Old 08-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #1  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Default Question about switching from IP products to Alternatives...

Hi Ladies,

I just got my first order from Nashua Nutrition the other day. I tried the Protidiet Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal today and it was great! Anyway, I have been going to my local Ideal Protein clinic here in town for the past two weeks. I go to do my 3rd weigh in this Thursday. I am wondering though- how do I get around not needing to buy any food? Do I straight out tell them I am buying online? Will they boot me out of the clinic?!

Ideally, I would like to use a combo of both IP and alternatives just for more variety and for some money savings as well. Are coaches generally ok with this? Or how do I approach this dilemma!?

In all reality I probably do not need to go to the clinic weekly- I could do this completely on my own...but since I am so "new" to the clinic in town I would like to continue going for a few weeks yet...

Advice or suggestions anyone??? Thanks!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

All clinics/coaches are different, but my personal experience was that once I started not buying my food from my coach, she kicked me out of her clinic. I was going to her for about 2 months when she told me that she couldn't coach me anymore since I wasn't buying my product from her. Too bad for her as I could have been one of her "success stories". Her loss.

If I'd only known about alternative products BEFORE giving her a huge chunk of change! Oh well, live and learn.

Best of luck with your clinic and coach. Hopefully they will have a different perspective.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Are you paying for the "coaching"? If so they would at least owe a refund. I know they make most/all of their profit on the food...it makes sense if you aren't buying their food then you don't deserve their coaching.

I have never been coached or paid for IP food...my name won't let me nor wil my budget. I can see how for some the coaching can be very beneficial from an accountability as well as a medical perspective.
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #4  

At my clinic you have to buy a weeks worth of food a every week. There is no cost for coaching, the cost is just the food.

If you don't want to use IP that's fine but I think most coaches will drop you.
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #5  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Well I did pay the 100.00 start up fee. Does that cover the "coaching" and weekly weigh in? Not really sure...it's not really specified when you join up, of course. They just assume that you will need to buy their food to stay on plan...which isn't really the case. Maybe that is why they have the start up fee in the first place? I mean IP clinics and coaches as a whole must know that people are able to get food cheaper online???
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:28 PM   #6  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

My coach never kept track of how much we bought so there were weeks I only bought 1 box of food and other weeks I bought nothing. I know some clinics will kick you out a few will continue to see you.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #7  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

My coach sells me whatever I need for the week , but doesnt force me to buy a set amount. I do understand that this is a business for them and in order to coach correctly, they must encourage IP product. McDonald's wouldn't want you eating a Burger King meal at their establishment.

I live to go for my weigh ins and weekly chat with my coach. It's accountability and motivation.

I wish all of you could have my coach!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Well I did pay the 100.00 start up fee. Does that cover the "coaching" and weekly weigh in? Not really sure...it's not really specified when you join up, of course. They just assume that you will need to buy their food to stay on plan...which isn't really the case. Maybe that is why they have the start up fee in the first place? I mean IP clinics and coaches as a whole must know that people are able to get food cheaper online???
Did you receive food with that start up fee or salt or the shaker? I think they know you can buy food online but to them you are NOT doing ideal protien. I have to buy 1 weeks worth of food every time and I use EAS carb shakes also. My coach chastises me every week for not being OP. now I disagree I think I am OP but to her and her business I am not.

Just don't be surprised if there is some push back from the clinic, good luck
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #9  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

My coach is really easy going. Come when you can buy what you can afford. He doesn't condone the use of alt. products but has said he understands if you need a week or two using alts because of money or whatever
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
My coach sells me whatever I need for the week , but doesnt force me to buy a set amount. I do understand that this is a business for them and in order to coach correctly, they must encourage IP product. McDonald's wouldn't want you eating a Burger King meal at their establishment.

I live to go for my weigh ins and weekly chat with my coach. It's accountability and motivation.

I wish all of you could have my coach!
which clinic are u at maxxy - lol if you are comfortable telling me - or pm me?

I sometimes wonder if I am at the right one - or maybe it takes time to bond lol
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote