Old 08-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksarben View Post
I have been on ip since march. Total loss is 55 pounds. I notice though that after a great weigh in I do something stupid a sabotage by eating wrong or all my snacks. Anyone else!
I reread your post again and I do exactly what you do! The first time on IP I was 100% OP...during this reboot when I have a good weigh-in I feel like I've "earned" (or maybe that's not the right word) non-plan food! It is all mental...odd way of thinking... It's like a "free pass" to go off because the scale went down.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 194.4/188.3/134

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
You all realize how amazing you are right? It is a collection of strangers who wok toward a common goal. Blue jewel thank you for sharing your slip and congrats on being back. I am on day two after my Friday beer,pizza and ice cream day. You are inspiring me to be able to look towards tomorrow and report 100%.
Thank you Aksarben, good job on being back. The beer pizza ice cream...yeah that has been my life the last 4 or 5 months, no more, not for a while, I want to be able to just take my old skirts off the hangers and wear them again, that felt so amazing, I had not been able to do that for years....I will get that back, and knowing IP works for me, I know it won't be too long...whew! Thanks for sharing that I did not discourage you. I look forward to seeing your successes continue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
BlueJewel--I started to send you a personal message, but as I was just about to push send, I thought the best thing for me really was to post it here as you did (you will see what I mean in the copied/pasted message below).

Hi there--I just read your post on the self sabotage thread and when I saw the words "embarrassed" I thought this is ME (and I'm even too embarrassed to put these thoughts out there publicly on the thread)!

I have gained back 23 of my 32 lbs. lost (I maintained for about 18 months) and I have started and re-started many, many times over the past 4 months and even within the past two weeks.

I also related to your comment about being blind-sided with personal stuff--a major "trigger" in my weight gain, but I realize I also have to accept that it was my own emotional response (which was, and always is, turning to food and poor food choices) that truly caused the pounds to pack on.

I'm trying to remember how I did IP so successfully before, especially when socializing, which seems to be the most frequent obstacle that sets me off these days, and was reminded by someone who said she brought her own packets, or had an IP bar when others were having dessert, etc. I DID THAT BEFORE!

But this second time around, making my eating habits a focus causes more embarrassment for having failed in the first place--do you know what I mean? I would just like to avoid all social situations for about two months or until I am really in control again, but on the other hand--that's life and if this is to be a way of eating for life (which I know from experience that it can be), then social situations are part of life. And don't get me wrong, I am the ultimate social butterfly, but right now I want to wrap up in a cocoon! Of course, my timing (for cocooning) isn't too good since we've had one of the most lovely summers in recent memory. But I don't want to keep putting it off like the "Monday diet"--I'll commit "when summer is over," or then it will be "after the holidays" or after "the dog's birthday", etc. It's all just excuses!

So, if I know all of these things...then it's just getting past the embarrassment part, right?

Okay, I've put it out there.....I hope one step in the right direction.

Thanks for being open and honest and offering me the opportunity begin to do the same.
Wow, we do sound the same! I have thought all those same things and done them too!!! How was I so successful before, what can I do to gain it back? So I am trying to recreate my kitchen as it was. This week I am going through my cupboards and throwing out everything that should not be in there, I am so glad my comment was helpful to you.. Lets get passed the embarrassment and work towards a reason to be proud of ourselves...thank you for sharing your experience, it is good to know others are successfully overcoming the same weakness I have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hi BlueJewel - I remember that you were active here for much of the same time I was last year. Welcome back.
I did make my goal weight in March, but have had a bit of a slip in maintenance, and am rebooting to get rid of a few lbs that have crept back on. It is easy to lose control if one isn't mindful all the time. Thankfully I caught myself in time to stop the 'upward slide' from developing too far. For me, regular weighing and continuing to log my food/drink intake was key. It's an ongoing, constant process though. I'll never be able to throw caution to the wind and just eat/drink the way I used to. (Sigh) I don't mean to sound negative - I'm not really - just being realistic and truthful. Those of us who have been POW (previously overweight) have to remain vigilant and mindful of what we put in our mouths. We can have occasional splurges and fun days, etc. but can't afford to forget the overall basics of healthy maintenance eating. Anyway - again - welcome back. I predict that I'll be hanging out here for a long time! The support and understanding is invaluable to continued success, no matter what stage of the dieting process we've reached. Without participating daily here, I doubt very much that I would have stuck it out to reach my goal - or be back in a reboot now, working to at the very least stop further weight gain. I feel like I owe credit for a large amount of my dieting success last year to everyone here in the IP thread at 3FatChicks. Kudos to all of you!
Eve pet, I remember you too..congratulations on sticking with our plan, and overcoming the bumps along the way. I look forward to being back and being successful like you!
BLUEJEWEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #33  
Started IP March 2013

Smile What I did right

New England-yep that is exactly what it is, I have a good weigh in and I have a free pass...but nothing is really free. After my free fall,I am back on board. For one thing, I felt like I was hung over all night after eating all that crud. I didn't sleep very well and was just woozy.

One thing I did right was I got rid of all my clothes as I got smaller. I think I owned the same black suit in 24, 22,20,18, 16 and now have a 14 in the wings waiting. The lack of availability of any clothes that are bigger than I currently am, keeps me from really straying too far. After all I can't go to work naked!

It has been great to see the responses on this thread. I joined the website in March when I started but didn't utilize it at all. Now 5 months in, I can see that the support, great ideas and just area to talk openly will assist in the rest of the journey.

So far today has been good. I am making chicken parm for the family, but will just grill the breast of myself with my salad and garden produce. I do think I don't eat enough protein regularly so am going to focus on that this upcoming week. Typically I do a chocolate drink (pre made), a couple of orange drinks and a meal. (I hate the soups and almost all the other stuff unless it is the bars and the chips and those have lots of carbs and not enough protein.) I moved my weigh in for the week b/c trying to get down for next week's weigh in will keep my focused as well.

Best of wishes to all.
Aksarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #34  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
I have been on ip since march. Total loss is 55 pounds. I notice though that after a great weigh in I do something stupid a sabotage by eating wrong or all my snacks. Anyone else!
Caroline Myss has done some interesting work around the 'saboteur' part of our personality. Everyone has one. I am still learning how to deal with mine.

I wonder if has something to do with fear of success?
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #35  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
So-1) find non food ways to celebrate feeling and looking good.
2) Recognize that it is ok to stumble when you are learning a new dance.
3) remember lots of people seem to do this same thing
4) make a choice, live with it, and move on.

I think that is what the summary for the day it.
It is about taking responsibility for ourselves, isn't it.
Old 08-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #36  
Started IP May 17, 2013

I love this 65x65! Thank you!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:03 AM   #37  
Started IP March 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Caroline Myss has done some interesting work around the 'saboteur' part of our personality. Everyone has one. I am still learning how to deal with mine.

I wonder if has something to do with fear of success?
Interesting theory and think it could just always wondered why fear of weight loss. Am going to look at Myss work anyway
Old 08-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 221/209/130

I am on my first week of IP, my first WI won't be until tomorrow evening. Before I've even weighed in for the first time I'm worried about losing weight and gaining it back. My boyfriend thinks it's crazy that I haven't even registered any weight loss and I'm already concerned about gaining. I know I have a fear of failure, and my weight has been where I've always felt like a fail. I'm not sure this is where I should have posted it but I just needed to type it out!
ccm263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm263 View Post
I am on my first week of IP, my first WI won't be until tomorrow evening. Before I've even weighed in for the first time I'm worried about losing weight and gaining it back. My boyfriend thinks it's crazy that I haven't even registered any weight loss and I'm already concerned about gaining. I know I have a fear of failure, and my weight has been where I've always felt like a fail. I'm not sure this is where I should have posted it but I just needed to type it out!
I was worried about the exact same thing.
Get the weight off & know you'll need a plan for maintenance to keep it off.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #40  
Started IP March 2013

Wink

Quote:
The friends I have had so IP have done great
At keeping it off. Lets so this together step by step
We will lose first and maintain. This diet has a plan
For keeping it off and it will work.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Welcome! there are a few of us sask ppl on here

Take a deep breath and trust the program - if you follow it you will loose

Good luck on you WI tm!
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 221/209/130

Thank you for the replys. I think finding this site will be a big source of strength for me. I live in a very small community so being able to see people who have been/are successful on IP is really encouraging.
ccm263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeriloos View Post
I do it when im getting close to goal,i start to be happy with my looks and climbing and flat out quit. I cannot do that this time.
I have this problem as well...especially when really close!
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:47 PM   #44  
Started IP May 17, 2013

Quote:
Interesting theory and think it could just always wondered why fear of weight loss. Am going to look at Myss work anyway
I worked through Caroline Myss's Sacred Contracts with some friends. It is all about the archetypes (I think this comes from Jung ... the concept actually goes all the way back to Plato!) that live inside us and make up our personalities.

Everybody has a saboteur( how do we sabotage ourselves?) Everybody has a prostitute (how do we give our power away?). Everybody has some sort of child. I happen to have a teacher archetype and a few others, too.

There are about 70 archetypes in total with only a few of them being shared by everyone.

The theory also draws on concepts of the light and shadow sides of our personalities.

I'd like to spend more time learning about the concept ... and how to manage those archetypes inside me like the saboteur and the prostitute. They are there for a reason and I find rear their heads when my defences are down. It is then that seem to be managing me more than I am managing them!

Annik
Old 08-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #45  
Started IP May 17, 2013

ps I one time heard Caroline Myss speak in person. She is very interesting to listen to. But she can be very dogmatic and bossy! She herself admits to struggling with management of her 'diva/queen' archetype -- light side of that is leadership == shadow side is bossiness and arrogance.