Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 03:56 PM   #61  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Good Afternoon everyone!

I have been sick since Saturday morning...and it's really taking a toll on me! It is not easy to look after a 2 year old when Momma's sicker than a dog!

Started out on Saturday with THE worst sore throat EVER...then progressed into a fever and chills through Sunday night. I haven't had a fever since I was a kid I swear...crazy! So I have been off work yesterday and today- so I have had lots of time to spend on the forum! Love reading about everyone's losses and kitchen mishaps! I love how we all go through such similar things on a daily basis!

I have been OP 100% through this illness. It's actually been ok because I don't feel like eating anyway! I am having trouble with veggies though. Its like I am so sick of them already and the thought of them even makes me want to gag sometimes. My salad at lunch today I could barely get down?! Weird. maybe it's the illness. I need to try some new recipes to start enjoying veggies again...anyone have a good one for like a marinated veggie salad??

Oh and I should add that I stepped on the scale this morning and I am at 215!! Whoooo 15lbs gone in just under 3 weeks!!

Last edited by jmanovich; 08-20-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Height: 5'4"

First big challenge for me is tonight and I am surprisingly not too nervous. We have a big work function at a restaurant and I managed to track down the special events menu and I should be able to work with it. I am committed to not cheating tonight. I know I can do this!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi all. 1.7 lost this week.....down to 155. HAPPY as heck to be under 170!
I'm so happy for you ....and 1.7 down with all the stress you are under atm is something to really be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning ya'll! Finally off today and hoping to relaxa bit. Got some laundry going. Need some tips on stool softener or laxative. Brands ideas? I'm not a tea drinker so the smooth move tea isn't for me. (Sorry for poo talk so early)
I know you said you didn't like smooth tea BUT if you can find "triple leaf tea super slimming" tea...its actually not bad tasting and man dose it help with the big C!...
http://www.chineseherbsdirect.com/pr...FUZyQgod7CAA5Q

there is a link jsut so you can see the box. I tried OTC senna and colace and it did very lil for me (tho the combo seems to work TOO well for many of my patients).

ps. hope you got your kitchen mess cleaned up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeva1 View Post
I just started week 2 on IP and I am feeling great. I can't really share this with anyone in my life right now but just doing this for 8 days, my feet don't hurt if I sit too long. That right there is my motivation to make this a lifestyle change and not just a diet.

Have a great day everyone.
You can share with me im glad you are feeling less pain...keep going!! we are all here for you if you need us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
An interesting article about sugar addiction (and the cravings it causes): 5 Clues You are Addicted to Sugar
very interesting read, thanks for sharing.i see your article and raise you one 90min youtube video.. lol when you have downtime of course....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
How do you know how much is fat lost? Is it a special scale?
yep some clinics have them some dont. As Sarita said who knows how accurate they are BUT i too love to look at the weekly data .

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Today I am having a Kale and Strawberry EAScarbcontrolblahblah shake. And it's weird! Maybe I didn't blend for long enough but I find myself having to chew
Unrelated: Does anyone know that website where there is a virtual model and you can adjust its weight? Anyone know what I'm talking about??
I used to do weekend juicing detoxes....for kale you can only use the leafy part in a drink, not the full stock or you will find yourself with chewy bits (unless you use a masticating juicer first then add it to your smoothie).

I searched for the exact same website/phone app for hours and came up empty handed..if you find something lmk !! good luck with the BBQ tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I'm honestly shocked to say that this mornings WI showed me down 1.4lbs! I'm officially in the 150's!! Yesterday getting back to 100% OP wasn't bad although I was pretty hungry by dinner time. But hungry is better than full and fat so there you go. I'm working on staying focused and getting as close to my goal as possible by Sept 21. I really want to at least be in the 140's by then!!
GRATS on being in the 150's! you should be so proud of yourself. And the words i have in bold are ones i will try and remember next time im feeling like im a lil hungry (usually its emotional hungrer and not true physical hunger..tho sometimes its hard to tell between the two).

So i'm just back from WI myself today...down 3.2 thank you very much !!!
And finally getting some coffee and my first pack into me YUM! HOT as HECK outside again.! I'm losing TONS OF HAIR again (I told this to my coach she tried to book me in to see her husband who runs some hormone clinic for 350 for the first visit and then 250 for every visit after, i was like hmm i will think about it. WTF does she not know how much IP costs lol)...i know VLCD and Low-carb diets can do that to us..but i worry its just my thyroid going insane again....so question to those who have been here longer, how long did you wait to get your level's rechecked?

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-20-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
My center has a scale (InBody) which measures lean mass v. fat. I am not sure how realistic it is or what not, but I do like to see it.
My clinic has a similar scale as well. According to the paper I get each visit, my healthy weight should be 132.2. We'll see how I feel/look when I get to that point, still a long way to go.

Last week my viseral fat? It went down one point, woot woot!! As far as the coach explained it, this is the fat around your organs and the more dangerous kind. Thankfully it wasn't that high to being with, but it's still nice that it's heading in the down direction
Old 08-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 177.8/155/150

Height: 5"10

Unhappy

Ugh first day back OP after my vacation. I had packed all my IP products but never touched them. Weighed myself this morning and was up 6 lbs eek
Old 08-20-2013, 04:15 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

I stepped on my scale this morning, and I was pleased to say that unofficially, am now half the woman I was when I started my journey . I still haven few days to go for my official WI, and yesterday was a sick day, so that throws things off a bit, but still, it was a nice feeling.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Congrats Breakofday71! What an accomplishmet!

When I went to buy Muscle Milk Lite (which I have used for 3 years), they said they are no longer making it. I am currently using EAS shakes.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:25 PM   #68  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I stepped on my scale this morning, and I was pleased to say that unofficially, am now half the woman I was when I started my journey . I still haven few days to go for my official WI, and yesterday was a sick day, so that throws things off a bit, but still, it was a nice feeling.
Congrats on your amazing accomplishment!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

I need someone to talk me down from the ledge. I've been absolutely 100% OP since starting 4 months ago.

(NO, this is NOT a cheat story.)

I had lunch at a restaurant today (a rare occurrence) and chose a plain salad. The dressing was supposed to be vinegar and oil, but after taking a big mouthful, I discovered it tasted sweet. I didn't take another bite, and asked the waitress if there was some kind of sugar in the dressing. She said yes. (Arghh!)

So, now I'm just wondering how much damage I may have done, and whether there is anything I can do to mitigate it, other than sticking to lower carb IP foods/veg for the rest of the day.

I was spazzing too hard to ask what kind of sugar it was (fruit juice, honey, etc.)

Thanks all!

Last edited by JenJen444; 08-20-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
When I went to buy Muscle Milk Lite (which I have used for 3 years), they said they are no longer making it. I am currently using EAS shakes.
Hmm..where do you buy yours?
It is still listed on the muscle milk website.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:38 PM   #71  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen444 View Post
So, now I'm just wondering how much damage I may have done, and whether there is anything I can do to mitigate it, other than sticking to lower carb IP foods/veg for the rest of the day.
Get off the ledge. You are fine. Just do what you are doing, watch your body for signs of being out ketosis, take extra care of yourself.

I got a salad today at restaurant here in SF that has an IP menu and I had eaten about 1/2 and realized some of the veggies were carrots. It wasn't a huge amount of carrot and its hard to explain how I missed it [it was a Vietnamese banana flower salad and stuff is all kind of mixed up] but I had a momentary freak out too. At the end of the day, it hasn't set me over the edge and I am not going to wake up weighing 215 again so I am just going to be more careful, elect lower carb IP foods and drink lots of water. Onwards and upwards!
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen444 View Post
I need someone to talk me down from the ledge. I've been absolutely 100% OP since starting 4 months ago.

(NO, this is NOT a cheat story.)

I had lunch at a restaurant today (a rare occurrence) and chose a plain salad. The dressing was supposed to be vinegar and oil, but after taking a big mouthful, I discovered it tasted sweet. I didn't take another bite, and asked the waitress if there was some kind of sugar in the dressing. She said yes. (Arghh!)

I was spazzing too hard to ask what kind of sugar it was (fruit juice, honey, etc.)

Thanks all!
FIRST, i need you to take a deep breath in and then out! AND AGAIN! lol...okay so...as you know we ingest a little bit of sugar everyday on IP...there is trace amounts naturally in all veggies (some have more hence they are restricted to 2X week) and some found in IP products....why am i telling you this..well mainly b/c i doubt you did any real dmg at all by taking one bite of this salad.....and there is nothing you can do "mitigate" the sugar intake either, well none i would suggest, its going to be okay. You've more than likely not done anything to affect your ketosis ....everything will continue as before...move along nothing to see here folks.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #73  

Quote:
Get off the ledge. You are fine. Just do what you are doing, watch your body for signs of being out ketosis, take extra care of yourself.

I got a salad today at restaurant here in SF that has an IP menu and I had eaten about 1/2 and realized some of the veggies were carrots. It wasn't a huge amount of carrot and its hard to explain how I missed it [it was a Vietnamese banana flower salad and stuff is all kind of mixed up] but I had a momentary freak out too. At the end of the day, it hasn't set me over the edge and I am not going to wake up weighing 215 again so I am just going to be more careful, elect lower carb IP foods and drink lots of water. Onwards and upwards!
Thanks for leaning your ladder on my ledge!
I'm sticking "no dressing, please" from now on.
It's just not worth the panic.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #74  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
FIRST, i need you to take a deep breath in and then out! AND AGAIN! lol...okay so...as you know we ingest a little bit of sugar everyday on IP...there is trace amounts naturally in all veggies (some have more hence they are restricted to 2X week) and some found in IP products....why am i telling you this..well mainly b/c i doubt you did any real dmg at all by taking one bite of this salad.....and there is nothing you can do "mitigate" the sugar intake either, well none i would suggest, its going to be okay. You've more than likely not done anything to affect your ketosis ....everything will continue as before...move along nothing to see here folks.
good answer!!! I agree with Art3mis, JenJen!!! And like Sarita says, 'You are fine!' Congratulations for your perseverence!

Last edited by Annik; 08-20-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
Thank you so much, Art3mis! I totally forgot that we do ingest some sugar in our vegetables. This also helps me feel better. I love this forum. I don't post often, but I've been reading every single post, every single day, since I started four months ago. Such an amazing community.

Last edited by JenJen444; 08-20-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Closed Thread