Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
Check out the alternatives threads...plenty of options to either tide you over or allow you to go rogue...
I hadn't even considered this before. Now I'm all gungho to do this.

I'M SWITCHING TO ALTERNATIVES!!

I like the fact that I'll be able to order these and have it shipped to my home and not be completly dependant on my clinic having anything available. Granted, I have some research to do and have already begun going through the alternative thread. The lower cost is great too!! Plus, as stated before, I have about 5 coaches (I know none of their names) and I'm just ready to go on my own. Guess their delayed shipment has finally gotten to me and I am DONE!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #47  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi all. Super slammed at work and hungry, but staying OP. Hope all have a great day!
Sarita, i just looked at your ticker. What an amazing job you are doing on IP! I remember when you were anxiously awaiting Onederland! Isn't IP great! You look so good in your photos.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #48  

LOL i just wrote Ideal protein again and this time suggested they start online clinics or allow coaches to sell products online. hopefully they listen so some of can get the products we need/want
Old 08-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #49  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Heyyy all.

Well now that i am out of denial, I am nack OP - This is day one... Hoping for the best... Since most of the peeps that I had along my 1st hourney have most likely moved on... I would like to say Hello!!
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #50  

I have a question that I'm REALLY hoping someone can answer for me. I'm 108 lbs. I want to get down to 102. I'm short so this is reasonable. I started at 115. I'm vegetarian so my coach told me to eat 4-5 ozs of tofu as my protein with my dinners. After almost 4 weeks on this diet, I googled how much protein is in it and there's only like 10-11 grams! I'm seeing that the samount of chicken has over 30 grams of protein. I think my coach has no clue what she's doing and I cannot get a straight answer from her. If i'm having roughly 45 grams of protein a day from the IP foods, how many grams do I need at dinner? AND, she's telling me I only need HALF my body weight in grams of protein (which would be about 55 grams), but isn't the point of this diet that you eat MORE protein than the USDA suggests which is the "half your body weight"? I'm confused. I'm concerned that i'm at a health risk too if the diet calls for 5-8 ozs of chicken which is triple the amount of protein provided in the same amount of tofu. Anyone have a clue as to what/how much - I need/should eat at dinner for protein? My weight loss has stalled and I wonder if this is why. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10offplease View Post
I have a question that I'm REALLY hoping someone can answer for me. I'm 108 lbs. I want to get down to 102. I'm short so this is reasonable. I started at 115. I'm vegetarian so my coach told me to eat 4-5 ozs of tofu as my protein with my dinners. Thanks!
I too am a vegetarian, my coaches have said to eat half the package of tofu to get the amount of protein. A 14 oz pkg of tofu is usually 4 servings,
splitting the pkg in half gives you about 16 grams of protein.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:31 PM   #52  
sugar is the devil

Just made the crispy cereal pancake recipe and o.m.g. YUM!

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 08-21-2013 at 07:31 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #53  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I usually use Torani, but bought DaVinci last time we were out. Just as good. We like the hazelnut a lot.
Do the torani taste the same as the DV ones? i cant stand the splenda sweetner taste ..
Old 08-21-2013, 07:59 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Getting so close to my goal - YAY... Losses slowing quite a bit - not yay, but expected. I am now at my lowest weight in about 30 years. HURRAY for IP - and for ME!!!

When I started my journey at 218 lbs (after working down from a high of 250 a year and a half prior), I was so afraid I would not be a successful IPer, that the ONLY goal I would allow myself to think possible was to get to 199. Hadn't been in Onederland for almost 20 years!!

Then I picked 180, but before I knew it I was there and could actually SEE myself getting into the 160's!! Gasp!

I think this weekend when I do my weigh-in I will start the process of phasing off. I think that will give my body a break and allow for maintenance to coincide with a short Sept. vacation. I will also be CRAZY-BUSY with work and almost non-stop related work travel Sept and Oct. My plan is to maintain those months then I will cycle back P1-2-3 Nov/Dec. to drop a few more # before Christmas.

Crossing my fingers that I will cross into the 160s by the time I reach maintenance!

Can't wait for BOB!! (Big Ol'' Breakfast!)

Last edited by JLUS; 08-21-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:02 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Default Struggling

Ive been OP for 4 weeks now without cheating at all!!! This is the longest I have ever ever in my life been able to stick to a diet plan, Im really proud of myself. My complaint today is that suddenly despite not cheating I am STARVING!!! Im dizzy and light headed, Im eating the same, I drink a gallon of water a day, and I rarely ever eat the restrictives, I eat 3-4 packs a day and my veggies. I felt that I have been in ketosis the past few weeks but now Im not so sure if Im so hungry.

Has anyone experienced increased hunger when they were really close to their goal weight??? Ive heard sometimes after youve lost a bit your body has to get used to that new low weight.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #56  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello Everyone!!

Congrats to everyone on their loses and NSVs!

Weigh in #6 for me tomorrow. Hoping to achieve my first mini-goal.

A NSV for me today; I am now wearing capris that two weeks ago I couldn't get done up, and today when my husband got home from work he said "Why are you still wearing your saggy bum pants?" These pants went from not fitting to too big in a matter of weeks!! I refuse to buy more capris since it won't be warm enough to wear them for much longer, so I guess I will just have to keep being a "saggy bum" for now.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-21-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #57  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
You've got this! And I know the others are going to give you better advice, but don't worry. It gets better!! The first week-ish I was foggy and weird (never shaky though), but everyone will say have some salt-water (I mix mine in with MIO so I don't taste it), and take it easy on yourself. It's hard, but it will pass.

Personally, I'm waiting on the energy kick that's supposed to show up.
Try taking a b12 in the am - they are BOGO at CVS right now - and think positive and water water water - add lemon if ur oveerwhelmed with water
Old 08-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #58  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Do the torani taste the same as the DV ones? i cant stand the splenda sweetner taste ..
I know what you are saying about the splenda taste. I personally don't notice it in the sugar free syrups although they contain it. Maybe it's because I don't add a lot or it is covered by decaf coffee & a little protein shake. Haven't tried them in puddings, etc.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: Reboot 2014

Height: 5' 5"

Default Suggestions for a baseball game

Hi everyone and congrats to everyone for sticking with it.

Does anyone have advice for surviving a professional sporting event? I am going to a game this weekend with a pre-game package (nothing on the IP plan), followed by the game.

I checked the vendors at the park, and I think the only thing I could eat would be the ivy in center field.

Any suggestions for surviving without cheating?

My will power is strong, but the sun+beer+hot dogs & grilled onions may do me in!

Thanks,

Kelly
Old 08-21-2013, 08:51 PM   #60  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
A NSV for me today; I am now wearing capris that two weeks ago I couldn't get done up, and today when my husband got home from work he said "Why are you still wearing your saggy bum pants?" These pants went from not fitting to too big in a matter of weeks!! I refuse to buy more capris since it won't be warm enough to wear them for much longer, so I guess I will just have to keep being a "saggy bum" for now.
That's awesome! I put on a pair of capris last week and my son told me that my clothes all looked too big on me. I love that kid

So I made tuna wraps and more breadsticks for supper tonight but I don't know what I did to the tuna mix because it just didn't taste good. I only ate half of it so I'm having some hard boiled eggs to make up the difference. But the breadsticks were delicious

I'm going to try warming up the chocolate chip cookie a bit then sprinkling a bit of WF caramel sauce on it for a snack tonight - yum!

Jo
Closed Thread