Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Default Ugh Damn Scale!

So I was really hoping for 199 on WI#7 this morning. Yesterday I was so anxious I went ahead and weighed and was 200.6. I thought for sure I would be 199 this morning. I stepped on the scale, 201.6! I stepped on the scale two more times, still 201.6, lol... Then I decided to just step on the scale without selecting my user#, and it was 200.8. I did this 3 more times, each time 200.8. Then I selected my user# again, now its 201.2! Ugh. I'm taking the 201.2... I try to be so good about the scale, always place it in the exact same location on the bathroom tile, I try to stand the exact same way, etc. And it is not a cheap scale. So frustrating!

I always try to use the bathroom before I weigh but I start work at 430am and I am always meeting people so I don't have the luxury of waiting around to try and use the bathroom before I weigh. Of course then, once I get to work (I work outdoors), I always have to use the bathroom. When I finally got home from work after sweating all day and using the bathroom twice, I weighed 199.8! Yay! I'm not going to count this for my official WI, but it still felt so good to see that number. I can't remember the last time I was under 200lbs.

I have planned all along to move to P2 when I hit 199, because I am going to Maui for 10 days starting Sept. 14, and I wanted to have time to phase off completely. I knew I didn't want to be dieting in Hawaii. I will definitely try to eat good while I am there, but I want the freedom to not be on a diet. Then when I return from vacation, I have about 3 weeks in between, and then I go to Baja on a work trip for 3 weeks. I will be with 7 other biologists doing bird surveys. Sometimes we will be in remote areas, sometimes camping, sometimes not, but I don't think staying OP will be an easy task. So my plan was just to try and eat as healthy as possible while in Mexico, then get back to P1 when I return. I'm not really sure how well all this will work. Also very nervous about it since reading Lisa's post that she is sensitive to restricteds after returning to P1. But we shall see!

Congrats to everyone who stayed OP this week and had excellent weigh in's! Keep up the good work!
Scarlett
Old 08-12-2013, 09:17 PM   #62  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Congrats at the 199! I hope to be there soon too! My WI is on wednesday..

You are doing great! Keep up the good work!
Old 08-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #63  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Broken hearted here. I just made my first major mistake. I guess I accidentally bought the wrong Maple Grove farms pancake mix. I was too tired to make crispy cereal pancakes so I decided to try out the Maple Grove stuff I bought last week. I made them using the directions posted in one of the alt threads. Ate them all up yum and decided they really tasted too good to be legal. So I looked and the carbs and there were 27! I almost fainted, I guess I picked up gluten free not the sugar free.
They didn't even qualify as super restricted. I feel like throwing up and wish I had just made the dang crispy cereal pancakes.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #64  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettx View Post
So I was really hoping for 199 on WI#7 this morning. Yesterday I was so anxious I went ahead and weighed and was 200.6. I thought for sure I would be 199 this morning. I stepped on the scale, 201.6! I stepped on the scale two more times, still 201.6, lol... Then I decided to just step on the scale without selecting my user#, and it was 200.8. I did this 3 more times, each time 200.8. Then I selected my user# again, now its 201.2! Ugh. I'm taking the 201.2... I try to be so good about the scale, always place it in the exact same location on the bathroom tile, I try to stand the exact same way, etc. And it is not a cheap scale. So frustrating!
This same thing happened to me. It was disappointing but rewarding because I knew it would happen the next week. Congrats on the loss. And don't stress about the weight "gain." It isn't real.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #65  

Hi Everyone! Hope you had a good weekend! We were doing some family fun stuff with the extended family and everyone had a good time. I stayed OP with no trouble and I even made a chocolate cake without any tasting while I was baking. I haven't been feeling very hungry at all. I realized today at dinner time that I didn't eat anything yet and so now I have some making up to do this evening.

Anyway, I was wondering if the people taking biotin could tell me what dosage they are on? I noticed this weekend that my hair is starting to come out more than normal. It reminds me of after being pregnant. I checked a few threads, but I didn't find the dosage listed anywhere. Thanks!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #66  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

So, I am down 38 lbs and haven't seen my next door neighbor since practically 3 months ago when I started IP. Tonight we chatted in the driveway and she said, "did you do something different with your hair? It looks nice." Seriously?! I lost 38 lbs!!!! Geez! I guess losing weight at least makes my hair look nice. Lol. Oh, I did not change my hair at all!
Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 PM   #67  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Broken hearted here. I just made my first major mistake. I guess I accidentally bought the wrong Maple Grove farms pancake mix. I was too tired to make crispy cereal pancakes so I decided to try out the Maple Grove stuff I bought last week. I made them using the directions posted in one of the alt threads. Ate them all up yum and decided they really tasted too good to be legal. So I looked and the carbs and there were 27! I almost fainted, I guess I picked up gluten free not the sugar free.
They didn't even qualify as super restricted. I feel like throwing up and wish I had just made the dang crispy cereal pancakes.
Don't beat yourself up!! Now you have something yummy to use when you start to phase off. Live and learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettx View Post
So I was really hoping for 199 on WI#7 this morning. Yesterday I was so anxious I went ahead and weighed and was 200.6. I thought for sure I would be 199 this morning. I stepped on the scale, 201.6! I stepped on the scale two more times, still 201.6, lol... Then I decided to just step on the scale without selecting my user#, and it was 200.8. I did this 3 more times, each time 200.8. Then I selected my user# again, now its 201.2! Ugh. I'm taking the 201.2...
Congrats to everyone who stayed OP this week and had excellent weigh in's! Keep up the good work!
Scarlett
I did the same thing trying to get to 169 (I would have been happy to see 169.999999! Just get me out of the 170's!) before my last weigh in... I stayed between 170-171 for almost 5 whole days. My weigh in was on a thursday, then on saturday morning I woke up - BAm! 168! I almost squealed Don't worry, it'll happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
So, I am down 38 lbs and haven't seen my next door neighbor since practically 3 months ago when I started IP. Tonight we chatted in the driveway and she said, "did you do something different with your hair? It looks nice." Seriously?! I lost 38 lbs!!!! Geez! I guess losing weight at least makes my hair look nice. Lol. Oh, I did not change my hair at all!
I think it's because when our bodies shrink our heads look bigger... LOL! You do look amazing! Did you tell her about your weight loss?

OK Folks - I've got a question: I'd like to start adding in exercise, I really like P90x but I know it's probably too intense. I'm thinking of doing half a DVD per day? I did half of one today and it felt like plenty!!! Maybe I'm just getting lazy :P

Last edited by coloradogirl; 08-12-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #68  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Too funny The same thing keeps happening to me. I finally let my hair go grey (I've been coloring it for over 15 years) and people keep saying, "Wow...grey hair really agrees with you!" Really? I guess at least they notice that something is different.
Closed Thread