Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #61  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi All!
I am on day 4, so far so good. I had a terrible headache on Day 2 in the evening and ended up going to bed at 8:30 (eeek) but I am feeling a little better. I doesnt help that TOM is starting Saturday so my body is all thrown off. I went to the Dr. yesterday (the same one I am doing IP with) and we are doing a full panel on my thyroid as well because he is fairly convinced I have Hypothyroid. It would be nice to know for sure as I have thought so a long time! So on Monday I am going to pick up my first set of food that I choose (the first week was a set of samples that I did not pick). Any recommendations? Any favorites? I am def getting the potato puree as I did not get it in my sample. Any others?
Hi there, I am just starting as well - began week 2 today. I also had headaches in the first few days, but they subsided as my body adjusted to the protocol. I really like the Maple Oatmeal for breakfast, and the chocolate and vanilla drinks make yummy snacks too. There are lots of good recipes on these boards for the potato besides the basic, like making rolls and breadsticks out of them, so that will vary it up for you too. Best of luck on your journey!
Old 08-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I hope this works!

Before pic and 6 weeks OP! Have I mentioned that I LOVE IP?!
GRATS YOU look amazing Susie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
As noted here at least a zillion times, not all coaches have the same level of training. I just saw a website stating their coaches had "level 3 training"

Anyway...my (former, fired) coach is a Region Rep. They go to ALL of the trainings. Yes, the blueberry Pom and Rasperry jello are incomplete proteins and should be used in one of 2 ways: as an extra packet if used daily or only used every-other day as a regular, unrestricted.
This is why they are one of my go-tos for an after-exercise additional packet (at least until I run out of IP products). If anyone remembers the liquid diets of the 70s-early 80s & people dying...this is why. They were using exclusively collagen as the protein & it was incomplete & it killed people!
Thanks for the heads up lisa...im changing around my drinks starting today...yay for another thing i have to educate my coach on

Today i may write IP and let them know this information should be on their website given the disparity in knowledge between their coaches lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Art3mis - Don't know if you're gonna check back in today but wanted to thank you for the tip on my kale smoothie on Tuesday! I tried again today leaving out the stems and it was world of difference. It was just as good as my spinach but with a little more of a "bite" from the kale... and zero chunks!
Weee glad it worked..took me a long time of drinking juices with yucky strings in it to learn lol, glad you only had to endure one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Had WI today, and saw second largest weight loss since I started IP, down 6.6 lbs
GRATS
Old 08-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

I had my first week weigh in today, and I lost 13.4 pounds! I am so excited about it. I know, I know, I won't lose that much from now on, but it is so gratifying to get a nice little jump start this first week. I have to say, with only a few very small incidents, the whole week has been kind of fun for me, trying new things and learning that I do like vegetables that I previously turned my nose up at.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #64  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Today was weigh-in for my first week. -9lbs! Yay! I've been reading these forums for a while now and this is where I got two things:

1- I found out about IP on here
2- The idea that I can actually do it.

Thanks everyone! - Courtney
Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 298/262/150

Way to go, clbott! My first weigh in also. 9 pounds is so great, I know if you are like me you feel so much better already. On to week two!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #66  

Height: 5'7

Hi all! I was just on Nashua and tried to buy my Health Wise Puffs.... GONE! Does anyone have the scoop as to where I can get them?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #67  
IP Start Date 8.15.13

S/C/G: 346/started IP @ 311/266/169

Height: 5'9"

Thanks mom2sparky! I'm looking forward to the journey. I have that excited/scared feeling and I have to say, it isn't all that bad!

And Congrats on 13.4!!!!

Last edited by clbott; 08-22-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:11 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Day three here and today was a good day. TOM started so don't know if my headaches and irritability are from that or IP but either way, not too bad. Making lettuce wraps for dinner tonight and loved my breakfast of a pancake made with the IP banana pudding!!! So far so good and love reading about everyone's experiences, it's very inspiring!!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Hi all, afternoon of day four here. I just ate a maple oatmeal that i didn't eat for lunch with my salad (lunch is a hard one for me, too much food!) It was awesome, I wish it wasn't restricted!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Congrats to all the losses and welcome newbies.

Wi for me today..... down 2 lbs. I'm happy with the loss, the light weight lifting seems to have bumped the scale for me and I am adding and xtra pack after the gym.

Question, I asked the coach today about when to move to phase 2.... she said not until goal weight? It seems I see people move to phase 2 before that, is it just personal choice or is this coach wrong? I've never seen this person before. She asked what I had eaten today and when I told her a chocolate spinach shake for breakfast and gasped and said "no veggies for breakfast"...... I told her I do it at least 3 times a week. She said too many carbs for the morning??? I think I will choose to not see her again.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:47 PM   #71  

i believe you are supposed to move to P2 once you have lost 80% on what you wish to lose ....

and unless she can give you 100% understanding on why no carbs in the am i would just keep doing what you are doing.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Art3mis that is what I plan on doing. When I have the spinach shake I do count it as part of my veggies for the day and have salad as part of my lunch instead of other veggies.

The 80% does sound familiar now that you say that, so not yet but not at my goal either. thank you
Old 08-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Well I was wrong about thinking we didnt have WF prodects in Anchorage, I found out one of our local health food stores carries everything! I bout $120 worth of IP, lol! I went way overboard! Ok the peanut butter is HORRIBLE!!!! I was soooo excited to buy all the flavors of it, ugh oh well. They also had a million flavors of the Sugar Free Davinci syrups! Sooo excited to get more of these! Excpet they really do have some nasty chemicals in them, hmmm.

I was up 3 lbs this morning, super bummed, no cheating at all either! My coworkers are starting to really comment on how small I look. Excpet one particluarly larger coworkers comment today was, "Wow hello miss anorexic! Why are you trying to look so skinny?"

Um Im not! That was pretty rude I thought, but oh well, Im happy to be smaller, but I think I actually need to go down another 10lbs before I go to phase 2. Its not going to be easy.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #74  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Hi all! I was just on Nashua and tried to buy my Health Wise Puffs.... GONE! Does anyone have the scoop as to where I can get them?
Are these what you get? looks like nashua changed the name?

http://www.familybariatric.com/store...Protein-Puffs/
http://www.healthwisenri.com/product...11&product=382
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...ffs-1-bag.html

Maybe?

Last edited by bimnd113; 08-22-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:35 PM   #75  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey all! Congrats to Aliboo on getting pregnant! and Welcome to the new folk!
Hello to everyone! It is nice to read up on everyone's progress and see such a great new profile and progress pics!
Thanks to Amt and Tallgirl - I am going on a business trip overseas and I have decided to phase off in preparation. Your info was much appreciated as I thought through this.
I just returned from a vacation and wow... it was way harder than anything else I have done on this diet. I am so pleased with the results of this diet, but I had such a difficult time over the last week. It was like night and day. I thought the convenience of the diet would out weigh my desire to eat poorly while traveling.... not the case. While I resisted all airport food except for salads, I have to say I have been so unsatisfied that I have practically stopped eating. It has been a very frustrating week and I am glad to be home.
As mentioned above, I think I will be phasing off as of Monday so that I can prepare for a September business trip - 9 days overseas. This last trip was draining, so I don't think I can even consider trying to stay on P1 for the next one. I love h you phrased it Lisa, "practicing maintenance". That is how I will try to think of this. It is scary to give up something that has worked so well.

Phew - My second biggest mistake was not checking in here. I think if I had, I would have been a little less focused on how unhappy I was with my diet, and how happy I am with the results.

You guys are really motivating - especially reading everyone else's progress and success. It makes it easier to think about being on this long term, which I was seriously doubting this week.
Closed Thread