Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #31  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Good morning you losers!

I had a whoosh overnight last night - 2.5 lbs! Not feeling brave enough about it to update my ticker, I'll wait to see that sweet (166.5!!) number a couple more times first. I switched back to only IP products yesterday, not sure if it's just a coincidence since so many of you fine people have great success on alternatives.

I know I asked about food dreams already but has anyone had a scale dream? I had a dream that I stepped on the scale and was at goal. Wow, what a great feeling. One of those dreams that I just wanted to stay in it! Lol! Then it got weird and I lost my dog and all the normal stressful dream stuff :P

Happy Friday everyone! Keep Calm and IP On
WTG on the whoosh! I know what you mean about updating the ticker. I waited a couple of days a few times before updating mine....not wanting to find out I was wrong! lol. Sorry alternatives aren't working for you. I find I have to do a lot of research and stick with items I am confident are OP. I just couldn't afford the IP products anymore and even if my losses had slowed down, I guess it would be an ok trade off. I expect losses to slow now that I am getting closer to my goal.

I went a long time without food dreams and have started having them again. I have also noticed that my ketosis symptoms that were pretty strong in the beginning, and then sort of disappeared, have returned. Wonder if I am burning fat at a higher rate again? If my body had to adjust and is now changing again? I definitely notice that my waist and tummy seem to be slimming again, and my legs. Wish my arms would get skinny. Got the old lady flappy underarm thing happening. ick! Will be doing some toning when I hit goal.

Have a great day and congrats again!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
WTG on the whoosh! I know what you mean about updating the ticker. I waited a couple of days a few times before updating mine....not wanting to find out I was wrong! lol. Sorry alternatives aren't working for you. I find I have to do a lot of research and stick with items I am confident are OP. I just couldn't afford the IP products anymore and even if my losses had slowed down, I guess it would be an ok trade off. I expect losses to slow now that I am getting closer to my goal.

I went a long time without food dreams and have started having them again. I have also noticed that my ketosis symptoms that were pretty strong in the beginning, and then sort of disappeared, have returned. Wonder if I am burning fat at a higher rate again? If my body had to adjust and is now changing again? I definitely notice that my waist and tummy seem to be slimming again, and my legs. Wish my arms would get skinny. Got the old lady flappy underarm thing happening. ick! Will be doing some toning when I hit goal.

Have a great day and congrats again!
Thank you! The weird thing is I use muscle milk light, which I know you use too and obviously you're doing great. I was having one with coffee for breakfast and one in my spinach smoothie at lunch. I love them! I think it may have been a coincedence but I'm not sure. That's weird about your ketosis symptoms, mine have also subsided quite a bit in the last few days! Maybe your body has kicked back into burn mode, that's great about your tummy and legs! I also am looking forward to toning my arms, they are a problem area for me as well.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Coloradogirl - Congrats on the big whosh!! Let me know if switching back to IP products works out better for you. I'm still debating the issue.
Thank you, I'm going to do all IP this week, and if I do great, I'll go back to using muscle milk the week after that to see if I have another bad week. Then we'll know!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Thank you, I'm going to do all IP this week, and if I do great, I'll go back to using muscle milk the week after that to see if I have another bad week. Then we'll know!
I use muscle milk sporadically. I have so many products now that i vary what i have a lot. This week i am using up my Protidiet chocolate shake each day for breakfast. Keeping a lot of variety helps me stay OP or I would get bored. I like the liquid concentrate drink packets as well, for lunch. I can't remember if they are protidiet or protithin. I get them from nashua nutrition. You just put in water and they are an easy way to get protein at lunch time, with a mixed greens salad. Those are super low cal too. Maybe switching things up a bit will help.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
I think it is a coincidence. I lost more on alternatives than on IP products, which I also think was coincidence. You are getting down in weight and it is normal to slow down weight loss. You may not lose one week, but then whoosh the next.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi all! What a busy day yesterday!
The room in the school where my office was moved had black mold in a closet so I packed up and moved again yesterday. My back hurts but social obligations kept me from going to PT. I'm definitely getting up to do some home PT in a few minutes!

From yesterday:

Veggies are either SELECT or OCCASIONAL. Radishes are select.
Do you have a P1 sheet? Links to protocol sheets are in the first post of this thread.

My coach charges more for individual packets than if you buy the box. BUT since packets aren't individually labeled, they are REALLY only supposed to sell by the box. Some break those US FDA rules.

I would spend my time figuring out how I was going to stay ON PLAN rather than worrying about what I'd be missing. Instead, think about the pounds you'll be losing! I planned well in advance for vacations and special occasions and still heartily enjoyed myself. These special times ARE NOT about the food and drink. They are about the people, the places, and the relationships. We get a whole new perspective when we are doing the thing that is best for us while enjoying life at the same time.

I'm living proof it can all be lived thru. Adult beverages are a BIG part of my social events, including vacations. If I cheated or took time off every time something came up, I wouldn't be down 95 lbs now. I have GOALS that are more important than any food or drink.

Check carb content for Kale. It is definitely NOT unlimited. Only lettuce is unlimited, not all greens. Think iceberg, romaine, Boston, leaf. If it isn't named "lettuce", it is a vegetable, rather than a unlimited. But a "lettuce soup" would work. So would using some of your veggie alottment.

The oatmeal also comes in a box of packets. Check also for an apple-cinnamon flavor. Different brands Nashua carries have Oatmeal. Some are restricted, ProtiDiet is unrestricted
Lisa, I love this response you gave nolasmurf, "I would spend my time figuring out how I was going to stay ON PLAN rather than worrying about what I'd be missing. Instead, think about the pounds you'll be losing! I planned well in advance for vacations and special occasions and still heartily enjoyed myself. These special times ARE NOT about the food and drink. They are about the people, the places, and the relationships. We get a whole new perspective when we are doing the thing that is best for us while enjoying life at the same time."

Its sooo totally true and this is the mindset we should be striving for. I feel like before this diet and finding this forum, my attitude was always, "How can I find an excuse to let loose and cheat?" I have ALWAYS convinced myself that social occassions (which can come up a lot) were times to let the diet go, well its not if you want to keep the weight off. I am sooooooo thankful I have come to this realization, its going to be a struggle, but Im willing to put in the effort.

Im into week 3 without a binge, this is huge for me!!!! Its also TOM and although I felt more hungry for a few days, I kept to my gallon a day of water and did some relaxation breathing and just moved on past the thoughts.

The foggy/dizziness has also disappeared! My mood feels so much more stable! I did an awesome weight training class 2 days ago and a good run, I never felt tired or dizzy....honestly I feel fine exercising on Phase 1, I think the low carb thing works better for my body!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:42 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hi all! What a busy day yesterday!
The room in the school where my office was moved had black mold in a closet so I packed up and moved again yesterday. My back hurts but social obligations kept me from going to PT. I'm definitely getting up to do some home PT in a few minutes!
GROSS! sorry to hear about that. Hope your back feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Morning to all!!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my terrible day yesteday. I'm back at it, and feeling amazing!! Hubby and I did a little weigh-in, and I found I was down 7lbs from Tuesday!!! Yay!!! I finally feel like I've had a good "First" week! So excited!!
GOOD WORK! 7lbs is amazing. keep up the great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
G I also got a $70 pair of jeans for $5 yesterday, one size down!! Was going to wait to lose a little more before I got some "in-between" clothes, but I couldn't pass that deal up, and it's nice to not look like I have a saggy bum!!
WHERE did you get a pair of jeans for 5 bucks?! that's great... I need 5 dollar anythings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning all! Feeling crappy this morning...not sure why. Maybe I am having a delayed carb flu on day 5? But I really wasn't eating carbs during my break so maybe it's just PMS. Either way, i feel tired and cranky right now. Hope it passes soon!

PMS might also explain the slight increase in weight this morning.

Hmmm...yup I'm blaming it all on PMS!

Have a good day everyone!
I felt crappy even after going into ketosis and being there for a few weeks sorry to report. Our bodies are strange machines, and sometimes do not respond like we want them to. It will get better... doesn't matter what it is carb flu vs PMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
week #9: down -34.5 inches. yay!
WOW thats AMAZING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Morning all!

I'm on Day 5 today. I just woke up and I dreamt about "almost" eating those small, sour candies like those Swedish berries. What's funny, in my dream I soooo wanted those candies and I was putting it in my mouth and remembered "I can't have this" and spat it out. What's even more funny, Swedish berries aren't even my 1st candy of choice. I hope these food dreams are just part of the nasty first week side effects
I have this kind of dream all the time...im always spitting out the food as well and hoping i didn't absorb enough of the carbs or sugars of whatever it was i had in my mouth lol

Quote:
Good morning you losers!

I had a whoosh overnight last night - 2.5 lbs! Not feeling brave enough about it to update my ticker, I'll wait to see that sweet (166.5!!) number a couple more times first.
You're going to be in maintenance before we know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
Good Morning everyone, I am so excited this is my first post. I have been on IP for two weeks and I just made the IP Chocolate drink mix with spinach and coffee that lisa32989 has posted. It was delicious and I want to say thanks to all who post; I have learned so much and I am obsessed with reading all the ideas and recipes.
Welcome and good luck.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #38  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Congrats to all those with SVs and NSVs. It looks as though I won't have a problem with the 25 by the first day of fall, so I'm adjusting my goal to Onederland by 9/21. Even though I am averaging over 3#/week I have slowed down so it's a good goal to keep me on the straight and narrow, after I make Rainbow's cheescakes with chocolate crusts tonight

Fedex truck has driven by twice and still no package from Nashua Nutrition. I know it's on the truck, melting by the minute!

Last edited by bimnd113; 08-16-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #39  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Hi and welcome to all the newbies, glad to have you all.

NSV story: Yesterday I went on a hike in the mountains. I have always loved hiking in the outdoors usually to high mountain lakes. I used to go weekly when I was younger and in better shape, but even at my heaviest (over 300 pounds) I still hit the trail once in awhile, just making sure it was a safe trail and then I would take my time. Anyway, as I grew, I outgrew my backpack. It got to the point that I could not even buckle the hip belt so I had to just let that part dangle at my sides.

Yesterday, I went on a hike into the mountains with 2 friends. I was so happy that I can now buckle the hip belt again and had several extra inches cinched up! It felt awesome to be on a trail again AND wearing my backpack properly! Today I feel so good. I am super energized and happy. And my legs can barely tell that I even did anything. Can't wait to go again!

Have a good day all. I will update my ticker next week, haven't had an official WI for the last couple.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:49 PM   #40  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Brelo!

That's fantastic!

Annik!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Last minute before I head out of work. Just hoping all have a great OP weekend!! Heading home for a little quiet time while the Hubby is out with friends. Did someone say "spa night?"

Have a great weekend!!
Old 08-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #42  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Hello IPeeps!

Had my weekly weigh-in this morning -- SV: lost 3 lbs. NSV: I can now see my rib cage again! OK, only when I suck in my breath -- but still! I haven't seen it in like forever. Good to know it's still there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkel244 View Post
Hi everyone, I would like to introduce myself. I am Kelly, I was in TFC last year calorie counting. I lost 30 but gained 25 of it back (I was always freaking hungry!). I am starting IP on Monday- I have my starter kit and my first weigh in tomorrow! I am very excited but scared at the same time. I am a hard core foodie and the thought of the packets scares me a lot. A friend of mine is on it and he has lost 40lbs since June and looks awesome so I am motivated to get on it! I just got married in July (sad I did not do it before my wedding) but I really can't wait to be thin, comfortable, and able to walk up stairs without being out of breath!
Hi Kelly! I'm a foodie too, but the IP food is really pretty good, with a wide variety of products, AND -- even better -- IP has got me eating and enjoying vegetables again. I know what you mean, the other times I have tried to diet I was always freaking hungry, too. It is a HUGE advantage to this diet that you are not hungry because you are in ketosis and burning your fat for energy. You really don't feel deprived when you are not starving! -- and it makes it SO much easier to say No to the foods that you cannot have on this diet.

Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get information, support and advice. Welcome to IP, you will do great!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default Happy Friday!

Hi,
I am new here, but wanted to say Hi. I had my first WI today and was down 10.8 pounds and 10.5 inches lost! OMG!!! My coach was thrilled, and she told me I was more fit than a lot of her other dieters, which explains why I dropped so much. Hmm, not bad for a planned 60 pound loss goal!

Funny moment of my day I wanted to share... I was at the grocery store after my weigh in to buy veggies (of course) and I bumped carts with a guy. He apologized and gave me the biggest toothless gron, and proceeded to put a bag of pretzels in his cart! Still wondering how he was going to eat them!

Cheers!

Wendy in Maryland
Old 08-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #44  
sugar is the devil

I had chocolate pancake for breakfast this morning. I'm sitting here thinking how I'm looking forward to the Dill Pickle Zippers for my snack tonight on my 1st night shift (out of 6 in a row - ugh) but then I remember that both are restricted. Guess I need to figure out another snack now... bah, I so wanted those too. But good thing I remembered! Zippers for tomorrow night I suppose!

@MidgieMoon - he's probably just going to suck all the salt off! mmm

Last edited by SweetScrumptious; 08-16-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #45  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post

WHERE did you get a pair of jeans for 5 bucks?! that's great... I need 5 dollar anythings
There's a store called Rickis, I'm not sure if its only in Canada but they had a huge clearance event, and everything was 50% off the lowest price! The jeans were down to $9.99 so I got them for $4.99! I was hoping they had one size smaller as well that I could get for later on, but they didn't.
Closed Thread