Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

BTW...looking for a bar that will hold up in my purse/handbag. All that I have tried end up getting squooshed and smashed. Oh, I still eat it, but get strange looks when I am sucking the chocolate off the wrapper. Any suggestions?

I am using nonIP sources from Nashua...

Last edited by Prairie Chicken; 08-20-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/148/150

Height: 5'6

Good morning! I'm a long time lurker and I've been on the plan now for almost 3 months (and 40lbs!). This will be my first post, but I've been reading daily! Thanks for all the support and knowledge. Its nice to know I'm not alone.
Anyway, this morning I came across a pretty good deal for alternative bars in the Toronto area. I know its a bit harder to find alternatives in Canada, so I thought I'd post. I'm using almost all IP products, but I've started incorporated alternatives for cost reasons.

The deal is 12 Simply Bars for 15 dollars. Pick up at various locations in TO. From what I've read, they make decent restricted items.

Here's my referral link: http://ethicaldeal.com/users/share/3...1/city:toronto

Its available through a groupon like site called EthicalDeal. It might be available in other cities,, but I haven't checked.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I was too busy yesterday to report all my good news! So here it is...

I had my first WI yesterday - down 5.6 lbs and 4.5" (I think that's how many inches she said - I was too busy focusing on the pounds). Whoo hoo - I can officially say I didn't gain any weight from the cruise I was just on (been home 11 days now).

I also went to a crab/rib shack with some friends last night. My first night out! Guess what I got... A large salad (came with only cucumber and tomatoes as toppings), no dressing but I asked for lemon wedges. My friends ordered this huge meat/seafood platter. I am NOT a seafood person but I have been trying to eat fish and try other meats to broaden my palate. Well, I decided to try snow crab off of their plate (since its steamed and all the evil sauces were on the side - felt it was a very safe meat choice there since all the steaks/chicken had rubs and marinades). Well, I LIKED it! A lot, so much that I had 3 crab legs and put it on top of my salad and sprinkled more lemon it. I thought I hated crab (it's been awhile since I've tried some). Didn't taste "seafoody" at all - friend said that's how you know its fresh/good. The cracking and digging of the legs is a lot of work for so little meat tho. I also got a plain black tea while they had sangrias/dessert.

SOOOO 100% OP for me! Thought I'd never see the day that I was actually committed to a diet. Yesterday was that day
Way to go! Both with the cruise and the night out!

I am also trying to broaden my palate with fish - I have some tilapia in the freezer - just need to get up the courage to cook it lol - I imagine it will be when I run out of chicken and steak...
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good morning all!!

Congrats to everyone on their losses!! Awesome Jobs!!

I'm on plan and staying that way. After some pretty deep self-reflection yesterday, I've put it back to the fore-front that I definately soothe myself with food. I'm trying to learn to let that go, and just take it one day at a time. I'm also embracing the phrase "A failure to plan is a plan for failure." So, I'm coming up with a better plan for food planning. Both for me, and for the darling man. And keeping up with this forum, it's a real help, you guys are awesome!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #20  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

I just love all the energy/drive to get something done. Went to bed at 10pm and was up at 4:30am. Organized the pantry and moved to my closet. Lots of clothes to donate. Only bad thing is breakfast is so early, might have to add a boiled egg/snack to make it to lunch and finding things to do that are quiet...don't want to wake everyone in the house.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #21  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

to those on IP with alternatives---- I just tried the "new great-tasting formulation" EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Chocolate Fudge shake, and I cant stand it!! The original formula was soooo good & my favorite part of my day!! I'm so sad! Anyone use another protein shake I could try? Maybe i'll find another brand that's comparable that tastes better. I'm so disappointed
Old 08-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #22  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Good morning all!!

Congrats to everyone on their losses!! Awesome Jobs!!

I'm on plan and staying that way. After some pretty deep self-reflection yesterday, I've put it back to the fore-front that I definately soothe myself with food. I'm trying to learn to let that go, and just take it one day at a time. I'm also embracing the phrase "A failure to plan is a plan for failure." So, I'm coming up with a better plan for food planning. Both for me, and for the darling man. And keeping up with this forum, it's a real help, you guys are awesome!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Congratulations and great post! 'A failure to plan is a plan for failure.' -- I am writing this down!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 210/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
I was too busy yesterday to report all my good news! So here it is...

I had my first WI yesterday - down 5.6 lbs and 4.5" (I think that's how many inches she said - I was too busy focusing on the pounds). Whoo hoo - I can officially say I didn't gain any weight from the cruise I was just on (been home 11 days now).

I also went to a crab/rib shack with some friends last night. My first night out! Guess what I got... A large salad (came with only cucumber and tomatoes as toppings), no dressing but I asked for lemon wedges. My friends ordered this huge meat/seafood platter. I am NOT a seafood person but I have been trying to eat fish and try other meats to broaden my palate. Well, I decided to try snow crab off of their plate (since its steamed and all the evil sauces were on the side - felt it was a very safe meat choice there since all the steaks/chicken had rubs and marinades). Well, I LIKED it! A lot, so much that I had 3 crab legs and put it on top of my salad and sprinkled more lemon it. I thought I hated crab (it's been awhile since I've tried some). Didn't taste "seafoody" at all - friend said that's how you know its fresh/good. The cracking and digging of the legs is a lot of work for so little meat tho. I also got a plain black tea while they had sangrias/dessert.

SOOOO 100% OP for me! Thought I'd never see the day that I was actually committed to a diet. Yesterday was that day

Sweet that is awesome! Its great to see what your first WI was like. You and I have really similar stats (weight and height) and I just started yesterday so next Monday is my weigh in. I hope its as good as yours!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #24  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post
BTW...looking for a bar that will hold up in my purse/handbag. All that I have tried end up getting squooshed and smashed. Oh, I still eat it, but get strange looks when I am sucking the chocolate off the wrapper. Any suggestions?

I keep my bars in a case I got at Target in the travel section. I think it is supposed to be for sunglasses or reading glasses, it works perfect, I can put a bar or a strawberry wafer in there, no mooshing or smashing.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:56 AM   #25  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

First WI on my reboot...down 3.5 lbs!!!
I didn't expect to lose so much since I've heard it doesn't work so well the second time around but I lost the couple of lbs I put on during maintenance plus one more!
Lowest weight yet!
I like to do mini-mini goals so my next will be to see 155 on the scale!

Having been on "maintenance" for several months, I have come to the conclusion that low carb is the best and healthiest way to maintain. I did not phase off using the IP protocol. I did research on low carb and Paleo style eating and I simply started eating that way. I incorporated almond and coconut flour into my diet as well as fats...butter, coconut oil and such.

So having succeeded in maintaining in this manner, I know how to make conscious decisions about eating "off protocol" foods. I will not tell you that I never eat those foods...but I certainly don't call it cheating. I don't discuss these things on here because I know how sensitive folks are about their diet and I have seen people take things personally.

I firmly believe that staying 100% OP is important in the initial stages of the plan but if you must eat off plan...don't eat the carbs! They are the root of all evil!!!

Just my $2.31 (my two cents plus inflation)

Last edited by mrskuby; 08-20-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #26  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Morning ya'll! Finally off today and hoping to relaxa bit. Got some laundry going. Need some tips on stool softener or laxative. Brands ideas? I'm not a tea drinker so the smooth move tea isn't for me. (Sorry for poo talk so early)
Old 08-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Morning ya'll! Finally off today and hoping to relaxa bit. Got some laundry going. Need some tips on stool softener or laxative. Brands ideas? I'm not a tea drinker so the smooth move tea isn't for me. (Sorry for poo talk so early)
That smooth move tea is nasty tasting!!
Does your clinic have the floralax? One of those a day works well for me!
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #28  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
i'm a colace believer.
Old 08-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #29  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post

get it girl
Old 08-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsbob27 View Post
I started week 4 yesterday. Im feeling a little discouraged because Im doing this with my husband, and he is already down 20 lbs and Im barely down 13. And the funny thing is I have more to lose than he does. I started out at 219 on July 29th, so I guess a completed month wont be till August 29th. Sometimes I just wish he wasn't on the diet so I wasn't constantly comparing myself to him. After two weeks on the program I was only down 7 lbs at the WI and he was down 16. grrr. I just have to stay positive on my success cause Im down inches too right?
Um...13 lbs in 3 weeks = 4.3 lbs/ week average.
Time for an attitude adjustment!
"Only" is a four-letter-word on this forum when used to describe weight loss. We celebrate every weight loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Chicken View Post

QUEST BARS!
They are best (softest) if you order straight from them.
You can try a variety for the box price with the coupon code mixbar. Also there is usually a free shipping code floating around. Try hero
Closed Thread