Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 01:00 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinkmeplease View Post
Ugh bad start to the day.
WI 2 done and only 2 lbs down (no cheats)
great start!!

Congratulations!! You are down 10 lbs in 2 weeks? It took me over 4 weeks to get to that....

Last edited by 65X65; 08-10-2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:03 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Not IP, just a humorous conversation with a 4 year old when driving into the city last night.

LO: Mommy! Mommy! That horse has three back legs.
Me: *blank stare* ok... sure. Let's go with that

Gotta love a 4 yr old!!! Don't we wish life was simple and as clear as they see it!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #33  

Default 0/0/0 ...and other "food for thought" tidbits....

“Thinking about working out burns 0 calories, 0 percentage of fat and accomplishes 0 goals!”
― Gwen Ro

“The only pushup you won't be able to do is the one you never do.”
― Gwen Ro

“Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.” -Tony Robbins

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

“When it comes to eating right and exercising, there is no "I'll start tomorrow." Tomorrow is disease.”
― Terri Guillemets
Old 08-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Excited that after 2 weeks on thyroid meds & almost a week on IP, I can wear my wedding rings again!! My other happy for the weekend is that my 16 year old helped my paint a wall in my classroom & we finally finished. We'll head back later to put the furniture back in place before I meet my kiddos & their parents next week.
Day 5 of IP & it's the first day I've felt hungry! I follow the plan 100% - I have a 1/2 cup of veggies that I can eat if my water doesn't do the trick. I think it's the pizza the 16 year old is eating that has triggered my hunger.
I keep looking for the "like" button so I can share the happies that I'm reading!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #35  

Just hoping to do better in keeping up with this message board, so thought joining would be the best idea. Great day to look forward to. Have already lost 22 lbs!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #36  

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Work was not too bad last night but i am starting to feel like a slug....i've had recent blood work so i know my thyroid isn't being crazy. Many i went too low on carbs yesterday for work (only ate 8 IP carbs yesterday hmm)....I couldn't hack coffee without RTD vanilla..its far to bitter... so i need to either give it up or try try try again....

@1LittleStar have fun.. which lake are you going to? I miss Ontario

@IdealProteinNewbie
Good Job....i think about my choices everyday...i read somewhere that "every time we say "no" to something we increase our ability/resolve to say no in the future" they were talking about saying "no" to bad food choices..forget where i read that...but sounds like you are finding out it's true good work.!

@coloradogirl GRATS on the SV! i can't wait to join that under 170 club

@Bellamack
wishing you a speedy recovery....with very lil to no pain

@65X65
love the words of wisdom about exercise. i need to start doing more of it (just like light stuff as i am in p1)

@kkids
good work...and yes hunger can be both physical and mental...i'd stay avoid the 16 y/o eating pizza till your a few more weeks in maybe

and lastly rocknroll50something...welcome. 22lbs is amazing.

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-10-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Ahh, just when you think you're making progress someone has to burst your bubble.

I was shopping for an event next weekend and asked the saleswoman at Macy's where the dress section was. She pointed me to the plus-size department and told me I would find what I was looking for there
Old 08-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ahh, just when you think you're making progress someone has to burst your bubble.

I was shopping for an event next weekend and asked the saleswoman at Macy's where the dress section was. She pointed me to the plus-size department and told me I would find what I was looking for there
I think you need to worry less about what that silly sale person did..and concern yourself with how you feel, and look and the fact that you are indeed losing lbs and inches. did you have to shop in the plus size section? if yes, was it for the same size you were buying before you started IP, or was it a smaller size (i'm guessing by your ticker it was a smaller size). Do not let one person who matters so little in your life get so much control over your emotional self! Check out how much weight you have lost again....go look in the mirror you look AMAZING compared to when you started this program. (well okay so that's just an educated guess as we have never met, but i'm guessing im correct)

Last edited by Art3mis; 08-10-2013 at 05:49 PM. Reason: fixed typo lol
Old 08-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #39  

Quote:

I agree with Art3miss!! You must look terrific! What the %@** does she know!!

Experience shows, sometimes people go out of their way NOT to be helpful...or to deliberately be mean esp when they are unhappy with themselves...for any reason. Don't give her that much power!!

Art3miss

.....light exercise can be a great way to start the day...it becomes YOU time, which I suspect you (and all of us) need!! I joined a Ladies Fitness Express (Lady Fitness franchise) where they specialize in circuit training. They have personal trainers, some aerobic equip which I limit my use of...but they offer classes too. Most are aerobic so I've not joined in for that yet...but they look like fun and the music is "get up and move" stuff that rolls around in my head and through my mind all day...

Last edited by 65X65; 08-10-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #40  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
I couldn't hack coffee without RTD vanilla..its far to bitter...
I am a latte drinker. I LOVE milk in my coffee, but I don't like sugar or any kind of sweetness, so using syrup doesn't help me. Things you might want to try:

1. Cold brew your coffee overnight, it's much less bitter/acidic.
2. Just add more hot water to weaken it.
3. I just found yesterday a new flavor coffee that is wonderful (Texas Pecan). Some of the Dunkin Donut flavors seem to be much easier to drink black.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #41  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Epic Fail today... bad mood, tired.. fell WAY off the wagon... Had pizza today...boooooo.... but tomorrows another day and a fresh start...because if I didn't fall outta ketosis today.. I would be amazed!

Does anyone have any ideas how I might be able to jumpstart myself back into ketosis a little more quickly... yes, I know, don't cheat! lol

This is not a boo hoo post.. I made a mistake and am trying to get back on a horse that’s now prob running away from me

I will be cracking down on myself.. and since this was my first slip, will make sure it’s my last...

Hope everyone is having a more productive weekend!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
I think you need to worry less about what that silly sale person did..and concern yourself with how you feel, and look and the fact that you are indeed losing lbs and inches. did you have to shop in the plus size section? if yes, was it for the same size you were buying before you started IP, or was it a smaller size (i'm guessing by your ticker it was a smaller size). Do not let one person who matters so little in your life get so much control over your emotional self! Check out how much weight you have lost again....go look in the mirror you look AMAZING compared to when you started this program. (well okay so that's just an educated guess as we have never met, but i'm guessing im correct)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I agree with Art3miss!! You must look terrific! What the %@** does she know!!

Experience shows, sometimes people go out of their way NOT to be helpful...or to deliberately be mean esp when they are unhappy with themselves...for any reason. Don't give her that much power!!
Thank you ladies.

It was just a very deflating feeling.

I ended up getting 2 dresses, one medium and one large so, no, not from the plus-size department.

I will not let her ruin my weekend!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Happy Saturday Everyone!

@1LittleStar have fun.. which lake are you going to? I miss Ontario
[B].

Hi Art3mis,

I have the incredible luck of living at the lake! I live about 20 minutes outside of a small town in northwestern Ontario. So a vacation for me is staying home and going swimming, boating, jet skiing! I love it. The funny part is that people who live in town can't believe how far I live and how long my commute is! I used to live in Montreal and near Toronto, so 20 minutes is nothing. I guess it's all what we are used to.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #44  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:

IGNORE the twit and DO NOT let her bring you down!!!!! Look what you have accomplished. Some people are just MEAN and we need to steer clear of them.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #45  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Um, IPN - you've lost over 100lbs...do not let this stupid person ruin that for you! I bet you looked awesome in whatever you choose!

Littlestar - I'm in Winnipeg and my family's from NW Ontario so I kind of know and love that area My mom sold the cottage after my dad died so I miss going there.

Haven't accomplished a thing today except maybe 8 episodes of Sons of Anarchy Just starting supper - chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice, yum!

Jo
Closed Thread