Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #46  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Might I ask which extract brands you all are using? The vanilla with peppermint has peaked my interest!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #47  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all. 1.7 lost this week. I was a little disappointed as the "fat-loss-to-go" number went up but I suspected it would after last week's crazy loss (water retention or loss or whatever, I am not sure). 13.8 more pounds of fat to lose, ideally, based upon my body comp. Total fat loss in the last two weeks was 5.5 pounds, which I will take, especially with no change in lean mass. I officially adjusted my 3FC goals down to 155. HAPPY as heck to be under 170!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #48  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Congrats! Great WI and fat loss!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Ok...who's bright idea was it to make the hole in the lid on the extract 4 times larger??

Shouldn't they have to put a warning label on it when they do that??

Has it been that long since I have baked anything??

My vanilla shake now has half a bottle of pepermint extract in it... sigh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Might I ask which extract brands you all are using? The vanilla with peppermint has peaked my interest!

This happened to me when I made the following recipe. They were super pepperminty but I liked it a little bit (only a little bit).

Frozen Vanilla Peppermints!
Vanilla drink mixed with 2oz water and some peppermint extract - drop spoonful on baking sheet and freeze! (Can use all sorts of combinations)
Old 08-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
I recieved 'free' samples from my order yesturday. I got the Proti-Thin Choc Drink (non restricted I think) and the Proti-Thin Choc Peanut Protein Bar..

I am thinkin this is restricted... here are the stats of the bar.. any help with restricted or non restricted would be great... (It seems to have a lot of carbs, so I am not sure I will be eating this...)

Serving Size: 1 Bar (42g) Servings Per Container: 7

Amount Per Serving
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 45

Total Fat 5g

Saturated Fat 2.5g

Trans. Fat 0g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 160mg

Potassium 135mg

Total Carbohydrate 16g

Dietary Fiber 3g

Protein 15g

Thanks in advance...
Hi! From what I've read (and thanks to Lisa for this), this bar would be restricted, as it's got a net carb count of 13 (16 - 3 fiber), but other than that, it's in line with what I've read to be the guidelines. Hope you enjoy, I got this with my last order, and DH really liked it!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #51  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Hi all. 1.7 lost this week. I was a little disappointed as the "fat-loss-to-go" number went up but I suspected it would after last week's crazy loss (water retention or loss or whatever, I am not sure). 13.8 more pounds of fat to lose, ideally, based upon my body comp. Total fat loss in the last two weeks was 5.5 pounds, which I will take, especially with no change in lean mass. I officially adjusted my 3FC goals down to 155. HAPPY as heck to be under 170!

How do you know how much is fat lost? Is it a special scale?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:48 PM   #52  

Good morning always a delight to wake up and start reading all of your positive posts. I am just starting to incorporate some lindora products into my program. I am feeling very positive and heading into week 2. Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
to those on IP with alternatives---- I just tried the "new great-tasting formulation" EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Chocolate Fudge shake, and I cant stand it!! The original formula was soooo good & my favorite part of my day!! I'm so sad! Anyone use another protein shake I could try? Maybe i'll find another brand that's comparable that tastes better. I'm so disappointed
I am a huge fan of Chocolate Muscle Milk LIGHT. HAS to be Light!

Morning all! Having an alright day today! Tomorrow the office is having a BBQ catered by a local caterer. I am crossing my fingers that they will have plain-ol burgers and some lettuce and veggies to wrap it in! Last night I went grocery shopping and they were OUT of spinach AND light muscle milk. Today I am having a Kale and Strawberry EAScarbcontrolblahblah shake. And it's weird! Maybe I didn't blend for long enough but I find myself having to chew
Unrelated: Does anyone know that website where there is a virtual model and you can adjust its weight? Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Sarita- Sorry about your slow loss week, BUT you're under 170!!! Welcome to the party! My weigh in is on Thursday, I was so excited for it because I thought I might have a good week... then TOM started yesterday!! UGH... We'll get 'em next week! I'm thinking of adjusting my goal up from 130. I think I'll be in phase 1 well into November at this rate if that's my goal! Question, did you do anything differently on week 9 and 10 to have that crazy awesome week?! I want to get out of my plateau
Old 08-20-2013, 03:14 PM   #54  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Ok...who's bright idea was it to make the hole in the lid on the extract 4 times larger??

Shouldn't they have to put a warning label on it when they do that??

Has it been that long since I have baked anything??

My vanilla shake now has half a bottle of pepermint extract in it... sigh...
So funny you said that....the exact same thing happened to me this morning when I added my almond flavour extract to my chocolate shake. I guess we wind up buying more that way! I love adding the extracts to shakes, pudding etc. It really makes them tolerable.

I also added the rum extract to a can of Xevia diet cola, the stuff with stevia. It tasted like a spiced rum and coke. It was my weekend treat.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #55  

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness - LittleStar, I just had the potato purée flatbread breadsticks for lunch and they were ah-mazing!!! I only have 1 packet left but I am definitely getting more! They would be so great at work with either soup or salad.

Just had to let you know you have totally made my day/week!!!

Jo
Old 08-20-2013, 03:33 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm honestly shocked to say that this mornings WI showed me down 1.4lbs! I'm officially in the 150's!! Yesterday getting back to 100% OP wasn't bad although I was pretty hungry by dinner time. But hungry is better than full and fat so there you go. I'm working on staying focused and getting as close to my goal as possible by Sept 21. I really want to at least be in the 140's by then!
I'm dying to put in another order to Nashua, EAS shakes are all well and good but when you're drinking them every day things get old.

So many kitchen mishaps today, hilarious!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #57  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Great blog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Good morning everyone,

I've been on this journey for a while now. And it does work!

I've been trying out recipes from this board, as well as from a few other websites. I thought it would be fun to try out different recipes and rate them? So I decided to start a blog. I'm also going to be talking about some of my favorite IP foods, and not favorite!! So I've only just started the blog with a few posts so far, but let me know what you think. If you have recipes you want me to try and review, let me know.

The link to the blog is below my signature.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfighter View Post
I made it! I found myself wandering around my kitchen and pantry at 1 am, just looking for something to munch on. I was awake enough to assess and determine that I was not actually hungry, so I talked myself into water with lemon and going back to bed!

I am really proud of this. I know that my chronic insomnia really affects my eating and weight. I have not generally been able to do things like this!

I read the first FAQ thread but haven't gotten through the second one yet...I have TERRIBLE dry mouth. I drink over a gallon of water a day, plus some with Mio, but it really is problematic. I can't tolerate gum, even if it is allowed. Anyone have other ideas to deal with this? I know it is at least partially a medication side effect but IP is exacerbating it a lot.

Thanks!
I feel you, I too am a chronic insomniac, with no "known" cause, been through sleep studies, woke up 100+ times per hour ( I think is what they said), but I don't have any apnea or other know cause. It is awful.

First day of PT and it HURT. lol. 3 week & 5 days since Rotator cuff surgery and talk about not sleeping well. lol. Doing well ( except sleep) Keep up the good work IPeeps!
Old 08-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
How do you know how much is fat lost? Is it a special scale?
My center has a scale (InBody) which measures lean mass v. fat. I am not sure how realistic it is or what not, but I do like to see it.
Old 08-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #60  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Another 3.6lbs gone today! Knocking on the door of Onederland!
Closed Thread