3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/10 - Sun 8/11/2013

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:26 AM   #61

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Thumbs up Nurses etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
AlaskanRN I know it all too well. I too work in a hospital with scheduled pts, but also walk-ins, add-ons, emergency pts and pts that just show up on wrong days. I don't get breaks but I do get some sort of lunch most days. Lunch may be only 10 minutes, but I will sit for a few and make the pts. wait. I need that time to regroup and revive. I usually work a 10hr day, I do ultrasound, its a different sort of pt care that you or Clair do but working short staffed and overbooked daily, trying to stay on schedule, so I get it.

Happy Sunday everyone!!! Chocolate spinach shake for breakfast........mmmmm Last night went out to dinner, its not easy for a vegetarian at a Portuguese restaurant. I had some blackened tofu before leaving and just ate broccoli and green beans there. Its hubby's favorite place, oh the things we do to keep them happy.
Just want to take a minute--
Hats off to ALL the members here who are healthcare professionals
The first part of my own working career was spent in a clinical lab as a Medical Technologist...(specialty: hematology), My mother was a nurse, and my youngest daughter also a NICU nurse, two sisters who are Resp. Therapists, niece and nephew both nurses..sister in law, cardiac nurse and we also have young MDs in the family, who are experiencing the being on call and long workshifts at the moment. Salute to all who work in any way the medical field...and to their families as well because those long days affect them too!
Thank-you!!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #62

Claire, i feel your pain. I am a nurse who worked in a huge teaching hospital for years and DD is a physician, so unless you have been in a big hospital environment you cant believe the insane hours! You may also try the RTD drinks, they could be stashed in your tote, if you have one. They are not big containers. Veggies will be the hard part. God bless you - you will make it, and this season of your life will not be forever - but it will feel like it!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #63

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default Nashua Nutrition

Good Morning! I keep reading about Nashua Nutrition on these blogs so I went to their website. They don't sell IP products, but I was wondering if there are comparable brands that they DO sell? Which item brand that they sell is closest to IP?
Thanks!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #64
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Good Morning! I keep reading about Nashua Nutrition on these blogs so I went to their website. They don't sell IP products, but I was wondering if there are comparable brands that they DO sell? Which item brand that they sell is closest to IP?
Thanks!
Have you read through these threads? They have lots of info. There are many brands (like ProtiDiet, ProtiThin, Weight Loss Systems) that fit the bill but you have to watch labels carefully b/c not every item from every brand will be IP compliant

Alternative products that are the SAME as IP products

Alternative Reviews Vol 1

Last edited by lisa32989 : 08-11-2013 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #65

S/C/G: 229/212.8/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aydubs View Post
Thanks!
Hi, There are some products that are identical to IP...post your question on the alt thread and hopefully someone will answer...And read through, but sometimes it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

Personally, I use proti-thin hot chocolate and it's tasty. (I tried it b/c a lot of others recommended it.) There's a lot of options!
Reboot: 12/26/2013 (at 212.8)

Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #66

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

65 Thanks, you know what its like. I wouldnt trade it though, I love what I do. I would like a shorter day or 4 days a week.......some year that will happen.

Off to do some yard work and get some pool time in. Have a good day all!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #67
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorHall View Post
Two weeks ago I had a major cheat day - I ate sausages for breakfast, buffalo wings for lunch, pizza for dinner and washed it all down with some vodka and a litre of sprite. Needless to say I had a great day... however, I was very surprised to see that for days after getting right back on the program I was still gaining weight. That week I put on 2.5 lbs and a week later I had lost it again. So effectively the cheat day cost me 2 weeks, but on the plus side I really enjoyed it and I did get to learn for myself what the cost of cheating is. I really hope you dont have the same experience but whatever happens just get back on it and in a matter of days it will be like it never happened.
Unfortunately this morning I was up 2 lbs... Hitting IP hard this morning...My clinic told me any cheat would set me back 4 days... we will see. Monday would have marked 2 weeks on IP. While I do love the food on this diet, I am in a serious battle with my bread cravings... and until I get some potato puree (finger crossed on Wednesday), so I can make some potato rolls I am getting by just day by day. Considering this was my first 'carb' cheat I am pretty sure I have learned my lesson.. I have added an egg here and there on long afternoons before dinner.. but the protein is better than that stupid pizza.. Oh well it’s over now.. time to buckle down and remember why I'm doing this! I figured with the cost of food packets and if it set me back 4 days it also cost me at least $50 in food... that was an expensive pizza! lol

Happy Sunday all!

Last edited by FrostyBobber : 08-11-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:53 AM   #68
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Good morning and Happy Sunday! I am in such a great mood today! Every day it is exciting to wake up feeing healthier and so fun to see which of my old "skinny" clothes I can wear. So happy I started this IP journey.

Just took some shrimp out of the freezer and looking forward to coming up with a yummy dish to make for dinner tonight. Might get out on the boat if the weather warms up enough today. This has been a disappointing summer so far....very cool temps. And it is almost over! Will be taking my youngest son back to college in two weeks. :-(

Aydubs: definitely read through the alternative threads Lisa listed. I read through all of them until I felt prepared to make the jump from IP products to 100% alternatives. I am so happy I did. I don't know that I could have justified the high cost to continue on IP and definitely could not afford the variety of products I now purchase through Nashua Nutrition. You really need to do your homework though, and read ingredients. Many items on Nashua Nutrition contain aspartame.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #69

S/C/G: 310/000/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good morning and Happy Sunday! I am in such a great mood today! Every day it is exciting to wake up feeing healthier and so fun to see which of my old "skinny" clothes I can wear. So happy I started this IP journey.

Just took some shrimp out of the freezer and looking forward to coming up with a yummy dish to make for dinner tonight. Might get out on the boat if the weather warms up enough today. This has been a disappointing summer so far....very cool temps. And it is almost over! Will be taking my youngest son back to college in two weeks. :-(

Aydubs: definitely read through the alternative threads Lisa listed. I read through all of them until I felt prepared to make the jump from IP products to 100% alternatives. I am so happy I did. I don't know that I could have justified the high cost to continue on IP and definitely could not afford the variety of products I now purchase through Nashua Nutrition. You really need to do your homework though, and read ingredients. Many items on Nashua Nutrition contain aspartame.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Thanks for the positive message! It is great to feel healthy and having so many clothes that fit! My biggest problem is clothes that don't fit because they are too big. I have a bag in my closet at all time to throw clothes that are too big in, ready to donate. It's amazing how quickly the bag fills up. By the end of summer, I plan on donating most of my summer clothes, knowing that they will definitely be too big by next year.

I'm not too far from you (northwestern Ontario) and get what you mean about the cold summer! I'm making a point of enjoying the water as much as I can, even on the chilly days. I set out on the jet ski the other day and my husband jokingly reminded me not to forget my parka! I've been known to be out on the water with a tuque and mitts before, sometime in October! I just love the water.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Back to P1 on March 16, 2014.

Read my IP recipe and product reviews:
http://idealproteinrecipesandfoodreviews.blogspot.ca/
Old 08-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #70

Hi all,

I'm just finishing my 6th week of IP-down 23.5. Gotta love it! I saw some posts on alternate products. I'm interested in that because IP is pretty pricey. However, I'm not finding a cost savings yet. If I order from Lindora.com, after shipping, it costs pretty much the same as IP. Am I missing something? Also EAS low carb shakes are $5/per at Walmart. No cost savings there!

If anyone can help with more recent info on the alternate route, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #71
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe300k View Post
Hi all,

I'm just finishing my 6th week of IP-down 23.5. Gotta love it! I saw some posts on alternate products. I'm interested in that because IP is pretty pricey. However, I'm not finding a cost savings yet. If I order from Lindora.com, after shipping, it costs pretty much the same as IP. Am I missing something? Also EAS low carb shakes are $5/per at Walmart. No cost savings there!

If anyone can help with more recent info on the alternate route, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!
I've never purchased IP products, I'm strictly alternatives. I buy from Nashua Nutrition. I think you'll find it's almost 1/2 the price. You do need to read the nutrition info closely. Nashua has weekly specials and usually free shipping on orders over $99. Sometimes its on orders over $49. You can buy premier protein shakes at Costco for about $2/shake and the EAS shakes at WalMart should be 4 shakes for $5. Quest bars are $2 each from GNC. Hope this helps. Also check out the alternate threads on the forum.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #72
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe300k View Post
Hi all,

Thanks!
My last order from Nashua Nutrition totalled $104. They did have a 10% off sale on a couple of the bars I ordered. My order included enough restricted and unrestricted products to last 3 weeks. I calculated it would have cost over $250 if I had purchased the same amount from my IP coach. Shipping was free. I think I could easily save even if I had been charged shipping. They are generally less than half the price of IP.

Don't look back, you're not going that way!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #73
Started IP 07/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
My last order from Nashua Nutrition totalled $104. They did have a 10% off sale on a couple of the bars I ordered. My order included enough restricted and unrestricted products to last 3 weeks. I calculated it would have cost over $250 if I had purchased the same amount from my IP coach. Shipping was free. I think I could easily save even if I had been charged shipping. They are generally less than half the price of IP.

So what are we looking for in the alternate products? 0/0/0 ? How do you know if they would be restricted or unrestricted? I am really new to this and haven't checked out the other 'alternate' info yet, just looking for a quick reference to get me started.. Thanks

Last edited by FrostyBobber : 08-11-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #74
IP start 7/30/2012

S/C/G: 260.2/186 /163

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
So what are we looking for in the alternate products? 0/0/0 ? How do you know if they would be restricted or unrestricted? I am really new to this and haven't checked out the other 'alternate' info yet, just looking for a quick reference to get me started.. Thanks
All of the info on what to look for, etc is on the threads. I've posted the links several times this weekend in numerous spots. Pull up a comfy chair and take some time to read. You'll learn all you need to know when you visit those threads.
Old 08-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #75
Started IP 07/29/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
All of the info on what to look for, etc is on the threads. I've posted the links several times this weekend in numerous spots. Pull up a comfy chair and take some time to read. You'll learn all you need to know when you visit those threads.
Thanks
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.