IP Weekend Chat Sat 8/10 - Sun 8/11/2013

You're on Page 2 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: Happy Weekend!

Silly NSV but I'm sure some can relate.

Made mug cake for breakfast and somehow messed it up big time (bye-bye $4). I was annoyed at myself and hungry and for a nano-second said "I'll have a bar instead." Then I thought about it, remembered I really wanted to save my restricted for the movies tonight and got out another packet and re-made it.

Realized choices like that contributed to my need to be on IP in the first place!
    Omg girl, me too! So easy to grab something simple. Got me in bad shape. Rethinking & doing = every time we do it is practice for the future of maintaining this weight loss.
    I had this discussion with a co-worker yesterday who was eating a lean cuisine. I basically told her I lost the right to enjoy that kind of convenience. What I didn't say is that I over-did it in the past and can't "afford" to go back there
  • Quote: Omg girl, me too! So easy to grab something simple. Got me in bad shape. Rethinking & doing = every time we do it is practice for the future of maintaining this weight loss.
    I had this discussion with a co-worker yesterday who was eating a lean cuisine. I basically told her I lost the right to enjoy that kind of convenience. What I didn't say is that I over-did it in the past and can't "afford" to go back there
    Exactly! I'm looking to change my lifestyle to keep this weight off...no way do I ever want to have to lose these pounds again.

Sure, P1 is great for losing weight, but it's also a time to really look at your behavior and see what you need to change to make it stick.

Sometimes, no, I don't feel like spending my Sunday afternoon chopping, sorting and labeling, but then I remember how easy to it to grab-and-go during the busy work week so I do it anyway!
  • Quote: Exactly! I'm looking to change my lifestyle to keep this weight off...no way do I ever want to have to lose these pounds again.

Sure, P1 is great for losing weight, but it's also a time to really look at your behavior and see what you need to change to make it stick.
    Lisa and IPN - You guys are so right! I keep feeling like -oh I can't wait to phase off and have _____-. I need to keep in mind that this change is for life and I can't go back to the way I used to binge on my favorites. Sometimes I would be at work, already setting the theme for the night. I'm going to have an oreo night tonight. I'm going to go to town on a pizza tonight. That's not me anymore!!

Big SV for me today.... I have FINALLY broken the 170 barrier! Today I am 168.5! IP is great. In the words of skinnyjeangirl: BEST AND LAST DIET EVER!
  • Good Morning IPeeps,

I got my stitches out yesterday and just have strips that will dissolve in about a week ( rotator cuff tear & decompression). I finally slept a little last night, I start PT on the 20th, Doctor says I am doing well. This was a much easier surgery than 10 years ago when I had my other shoulder done, that was a horrible mess.

I lost on IP in 2011, made it to goal and gained all the weight back because I just kept saying "just this one thing" or "just a bite, that turns into many more bites" I have been OP for over a week and feel really good about getting this done ( again). Weight will be a struggle the rest of my life, I used to swim, run & bike off everything I ate, I can't do that anymore. All things in moderation now that I am in my 50's. Learn from my mistakes, when you reach goal, try your best to keep the same habits and KEEP coming here for support (very important, thats why alcoholics go to AA meetings) Food for me is a drug, I love it & crave it. I always thought because I didn't do drugs, smoke or drink excessively, I wasn't an addict, well, exercise was always my addiction until an accident where I broke my neck and back, then I turned to food for comfort and it has been a roller coaster for 20+ years. I admit I need the support
  • Good morning all! First day of holidays and it feels great. Stayed up way too late last night watching some Sons of Anarchy episodes and slept in until 10...

We leave on the road trip on Monday morning so I think I've got a handle on it - I'll bring some water with me and we'll stop at a Target to pick up some salad or cut up veggies for the rest of the drive. The hotel we're staying at has a fridge and microwave so I'll bring a bunch of IP packets with me for breakfast and snacks. Lunches can be salads and then IP drinks and supper can be protein and veggies or salad. I can do this

Oh and I finally made it to Costco and picked up some Sparkling Ice - thank you, thank you to all for that recommendation!

Quote: Lisa and IPN - You guys are so right! I keep feeling like -oh I can't wait to phase off and have _____-. I need to keep in mind that this change is for life and I can't go back to the way I used to binge on my favorites. Sometimes I would be at work, already setting the theme for the night. I'm going to have an oreo night tonight. I'm going to go to town on a pizza tonight. That's not me anymore!!

Big SV for me today.... I have FINALLY broken the 170 barrier! Today I am 168.5! IP is great. In the words of skinnyjeangirl: BEST AND LAST DIET EVER!
    ^^This is why I'm here! I love how everyone feels the same way! I'm 8 weeks in, down a couple of dress sizes (and one of the reasons for the road trip - I *need* some new clothes!) and have totally changed my way of thinking about food and nutrition.

Today is getting some laundry done, cleaning up the house a bit, cleaning the pool and most of all, relaxing.

Jo
  • 65, thank you and good luck to you as you progress towards your goal. I wanted to be in better shape and weight by my 50th bday, it will now be by 51, half way there and half way to the weight loss too. I want to just tone, build some bone, I know we (women) lose bone as we age and I would like to prevent that. After years of yo yo dieting, the IP works , albeit I liked the first weeks better with the bigger losses, but I dont have a huge amount to lose so slow and steady and if I can hit the machines 3x a week to shape up that works for me too. I havent been extra hungry and its not strenuous lifting so I guess I will just play it by ear or scale...lol. Part of building some muscle is I have chronic tendonitis in my right elbow , 3 cortisone shots, after PT did nothing, and tendonitis in my opposite shoulder. Its all work related, the shoulder is new so I figured I better build some muscle to help the tendons. I have many years I want to work. I love my job, I am a sonographer so its all repetitive injuries. 90% of us scan in pain, its just a given pretty much, so hopefully by building some muscle it will help with the unhappy tendons.

Slow and steady wins the race........ or attains the goal.

Back outside for me.....
  • Good morning, everyone!

I have a similar story to Bellamack... I lost 30 lbs on IP in 2011 and gained it all back and more with: "just this once" or "just one that" at a time! Before I knew it, I was back to all of my old ways. Then I got injuries running (tore the fascia in both feet) and could not exercise anymore. I guess it was just one bad decision after another.

This time, I am really giving a lot of thought to what I need to do to maintain in the future. I don't really have the answers yet but something really has to change and for good!

I seem to be up 0.2 lbs this morning... negligible but still. I let someone get to me and sabotaged my own efforts. Another bad decision! Back to being 100% OP without ANY restricted items for a few days. I like the restricteds too much and sadly, can't always be trusted with them. What am I going to do with myself?!?! When will I learn that: "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got!"

Onwards and forward! I am determined!
  • Quote: Lisa and IPN - You guys are so right! I keep feeling like -oh I can't wait to phase off and have _____-. I need to keep in mind that this change is for life and I can't go back to the way I used to binge on my favorites. Sometimes I would be at work, already setting the theme for the night. I'm going to have an oreo night tonight. I'm going to go to town on a pizza tonight. That's not me anymore!!

Wooo hoo! Yay! Awesome! Terrific! WTG!
  • Susie Bee,

You hang in there with me. I am a very strong person and walked away from the hospital ( 28 days after accident), when the doctors didn't know if I would walk again. broke 4 vertebrae in back and 5 in neck. I have had surgeries over the years but bounce right back with great determination, it is the "food" that I have trouble with.

We will make it together & for good this time. Always looking forward, not back!
  • Thank you!

I admire your strength! We sure can do this... again. For good this time!
    (I just noticed how similar our stats are too... I am actually 5'5 and 1/2")
  • Not IP, just a humorous conversation with a 4 year old when driving into the city last night.

LO: Mommy! Mommy! That horse has three back legs.
    Me: *blank stare* ok... sure. Let's go with that

• Whoop whoop! My weigh in yesterday put me at 20.4 lbs lost. My mini goal was 20 lbs. Next mini goal is 25!

Such an awesome feeling especially when people are starting to notice. 2 of my best friends have now joined IP. I kept my diet a secret for quite sometime and was waiting for people to notice. It's happened!
  • Ugh bad start to the day. WI 2 done and only 2 lbs down (no cheats)
  • Finished 4th week of IP. 10.4 lbs and 15.5 inches gone (everything is measured except my big toe), put I'm still very happy. I thought cheating was eating food that was not on program., I know cheating is not following program to a T. There's a reason why we have to follow it. I have to make myself eat all the food, if I eat it all, I'm not hungry. Every morning I have a RTD with spinach, that helps to get a veggie in. Good luck everyone. You are a great group, so glad I found this sight.
  • SHRINKMEPLEASE- Hold 2 lbs of butter in your hands. It's 2 lbs that aren't attached to you anymore.

2lbs is awesome.