Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 05:55 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 8/13/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #2  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Day one went pretty well - I was impressed with myself. Went to walmart to buy more shakes - I bought the Atkins cafe caramel shake and muscle milk strawberries and cream .. Both surprisingly Delicious! I had grilled chicken with asparagus and broccoli and cauliflower yest. still have yet to take my before pictures. Cheers to day two. Good luck to everyone else ... going to go find a lunch idea
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Day one went pretty well - I was impressed with myself. Went to walmart to buy more shakes - I bought the Atkins cafe caramel shake and muscle milk strawberries and cream .. Both surprisingly Delicious! I had grilled chicken with asparagus and broccoli and cauliflower yest. still have yet to take my before pictures. Cheers to day two. Good luck to everyone else ... going to go find a lunch idea
Great job! Make sure you're getting the Muscle Milk Light. I love the chocolate peanut butter in powder. 8 oz of water and one scoop with a couple of ice cubes and yummy!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #4  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Happy Tuesday everyone! I just finished my Oatmeal/Zucchini muffins and a cup of coffee. Way to start the day. DH loves these muffins too! So happy I found the recipe.

Had a food dream last night, and that hasn't happened for a while. Dreamed I was eating Triscuit crackers the size of dinner plates and kept shoving them in my mouth! I was so unhappy that I cheated. I don't even like Triscuit crackers! I woke up and it took a while before I realized I really hadn't eaten them. Too funny and weird.

Caressme: you will want to check the labels on the Muscle Milk. As I recall, the chocolate RTD's are about 37% calories from fat. I think the Strawberry n Creme is even higher in fat. The Muscle Milk Light is IP compliant as an alternative though. I checked the Atkins shake and I think it was 50% fat calories. There are some other Cafe Caramel RTD's...I think EAS has one that is good. You want to be 30% or less calories from fat for your altrnatives. Try to keep the unrestricteds under 160 calories and up to 8 grams net carbs. For restricteds you can go up to 200 calories and 9 - 17 grams net carbs, but I try to keep my calories and carbs on the low end. Nashua Nutrition has some great products and you should check out the alternative threads for more ideas.

Good luck on day 2!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #5  

Quote:
Be careful of Atkins products. They are usually much higher fat than IP products.
EAS carb control are a better choice and there are TONS of other suggestions on the Alternative thread. I don't use the RTD products due to soy content but this should help you find IP appropriate products:

In a nutshell, this is what you are looking for
- under 160 calories (unrestricted but better if 80-120)
- under 200 calories (restricted)
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply calories from fat by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs - unrestricted (NET =total carbs minus fiber)
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #6  
Started IP 8/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Great job! Make sure you're getting the Muscle Milk Light. I love the chocolate peanut butter in powder. 8 oz of water and one scoop with a couple of ice cubes and yummy!
Wait .. I dont think I got the light one .. :ugly cry face: lol ..
Old 08-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Had a food dream last night, and that hasn't happened for a while. Dreamed I was eating Triscuit crackers the size of dinner plates and kept shoving them in my mouth! I was so unhappy that I cheated. I don't even like Triscuit crackers! I woke up and it took a while before I realized I really hadn't eaten them. Too funny and weird. !
HAHA!!! Today is my day 4 and last night I had a dream that I cheated by eating frozen yogurt....I mean, if I'm gonna cheat, it sure as **** isn't going to be with FroYo!!!

Last edited by Aydubs; 08-13-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #8  

Default zucchini/packet muffin recipe

I know I posted the zucchini muffin recipe on a recipe thread (maybe #3?) but since it has come up, here ya go:

1 IP packet (or alt). you can use potato puree, oatmeal (protithin has unrestricted), or puddings such as banana, lemon, or chocolate.

1-2 egg whites (I use 1)
.5 tsp baking powder

1 c shredded zucchini, either sauteed or microwaved for 5 minutes. It reduces and you'll have to drain it (and cool it so it doesn't cook the egg whites)

Seasonings as preferred (depending on flavor. Vanilla is good in oatmeal, so is pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon. Garlic & pepper is good in potato rolls. A few poppy seeds add a nice boost to lemon)

Spray nonstick muffin tin. Do not use papers. Protein STICKS!
Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes. Watch them carefully. Every oven is different. Mine is different depending WHERE in the oven!

1 packet makes 3 muffins for me.

I usually make a dozen (4 servings) at once

This recipe can omit the zucchini. The texture is very different.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #9  
Started IP 8/12/13

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Be careful of Atkins products. They are usually much higher fat than IP products.
EAS carb control are a better choice and there are TONS of other suggestions on the Alternative thread. I don't use the RTD products due to soy content but this should help you find IP appropriate products:

In a nutshell, this is what you are looking for
- under 160 calories (unrestricted but better if 80-120)
- under 200 calories (restricted)
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply calories from fat by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs - unrestricted (NET =total carbs minus fiber)
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein
Thank you soo much - just when I think i have it down I mess something up but I'm not giving up this time like i do everything else - Im determined!! Still a little confused with restricted vs unrestricted .. more research and reading ..
Old 08-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #10  

caressme: You have the IP protocol sheet right?
3 packets/day, one of which can be restricted (the higher cals/carbs items)

Protocol sheets are here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html

There are TONS of links with info posted on the first post everyday of this daily thread.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thank you soo much - just when I think i have it down I mess something up but I'm not giving up this time like i do everything else - Im determined!! Still a little confused with restricted vs unrestricted .. more research and reading ..
Don't worry you'll get it. The formula Lisa shared is key. The EAS Carb Control shakes come in a caramel that is great and they fit the program. They have soy in them and I am allergic so even though I REALLY tried lol I couldn't tolerate them. Check out the Muscle Milk Light powders. I bought a little 8 oz shaker bottle and one scoop tastes great. 2 scoops is too high in calories. It mixes up well and you can mix it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge. Just give it a quick shake before you drink it. It's very cost effective as well.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #12  
Started IP 8/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
caressme: You have the IP protocol sheet right?
3 packets/day, one of which can be restricted (the higher cals/carbs items)

Protocol sheets are here
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html

There are TONS of links with info posted on the first post everyday of this daily thread.
yes. thanks!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #13  
Started IP 8/12/13

Quote:
Don't worry you'll get it. The formula Lisa shared is key. The EAS Carb Control shakes come in a caramel that is great and they fit the program. They have soy in them and I am allergic so even though I REALLY tried lol I couldn't tolerate them. Check out the Muscle Milk Light powders. I bought a little 8 oz shaker bottle and one scoop tastes great. 2 scoops is too high in calories. It mixes up well and you can mix it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge. Just give it a quick shake before you drink it. It's very cost effective as well.
Thanks a bunch ... !!
Old 08-13-2013, 09:46 AM   #14  
Started IP 8/12/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! I just finished my Oatmeal/Zucchini muffins and a cup of coffee. Way to start the day. DH loves these muffins too! So happy I found the recipe.

Had a food dream last night, and that hasn't happened for a while. Dreamed I was eating Triscuit crackers the size of dinner plates and kept shoving them in my mouth! I was so unhappy that I cheated. I don't even like Triscuit crackers! I woke up and it took a while before I realized I really hadn't eaten them. Too funny and weird.

Caressme: you will want to check the labels on the Muscle Milk. As I recall, the chocolate RTD's are about 37% calories from fat. I think the Strawberry n Creme is even higher in fat. The Muscle Milk Light is IP compliant as an alternative though. I checked the Atkins shake and I think it was 50% fat calories. There are some other Cafe Caramel RTD's...I think EAS has one that is good. You want to be 30% or less calories from fat for your altrnatives. Try to keep the unrestricteds under 160 calories and up to 8 grams net carbs. For restricteds you can go up to 200 calories and 9 - 17 grams net carbs, but I try to keep my calories and carbs on the low end. Nashua Nutrition has some great products and you should check out the alternative threads for more ideas.

Good luck on day 2!
Thank you soo much - that really helps!! Back to walmart I go
Old 08-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #15  

Careseeme: dont worry you'll get it..it's day two

dak1lls&Aydubs i have a food dream last night to. it was chips for me..horrible dream. i was crying in my dream while i ate them lol then my subconscious was like WE DONT EAT THIS and i was spitting them out all over the place lol i woke up fairly horrified.

Off for WI today. Going shopping after...need to try making some IP muffins and maybe bread sticks later today. hopefully i have better luck this week
Closed Thread