Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #16  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Congrats on your progress!
Yes I felt like that last night when I had a homemade burger patty and rutabaga fries! (made a garlic aoli with the wf mayo) and panicked this morning with my old mindset (eat bad and deprive the next day) - lucky I dont have to!
I had a burger and rutabaga fries a couple nights ago with homemade mayo and WF ketchup and fresh garden tomatoes! It was sooooo good!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 274.5/269.5/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am so happy to have found this website. I started IP yesterday, so this is day two for me. I'm down 4 pounds (water weight, I know, but still exciting)!

Feeling a bit blah today though - kind of nauseated. Any tips to get over the week one hurdle?
Old 08-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #18  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charbarot View Post
Good morning everyone. It's been quite a while since I've posted here. Just wanted to give you all an update. After about 2 1/2 months I had to stop going to my 'coach' and buying the product. I needed a newer vehicle and could no longer afford the packets. I opted to go to WW. I'm now 12 pounds from reaching my goal. I realize it's not the quick weightless you get from IP...but what it does do is teach you the right eating habits. I hated not being able to eat fruit on IP. I feel great! I wish each and every one of you much success. If IP hadn't cost so much, I probably would have stayed on it. But between supplements (that I purchased elsewhere) and the packets....$100.00 a week was too much. Hope you all don't mind if I stop in from time to time.
That's great! Congratulations on being so close to goal, and I am so happy to hear you've found something that will stay with you for the rest of your life. Please do continue to visit, I love to see people at (or close) goal enjoying themselves and bragging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am down another pound as of this morning to 147! 38 lbs lost since May 13th! I am making such yummy dinners I always feel like I am cheating. Lol. Then I am surprised every day that I haven't gained weight. I wonder if others feel like this. I have this weird fear that I am going to suddenly gain all the weight back.
Congratulations, wahoo! Almost to 40 lbs! And yes, I feel like that every day! I feel so full at night that I am sad because I am sure I'll see gain in the morning. I have a lot of thoughts like, I put too much milk in my coffee, I'll probably gain. I have probably gone over on my weekly tomato limit, I'm probably going to gain. Then when I lose I'm just... absolutely flabbergasted that no only have I found something that works, but it continues to work. It's not too good to be true. I'm really doing this. And so are you! I found some tomato bruschetta in a jar at king soopers that is OP and SO delicious... I put in on some Boneless/skinless chicken breast and it really hit my craving for italian. I thought, this is way too good to be OP!!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #19  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all! Happy Monday. I am entering a three week spell where I am either working or in a work-related training course every day. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to it (being a family law attorney means that I really need down time). I am going to try to change my attitude a little bit by seeing it as a challenge to not turn to food for comfort. I spent the weekend readying my house for the course work and needed study (taking a certification examination in October) and maintaining IP protocol. Trying to look forward to the challenge.

Has anyone increased their magnesium to deal with the Big C? I have increased both water and magnesium and ... well .... let's just say that I have had the opposite reaction now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Since my planned return to P1, the restricteds are causing mighty cravings for me. Those of you who know me know I'm soy-free, gluten-free, and phasing off Splenda (sucralose) so I've only been having the stevia-sweetened Quest Bars.
I have the same issues, hence my limitation on restricted products since I began. I have indulged now and again, but generally don't have them. Curious about your sucralose. Does that include Mio?
Old 08-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #20  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday all!

I would just like to say a hearty thank you to everyone that posts in the IP forums! I have learned so much and can't imagine doing this diet without all the extra info that’s been provided! I know I look to you guys on the hard days and this place has prevented many a 'cheat' just by listening to the support and stories of success! I hope to be one of those stories one day!

Today is the end of my second week.. I think my pants are looser and my WI in on Wed. so we will see how much my 'bad cheat' day affected me.

Yesterday I poured over the alternative thread to help offset the costs of the program. I am amazed with what people have come up with for this program.

My question today is this: Is there a basic guideline for how many carbs/protein/sugar/calories etc.. for the daily totals that we need to stay under? I have printed off a nutritional sheet on the IP products, but then when you add in the veggies I get a little confused. I would love a rough 'guesstimate' on what totals I need to stay under/between daily.

Thanks in advance for any help
Old 08-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrm View Post
Feeling a bit blah today though - kind of nauseated. Any tips to get over the week one hurdle?
Hi and welcome! Depends on why you are feeling blah as to what I would recommend but generally, here are my thoughts. Take it easy on yourself, minimize engagements. Make sure you are eating a lot of veggies and have an additional unrestricted packet if you are hungry. Take your vitamins and drink lots of water. If you feel really blah, take a nap or simply close your eyes for a bit. That last one was my savior.

Oh, and have a "safe word" for your friends and family. There are times when you simply can't deal with "life" or people due to hunger or whatever. My safe work for my boyfriend and friends was/is "bananas." I only have to say that I am feeling bananas and it is understood to just leave me be.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post

Has anyone increased their magnesium to deal with the Big C? I have increased both water and magnesium and ... well .... let's just say that I have had the opposite reaction now. YES!!!! Had to take serious action before a trip back in May...

My IP place actually has/sells Douglas labs Mg Citrate capsules. They suggested 1/day. ZIPPO...NADDA...no help. Read up on it and increased to 2 based on dosages in those capsules and the suggested dose I saw in my reading. (My capsules are 150 mg and I use 2 in the AM...Nighttime use did not seem to work as well. By day's end I'm fine...and they work very gently)
EDIT: I don't use every day...!! Usually only need once or twice a month actually.

Last edited by 65X65; 08-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM   #23  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
And I managed to not agree twice this weekend when he suggested we go out or order out. I just gave him looks like "Are you CRAZY?!?!?"
My DH is just finishing IP and now he's talking about all the things he wants to or will be eating. Several times I've had to ask him to stop talking about it. I told him straight out that if he wants to go out and eat all that food, he can, but he'll have to do it WITHOUT me. I will no longer allow him to sabotage my weight loss. It took him a while, but he finally gets it now.

Also, my DH's co-worker/friend is constantly trying to sabotage our weight loss. He's doing the exercise and work out method and not losing nearly as much, so he takes every opportunity he can get to try and get us to go off plan. It worked once and set me back two weeks. That's when I realized that I am in control of my weigh loss - not food or anyone else. Because in the end, only I have to live with the consequences of eating off plan.

And don't worry, if you stay OP, you will lose the food cravings. It gets easier as you go.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Good morning all! Had a fun weekend with tons of family stuff, spend Saturday at the lake...which always makes it hard (or impossible) to stay OP. I made it through Saturday but Sunday night I did eat some lasagna (1/2 a portion) and a bread stick at a family dinner. I find my family, while supportive of "healthy eating" doesn't agree that:

a. I should be losing any weight
b. That IP is a healthy way to eat due to limited fruit etc

That said, many of the people in my family are overweight and complain about it but don't make the big changes needed to DO anything for it. I don't want to get to that point so I take "extreme" measures.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #25  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
Good morning all! Had a fun weekend with tons of family stuff, spend Saturday at the lake...which always makes it hard (or impossible) to stay OP. I made it through Saturday but Sunday night I did eat some lasagna (1/2 a portion) and a bread stick at a family dinner. I find my family, while supportive of "healthy eating" doesn't agree that:

That said, many of the people in my family are overweight and complain about it but don't make the big changes needed to DO anything for it. I don't want to get to that point so I take "extreme" measures.
"impossible" to stay OP is all in your head. you make your own decisions. change what you're thinking. stick to it. get there faster. do it for yourself.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post

I hear you! My whole family is and always has been overweight to the point of obesity. Several years ago when I decided to become "athletic" they were not very supportive. Now they complain that I am " too skinny" and obviously " not healthy" which is totally untrue. Honestly in my opinion, except for the lack of fruit, I find OP to be pretty reasonable and not extreme at all. When I start heavy marathon training again, I will add fruit and targeted grains for specific workout, but really I eat veggies and meat mostly any way. I have 15 lbs to go to goal and actually then hope to gain back 5 -7 lbs of muscle as my racing weight is predicted at 127. I guess to my family this " healthy stuff" is crap, I'd rather be having surgery for a torn rotator cuff that I got while racing than have 3 heart attacks like my Dad at 55. Stick to it and do what's right for you! Only you really know!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I've never split my dinner up with lunch before but I'm trying it out today. Do I still eat my other packet with lunch then or do you eat it at another point?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I've never split my dinner up with lunch before but I'm trying it out today. Do I still eat my other packet with lunch then or do you eat it at another point?
I have done this before and found that I generally eat the packet with the lunch. Sometimes, however, I have done the opposite and done B, L, S, D and 3rd packet S in the evening.

BTW - Lovely photo!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
I have done this before and found that I generally eat the packet with the lunch. Sometimes, however, I have done the opposite and done B, L, S, D and 3rd packet S in the evening.

BTW - Lovely photo!
I may do two snacks, I'll see how it goes! I get super hungry at different points during the day but dinner is a lot all at once.

Thanks! I took it myself, lol!
Old 08-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #30  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Hi all. Feeling a bit down today, although not sure why. (TOM is nearly upon me, so maybe I should blame that.) I still feel like I am doing something wrong, not on OP, or not ENOUGH on OP. I'm looking at my progress chart and seeing the inches/weight lost, but I am still not comfortable in a smaller pant size. And still have not felt any boost in energy. These things come with time, but I guess I feel like I should be doing MORE to speed it along. I'm planning on trying some light Pilates this week to help tone and will ask my coach if more packets are needed on the days I do that.
Closed Thread