3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Almost Cheated yesterday..... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/286082-almost-cheated-yesterday.html)

fitgurl 08-11-2013 11:08 AM

Almost Cheated yesterday.....

I have learned through the dieting process that I am an emotional eater. When I get upset I want to eat junk. Well I had a bad day yesterday and was so ready to just throw in the towel and eat a burger and fries. I jumped in my car and was driving to get the food while nearly crying at the same time from the guilt :( Then it hit me and I knew that it was my emotions and that I was way stronger and I turned my car around went home and ate my IP approved dinner and felt like a million bucks. :D

CrystalWolf 08-11-2013 11:13 AM

Way to go the I bet the victory "tastes" better that the burger and fries would have.

erin3213 08-11-2013 11:35 AM

Whoo-hoo!!!
A million bucks feeling is way better than the "i hate myself for eating this" feeling!

WillowVee 08-11-2013 11:41 AM

Way to go! Being self aware and realizing the triggers is a huge victory. I recently picked up this book: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food by Susan Albers PsyD and it is a goldmine for emotional eaters.

fitgurl 08-11-2013 11:59 AM

Thanks everyone!

Bellamack 08-11-2013 12:15 PM

MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH! Congrats to you :)

New Englander 08-11-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgurl (Post 4813743)
I have learned through the dieting process that I am an emotional eater. When I get upset I want to eat junk. Well I had a bad day yesterday and was so ready to just throw in the towel and eat a burger and fries. I jumped in my car and was driving to get the food while nearly crying at the same time from the guilt :( Then it hit me and I knew that it was my emotions and that I was way stronger and I turned my car around went home and ate my IP approved dinner and felt like a million bucks. :D

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!! :) Great NSV!!!

JLUS 08-11-2013 12:46 PM

YAY for YOU!!!!

garnettac 08-11-2013 01:37 PM

Fantastic! That is such a great NSV and having done it once the next time will be so much easier to identify and hopefully avoid altogether.

jmanovich 08-11-2013 02:40 PM

Congratulations! That is fantastic! I completely agree with what everyone above me has said as well...and I am going to read that book! Thanks for the recommendation!

fitgurl 08-11-2013 03:39 PM

Thank You everyone...So lucky to have a place to talk about this kind of stuff. You guys are awesome.

Clarington45 08-11-2013 03:53 PM

Way to go, I am also an emotional eater and know how hard that would have been to not go ahead and eat the food and then feel so bad about yourself.. it's a vicious cycle and you are on your way to conquering it! Sty strong!:hug:
Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgurl (Post 4813797)
Thanks everyone!

Skinnyjeangirl 08-11-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fitgurl (Post 4813743)

Fabulous and inspirational for all! :encore:

I can do anything 08-11-2013 07:55 PM

You go Girl!!!

Maxxy 08-11-2013 10:30 PM

It's so great when that little light comes on in your head! Congrats on the right decision.