Old 08-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #1  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default made a mistake !

Ooppssss... today I made a big mistake - I had (2) restricted items instead of just one - spaghetti and chocolate soy puffs.. I had some terrible news today and I reached for the sweets.. in this case the chocolate soy puffs ! At least I am glad I did not binge since I am an emotional eater...
Did that thappen to anyone ..and if so did you fall out of ketosis ?? I am kinda worried as I love those ibs falling off...
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 09:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
Ooppssss... today I made a big mistake - I had (2) restricted items instead of just one - spaghetti and chocolate soy puffs.. I had some terrible news today and I reached for the sweets.. in this case the chocolate soy puffs ! At least I am glad I did not binge since I am an emotional eater...
Did that thappen to anyone ..and if so did you fall out of ketosis ?? I am kinda worried as I love those ibs falling off...
It's a little higher carbs in one day than is ideal (pun intended!!) BUT I think you are safe w/Ketosis.

Drink lots of water the rest of today and tomorrow. Do not skip packets, veg or your proteins - that will not help.

Move on and stick to your plan!!

(Sorry about getting unsettling news... How about doing something special for yourself... Manicure, massage, new blouse, etc!!!!)
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Ketosis prevents you from getting hungry and it curbs carb binges. It is not scientifically proven to enhance weight loss. It is possible that ketosis helps preserve muscle mass during weight loss as it encourages your body to run on ketone bodies. But you lose weight because you have a caloric deficit. Some people are more carb sensitive and they may have an advantage with a ketogenic diet, but adding 10g more for 1 day does not make a difference. Just ignore it and go on.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #4  
sugar is the devil

If you are wanting an extra packet a day, you could try reaching for a Raspberry Jelly or the Blueberry Cran-Granata Drink. These are made with collagen protein so they are allowed as an extra packet a day. But not every day (every other day at most). Jelly could curb your "sweetness" fix.
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:43 AM   #5  

Correction: You can have one of those two packets as an extra packet daily. You can only use them as one of your three regular packets every-other-day at most due to the fact that they don't contain complete protein. But as an extra, they can be used daily, if you are adding post-exercise or for another legitimate reason.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-29-2013 at 06:49 AM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
Drink lots of water the rest of today and tomorrow. Do not skip packets, veg or your proteins - that will not help.
I have to ask, because I have seen the "drink more water" advise given a few times lately. Why are people lately being told to drink "lots of water" or "even more water" whenever they have something off plan?

I promise I am not trying to start a debate, just simply wanting some clarification, in case some new scientific research has come out that I am unaware of. I understand the necessity of water, and yes, we drink a lot of water on IP protocol. However, I am not understanding the logic behind having additional water will counteract the extra carbs from having 2 restricteds (in this example). For that matter, how can drinking extra, lots, or more water, help someone who has posted on here about eating off plan (via downright cheat or accidental packet mixup)?

Water is necessary and definitely has its benefits, but it will not flush away calories, fat, carbs, etc. Am I misunderstanding something?
Princess Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
I have to ask, because I have seen the "drink more water" advise given a few times lately. Why are people lately being told to drink "lots of water" or "even more water" whenever they have something off plan?

I promise I am not trying to start a debate, just simply wanting some clarification, in case some new scientific research has come out that I am unaware of. I understand the necessity of water, and yes, we drink a lot of water on IP protocol. However, I am not understanding the logic behind having additional water will counteract the extra carbs from having 2 restricteds (in this example). For that matter, how can drinking extra, lots, or more water, help someone who has posted on here about eating off plan (via downright cheat or accidental packet mixup)?

Water is necessary and definitely has its benefits, but it will not flush away calories, fat, carbs, etc. Am I misunderstanding something?
It is NOT meant to offset or fix a cheat or to be construed as permission to go off plan and then just drink more. However, adding additional water can continue to aid in keeping the body functions moving things through the system more efficiently/optimally.

Water will NOT reverse the cheat.

Also, maybe focusing someone on drinking water will help fill that "void" that maybe prompted the cheat - divert their attention so to speak - LOL!!
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Strange Dreams

I am in my 3rd full week OP, and have started having strange dreams. I dreamt about eating cake last night and it was so strange... Anyone else ever have this happen? It is spooking me some!http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/imag...s/confused.gif

Have a great day,
M.
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #9  
sugar is the devil

^ thanks Lisa for that correction. I was replying during my night shift and thought something just wasn't right about my response but couldn't figure it out... So came to the conclusion it was correct
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote