I am discouraged but I need some accountability. I have had a very hard time sticking to the IP protocol, so I was eating low carb, which didn't seem to keep my weight at bay like I thought it would. I had added cheese, cream and bacon to my diet. No sweets, well, yes, if you count peanut butter. All I can do now is lick my wounds, go forward now and continue. Today I have been OP, pretty happy about that. Just thought I would share. Anyone been off the wagon and get back on and STAYED on? & lost the weight? Thanks.
fourstubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 196- starting weight

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstubbs View Post
I've been MIA for a while, have some serious life issues happen and gained some weight. I am up a little over 20 pounds, maybe 25 pounds. I am discouraged but I need some accountability. I have had a very hard time sticking to the IP protocol, so I was eating low carb, which didn't seem to keep my weight at bay like I thought it would. I had added cheese, cream and bacon to my diet. No sweets, well, yes, if you count peanut butter. All I can do now is lick my wounds, go forward now and continue. Today I have been OP, pretty happy about that. Just thought I would share. Anyone been off the wagon and get back on and STAYED on? & lost the weight? Thanks.
Just wanted to encourage you. I think it's great that you are back. Life happens and we all are doing the best we can. God speed on your journey. You can so do it! I'm also very sorry about your mom.
laloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 11:22 AM   #3  

It's been my experience that weight loss motivation comes in waves and it's impossible to be in a state of strong motivation at all times. It's just the way it is. Even if your life was perfect and you experience zero stress, you'll still notice peaks and valleys. It's extremely frustrating, but understanding that process is helpful. Ride the highs and accept the lows. There's nothing wrong with being in a low. You haven't failed. Even if you gained weight, you haven't failed. You're still on the tracks and that's all that counts. The good news for you is that your low is probably ebbing and you could be entering a high phase again. Good for you! Highs can't be forced (trust me, I've tried!) so take advantage of it while it lasts. Good luck!
earthecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #4  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Not sure if you have ever seen any of my posts, but I originally did IP 100% from the beginning of September 2010 until February of 2011 (around 6 months) and lost 80 pounds. I have been in maintenance ever since. I always vacation in December and then again in February and then April. I do small 10-12 day reboots after those vacations.

But this summer is my third summer in maintenance and every single one I gained 15-20 pounds...this one being the worst...about 25 pounds.

But my point...so for the rambling (I wanted you to understand the full experience I have been through)....I consider my September and October to be IP months and yes I have gotten back to goal after the last two summers. I am 12 days into this reboot and doing well so far. Hoping to be back at my goal weight by Columbus Day (slightly off protocol due to a new set (put on today) of braces...I can't eat the salads).
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297.7/288.4/200

Height: 5'8"

What a timely post. I had a low and got off track for about 3 weeks and gained a few pounds back. I am trying to not look at this as a failure. I like earthecho's comments about weight loss being a process of highs and lows. I didn't gain all this weight overnight and it's not going to disappear overnight.
mcn1254 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM   #6  
Holding on TIGHT

thank you all!! I do appreciate any feedback. I'm glad there is hope that I can get back on track. My coach told me (when I was seeing one) that it is extremely hard to get back on once off, so I think that is what I am most afraid of. Although, everyone is different. Well, on to day two.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:11 PM   #7  
Holding on TIGHT

Wish we could have "like" buttons on these posts, LOL.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #8  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Welcome back!
Quote:
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:14 AM   #9  

Over the course of my 2.5 years in maintenance....I have taken on the attitude that this will be my life forever. I occasionally get frustrated to be in phase 1 when I have to do it, but am grateful that I get to take 8 weeks off every summer and relax.

Today is day 13 of my reboot and I weigh in tomorrow. I will let you know how much I have dropped so far.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:47 AM   #10  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

I've been MIA for 2 years and tried and lost a few pounds doing other programs like WW and Dukan. Put it all back on plus more. Lots of life issues in these 2 years that led to me being the heaviest I have been since I was pregnant. My head was really not in a good space in these past two years so I can relate to what you are going through. I admire you for coming here and sharing your journey. I am so sorry about your Mom. Blessings to you and I hope to keep seeing you on these boards! Xx
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 03:17 PM   #11  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:

girl......i LOVE YOU!! i am so jumping up and down proud of YOU for getting right back into the plan!! YOU are an amazing and strong woman. I wish i had the perfect words for you....i don't...but i love you!! the response below.....really was perfect! thank you for being you and for staying strong, and just focus on 1 week....get that one week down and you'll be right back on the tracks zipping your train along the ip rails...and seeing all the "sights" of planning and focusing fall right back in to place!!! YOU GOT THIS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthecho View Post
It's been my experience that weight loss motivation comes in waves and it's impossible to be in a state of strong motivation at all times. It's just the way it is. Even if your life was perfect and you experience zero stress, you'll still notice peaks and valleys. It's extremely frustrating, but understanding that process is helpful. Ride the highs and accept the lows. There's nothing wrong with being in a low. You haven't failed. Even if you gained weight, you haven't failed. You're still on the tracks and that's all that counts. The good news for you is that your low is probably ebbing and you could be entering a high phase again. Good for you! Highs can't be forced (trust me, I've tried!) so take advantage of it while it lasts. Good luck!
LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! gonna print it out!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 09-01-2013 at 03:05 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: me:153/129/130 him:243/203/185

Height: me 5'5" him 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthecho View Post
Wow and thank you so much. This is so appropriate insightful intelligent helpful and powerful. It applies to LIFE. Just what I needed to read. I am where most would call a high, reached goal, thriving career, healthy happy kids, loving husband... but I am definitely in a low. Reading this was just the catalyst to make me remember if you are in the valley, there is no where to go but the peak! Yippee!! I love the peak! I am on my way there, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!
EasierWithTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 242/219/195

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Over the course of my 2.5 years in maintenance....I have taken on the attitude that this will be my life forever. I occasionally get frustrated to be in phase 1 when I have to do it, but am grateful that I get to take 8 weeks off every summer and relax.

Today is day 13 of my reboot and I weigh in tomorrow. I will let you know how much I have dropped so far.
Hi Darbs what great motivation! Can you tell me when you do your reboots do you go through all the phases? Even your mini-after holiday reboots? I lost 40 1st time around but didn't do maintenance very well. I love your way of thinking! Do you use IP products or alternatives in your reboots? And finally when you are following maintenance are you strict about the "treat day" then an IP phase 1 day after? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to have such a handle on all this!
zweezers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by zweezers View Post
Hi Darbs what great motivation! Can you tell me when you do your reboots do you go through all the phases? Even your mini-after holiday reboots? I lost 40 1st time around but didn't do maintenance very well. I love your way of thinking! Do you use IP products or alternatives in your reboots? And finally when you are following maintenance are you strict about the "treat day" then an IP phase 1 day after? Sorry for all the questions but you seem to have such a handle on all this!
Here is my typical year:

September/October: Modified phase one (combo of IP and food from nashua and I also use a little cheese).

Try to take a night off over Columbus Day weekend and follow Atkins and have a couple drinks and then again over Veteren's weekend. I do a short phase off the week before Thanksgiving. I take Thanksgiving long weekend completely off (4-5 days) and follow it with 3 full days of phase one but maybe higher carb shakes to avoid ketosis.

I follow phase 3/4 until Christmas.

I take from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day off.

I follow that with 10 days off phase 1.

I follow maintenance until President's week (we cruise that week). I take that full week off.

I follow that with phase 1 for 10 days.

Then I follow phase 4 until the end of June

I do not follow anything from June 20ish to August 20ish (free for all).

Since I am constantly on phase 1, it has become very natural at this point.

Right now, about to become a grandma so very excited about that (daughter and son-in-law moved home from Texas and are with us, so grandbaby will be here).

Back to work tomorrow (I am a high school science teacher).

Also seeing doctor's in Boston (Dana Faber) for a rare hieriditary condition.

So between Boston, Baby, and work...no time to think about being bad on diet.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 242/219/195

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Darbs! That's fantastic information! I will follow in your footsteps congrats on being a grandma! That's wonderful! Hope you have a good first day back to work!
zweezers is offline   Reply With Quote