Old 08-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #16  
Junior Member ESQ

S/C/G: 181/169/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Hi all!
Day 7 on the IP program and today was my first weigh in. I have lost 6 pounds and it's my TOM! I have to think that scale will be my friend even more next week! I'm feeling good. Hunger pains are gone. Headache still pops in to say hi at least once a day but not too bad. No bad breath! My energy is way up and I didn't really PMS! The hardest part for me is the 4 cups of veggies per day. There are not a lot of veggies I like and I am starting to get bored! Any veggie suggestions would be helpful! I like tomatoes and beans which are restricted, brocolli, cauliflower, bean sprouts, cucumbers and spinach. You guys were more help to me this past week than you know!!! Love to you!!
Congratulations!!! That is fantastic progress, I hope I see similar when I weigh in next week
I read a couple of the other posts in this thread and I wanted to mention for kale chips- strip the leaf off of the spine, because the spine stays soggy and it is gross. The leaf by itself is delicious baked with salt or seasoning.

I know you don't like zucchini, but have you ever had it grilled? I grill it almost black, and it's pretty good. Peppers too. Have you tried riced cauliflower? Grate it on a food processor or on a cheese grater, and them steam it for about 5 minutes. I bet it would be good with soy sauce or a sesame ginger sauce.
tinimartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinimartini View Post
Congratulations!!! That is fantastic progress, I hope I see similar when I weigh in next week
I read a couple of the other posts in this thread and I wanted to mention for kale chips- strip the leaf off of the spine, because the spine stays soggy and it is gross. The leaf by itself is delicious baked with salt or seasoning.

I know you don't like zucchini, but have you ever had it grilled? I grill it almost black, and it's pretty good. Peppers too. Have you tried riced cauliflower? Grate it on a food processor or on a cheese grater, and them steam it for about 5 minutes. I bet it would be good with soy sauce or a sesame ginger sauce.
Oh thanks Tini! I am def going to try the kale chips and appreciate your tip. I really dislike zucchini and peppers and can't imagine there is any way I can cook them that I would like them. How do you steam the grated Cauliflower when it's so small?
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #18  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

My first weigh-in was today also, and I lost 7 lbs! Kellimom, I know you also just started. Who else will have their first weigh-in this week? I understand, of course, that everyone loses at their own rate and no comparisons should be made, but it would be fun to follow the progress of other Newbies who started at the same time.
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
My first weigh-in was today also, and I lost 7 lbs! Kellimom, I know you also just started. Who else will have their first weigh-in this week? I understand, of course, that everyone loses at their own rate and no comparisons should be made, but it would be fun to follow the progress of other Newbies who started at the same time.
Totally agree! That would be fun! 7 pounds! You are awesome!! How are you feeling? I feel pretty good. Hunger pains have pretty much gone away and so has the headache. But I am really struggling with the 4 cups of veggies!!
Kellimomo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 164/159/127

Height: 5.5

If you dislike zucchini but love apple pie try this: cut the zucchini to look like sliced apples, boil in a little water with a few teaspoons of lemon juice, add cinnamon and nutmeg and a drop of vanilla or waldens caramel or strawberry sauce...I served it to my children they were like MOM, can I have more apple pie ( I guess one would call it cobbler) great dinner/dessert food without any guilt and you get your vegetables and a taste of much missed FRUIT.
believeinGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:32 AM   #21  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Totally agree! That would be fun! 7 pounds! You are awesome!! How are you feeling? I feel pretty good. Hunger pains have pretty much gone away and so has the headache. But I am really struggling with the 4 cups of veggies!!
Sorry, been a couple of days! I am feeling good, but do get the hunger pangs, and I haven't been as prepared as I should be as far as having veggies on hand to nibble on. But have been 100% and am motivated to go the distance! I do put 1 c of spinach leaves and ice in a blender with my chocolate drink in the morning, so that takes care of 1 cup, and believe it or not, you cannot taste the spinach at all!
slownsteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 AM   #22  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

I like zucchini but definitely going to try this.. sounds good
Quote:
Originally Posted by believeinGod View Post
If you dislike zucchini but love apple pie try this: cut the zucchini to look like sliced apples, boil in a little water with a few teaspoons of lemon juice, add cinnamon and nutmeg and a drop of vanilla or waldens caramel or strawberry sauce...I served it to my children they were like MOM, can I have more apple pie ( I guess one would call it cobbler) great dinner/dessert food without any guilt and you get your vegetables and a taste of much missed FRUIT.
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote