IP Daily Chat Monday 8/19/2013

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: Re: discussing cheating on the daily thread: I am glad this has come up. I want to support others in staying on plan. What irks me the most is the way cheaters discuss it. Say you cheated, own it, let others help you try to avoid it ....but lately everyone has to give us the particulars! (I've been guilty of this - once ). I don't want to hear about your pizza or ice cream or beer or wine! I miss it...but I'll probably never have it again if I want to stay at a healthy weight. We need to focus on what we should eat, not what we shouldn't.
    !
    That was exactly my point, im okay with ppl comign to look for advice, support whatever they need, just limit the information about the actual food

Quote: I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the all the thoughts on the cheating vs slips.

I had serious been thinking about my beach trip in a few weeks and was giving myself permission to go off plan. After reading everything I've defiantly changed my mind and am going to stay ON PLAN. I've realized a few drinks isn't worth the work it will take to get back on track!

Hope ya'll had a great day!
    im proud of you!! you've got your mind in the game now ..you can and will win this battle.
  • Quote: I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the all the thoughts on the cheating vs slips.

I had serious been thinking about my beach trip in a few weeks and was giving myself permission to go off plan. After reading everything I've defiantly changed my mind and am going to stay ON PLAN. I've realized a few drinks isn't worth the work it will take to get back on track!

Hope ya'll had a great day!
    Cheating is a slippery slope - and one I haven't indulged in during my 38 weeks of being on program. For me I know that one cheat can be a landslide and you're right...those drinks aren't worth it. We're talking about your word to yourself to meet your goal, lose weight and keep it off, and changing your life through this journey. You'll be so happy that when you come back from vacation knowing that you stayed on program, didn't let food/drinks control your happiness during a vacation, AND lost weight. No need for you to "get back on track" after coming back from vacation. You'll love the feeling!
  • Quote: That was exactly my point, im okay with ppl comign to look for advice, support whatever they need, just limit the information about the actual food
    I want to hit the "like" button, but there isn't one!
  • Well, I am most of the way through day 3! I feel pretty good, though I think I am having continued Diet Pepsi withdrawals. I am enjoying most of the food, especially being able to eat hot peppers as a vegetable!
  • You know, other than eating the extra bars, I haven't had a sip, lick or taste of anything not on the plan. And that is 100% better than I did last time. I've had birthday parties, get togethers, dinners with friends, and I do all the cooking and grocery shopping for my family with 3 kids 6 and under.
    I'm getting that under control too. I think that perhaps for a lot of us, we've spent so long hating our own bodies and not feeling like we deserve the things we want that it's easy to derail ourselves. Even now, I focus on the rolls and pudge that I hate and hardly even see how far I've come. I've gone from a 16 pant to a 10, xl dresses and tops to a medium or even small. And I still look in the mirror and hate what I see. It's hard. It's hard to believe that I deserve to have a body I like. That I think is what is holding me back. That and the fear of the unknown. I'm the size I was when I was 16. I don't remember being smaller than this. It will be an all new experience.
  • Hey Everyone!! I was a way on a holiday and a concert. I am so jazzed, I am down another 3.4. However in a two week period. I am so happy that I stuck to protocol. Everyone was eating and drinking and I just kept thinking I can do this. It was really tough at times especially since I have always caved before. Not this time. I won this one!!! I have missed all the posts and have not read any posts in a week. My plan for tomorrow is catching up. Thanks for being here and it's wonderful having someone else going through this as well
  • Quote: You know, other than eating the extra bars, I haven't had a sip, lick or taste of anything not on the plan. And that is 100% better than I did last time. I've had birthday parties, get togethers, dinners with friends, and I do all the cooking and grocery shopping for my family with 3 kids 6 and under.
    I'm getting that under control too. I think that perhaps for a lot of us, we've spent so long hating our own bodies and not feeling like we deserve the things we want that it's easy to derail ourselves. Even now, I focus on the rolls and pudge that I hate and hardly even see how far I've come. I've gone from a 16 pant to a 10, xl dresses and tops to a medium or even small. And I still look in the mirror and hate what I see. It's hard. It's hard to believe that I deserve to have a body I like. That I think is what is holding me back. That and the fear of the unknown. I'm the size I was when I was 16. I don't remember being smaller than this. It will be an all new experience.
    yup you've done amazing.!!! your pictures are inspiring and you look beautiful in them. Stop hating yourself...you've done wonderful even with the extra packet...you're going to get to goal soon ...you need to really start loving yourself and look after yourself like you do everyone else around you.
  • Quote: Hey Everyone!! I was a way on a holiday and a concert. I am so jazzed, I am down another 3.4. However in a two week period. I am so happy that I stuck to protocol. Everyone was eating and drinking and I just kept thinking I can do this. It was really tough at times especially since I have always caved before. Not this time. I won this one!!! I have missed all the posts and have not read any posts in a week. My plan for tomorrow is catching up. Thanks for being here and it's wonderful having someone else going through this as well
    WTG on the weight loss!
  • Amberjules: nice to hear from you. Congrats!
    Quote: . I talked to my coach (the coach available) and asked what happens if no protein is available for the day and she suggested eating 2 packets of non-restricted to equal my 8oz. So basically, I'm looking at possibly eating 5 packets only for 3-4 days (1 packet breakfast, 1 lunch, 1 snack and 2 supper). I'm a little worried to say the least lol, I'm hoping there will be a subway around but doing all those packets for a few days, no biggy, but I just don't want to mess up somehow.
    This is a common suggestion. Do it if you need to, but only in an emergency. I like the tuna suggestion, too!

Quote: Hmm, how curious. My box of IP potato puree says its contains soy. Since you avoid soy but love the puree, I'm wondering if perhaps for regulatory reasons some Canadian IP products differ slightly from US versions, even though they're made by the same manufacturer in the same facility.
    It doesn't contain soy protein, which is what I restrict. To avoid all soy, you'd practically have to cook everything from scratch (soy lecithin is a big additive)

Quote: . What irks me the most is the way cheaters discuss it. Say you cheated, own it, let others help you try to avoid it ....but lately everyone has to give us the particulars! (I've been guilty of this - once ). I don't want to hear about your pizza or ice cream or beer or wine! I miss it...but I'll probably never have it again if I want to stay at a healthy weight. We need to focus on what we should eat, not what we shouldn't.

Also, I'll admit my guilt re: exercise. It's not OP, but I do it anyway. I won't mention it again on the daily thread!
    My pet peeve is the glorifying of the food -ugh. Enough already!

And you certainly CAN exercise on IP. It is suggested you wait 3-5 weeks, until you are solidly in Ketosis and no longer feeling ill effects. Exercise should be mild-moderate intensity. An extra packet is in order after the exercise. Talk away!

Quote: I just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the all the thoughts on the cheating vs slips.

I'm so glad! Yup, it is a bit hard but it is as hard as we make it. I've been on 4 vacations, numerous weekends-away, and to festivals, BBQs, parties, weddings, tailgates, etc and remained OP. I'm telling you, if I (queen of cheats/starting-restarting) can do this ANYONE can.

My friends keep asking me when I'm having a drink (adult bev). Now that I planning for it, I'm telling them, Halloween! This is not a planned cheat. This is a phase off. If I'm at goal then, I'll be in maintenance. If I'm not, I'll maintain til January & restart for however few lbs I have to go. I also may get to goal and STILL decide to lose 10 more starting in January. I need the phase off for several reasons, including physical & mental diet fatigue and thyroid health.

Quote: That was exactly my point, im okay with ppl comign to look for advice, support whatever they need, just limit the information about the actual food
    YES! This.
  • Cheating....So today I started back and when at the store I bought the kids some cookies to have after school (1st day back!!). NO ONE was in the house but me, with an OPEN pack of cookies.

I picked one up, smelled it and put it back. For 30 min before this I planned in my head to eat one when no one else was around. I remember going through this when I first started IP back in November.

When I picked up the cookie to smell it I KNEW I would not eat it. That is how I USED to be. Sneaking food (usually more cookies than I needed etc).... I did NOT want to start down that slippery slope. But I realized I did this before I can do it again without cheating.

It's not worth it to me. So I will go back to what I did in November, smell the food, but won't eat *or lick* the food. I will make jokes when it gets hard like I did last time. Even though I have been off plan for 3 months it's NOT worth it to cheat to me.

But with that said, to each their own. But if you aren't losing weight like you want it's becuase you are doing it to yourself. I have a close friend who started to cheat a little here and a little there... and then went off plan for a couple months then tried to get back on... it didn't work for her.
  • I have been reading this thread everyday since I started IP. I do not comment very often but I am here every day. I am so glad the cheating conversation has been brought up. I do not mind and honestly I want to hear when one of us is struggling to stay OP. I want to help and lend my support, what bothers me is the discussion of the food. The food that most of us still long for, the food that I need to "break up" with. Just my thoughts hope you all have a great OP night!
  • Congrats!
    Quote: First official WI was this am! I am happy to report I am down 10.3 lbs! I'm soo excited and am glad i didnt give up and even MORE glad for this website! omg I would have been done quit Thanks Lisa and all everyone else with the help, comments questions concerns ideas and CHEER about meeting your goals! ok im done .. Yay!
    Awesome good news!
  • Quote: Cheating....So today I started back and when at the store I bought the kids some cookies to have after school (1st day back!!). NO ONE was in the house but me, with an OPEN pack of cookies.

I picked one up, smelled it and put it back. For 30 min before this I planned in my head to eat one when no one else was around. I remember going through this when I first started IP back in November.

When I picked up the cookie to smell it I KNEW I would not eat it. That is how I USED to be. Sneaking food (usually more cookies than I needed etc).... I did NOT want to start down that slippery slope. But I realized I did this before I can do it again without cheating.

It's not worth it to me. So I will go back to what I did in November, smell the food, but won't eat *or lick* the food. I will make jokes when it gets hard like I did last time. Even though I have been off plan for 3 months it's NOT worth it to cheat to me.

But with that said, to each their own. But if you aren't losing weight like you want it's becuase you are doing it to yourself. I have a close friend who started to cheat a little here and a little there... and then went off plan for a couple months then tried to get back on... it didn't work for her.
    WTG ! You didn't need that cookie! You conquered it!

Eat to live, not live to eat anymore!
  • Quote: Cheating....So today I started back and when at the store I bought the kids some cookies to have after school (1st day back!!). NO ONE was in the house but me, with an OPEN pack of cookies.

happy for you... I am a huge bag sniffer... my daughter thinks I am weird.. but it helps.. i have had a hard time in the last couple months, but back on track! stay focused!!
  • Why do rutabaga fries feel like a cheat! They are sooooo yummy and soooo on plan! I'm a happy IP dieter with those fries for dinner!!! I was excited all day thinking about them.

If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend.