Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 12:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 158/130/110

Height: 4'11

Unhappy

Hi I am new to this forum but have been on Ideal Protein for 41/2 months. I have had my discouragements (I lost .6 one week) and my highs (I lost 3.4 one week) but for the most part, I like it. I am heading toward maintenance right now and, of course, I am worried I will gain the weight back. I am going to try very hard not to gain most of it back. It is vague to me exactly what you need to do in Maintenance so I will not gain weight.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #32  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Happy to report that I have FINALLY broken the 200 mark! Weighed in at 199.7 this morning and couldn't be happier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinintherain View Post
Congratulations PurpleMomster!!

I made it under 200 this week too. 199.2 this morning.
Welcome to One-derland!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I too am having an up/down kind of week. I am totally on plan and I guess this happens. We are going away for a week and my plan is to totally stay on plan. We have a motorhome so I can do all of my own meal preps. I just miss having a glass of wine while sitting around the camp fire. Any suggestions besides MIO and lemon juice. They are getting boring. I need something that feels like a treat!
What about cucumber slices? Sparkling water?
Old 08-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #33  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Happy to report that I have FINALLY broken the 200 mark! Weighed in at 199.7 this morning and couldn't be happier
Congrats!!!!!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #34  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Welcome to ONEderland! I hope I will be there soon!!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Good Morning,
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post surgery ( rotator cuff tear & decompression) I am doing pretty good, sleep is not good, but to be expected. The good thing I have stayed on plan
Wow so glad you are doing well. I am having RC surgery in two weeks! Any tips? I plan to tell the doc on am on a ketogenic eating plan and want to remain in Ketosis during the surgery. Anything else I should know? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I plan to have RTDs and bars ready when I am able to eat.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #36  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
How much water is too much water? My husband constantly complains that I drink too much water and it's harmful. I usually drink 100oz to 120oz a day, while he drinks only about 40oz. I think he's crazy and that it's just fine.

What are your thoughts?
Water is only "toxic" if you aren't peeing/sweating it out. If you drank that much water without eliminating it, it dilutes your blood and is very dangerous. I drink minimum 96oz a day, I just spread it out through out the day.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #37  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post

Shirts are getting a little loose, but I don't want to go shopping... I only want to go shopping when I reach my goal, though I know that isn't realistic. I might become the baggy lady at work because things are getting loose. Maybe when I reach a loss of 50lbs or something I will... I'm used to online shopping, since it's easier and I didn't have to struggle to try stuff on, but I am looking forward to actually walking a mall and picking out stuff I'll fit in and/or have energy to actually walk a mall.... Moving onto the positives.
I plan to use thrift shops for my "in between" weight. I have to pull my pants up way higher than any pants should be worn, and my t-shirts are all getting pretty baggy. I noticed before that once I started wearing clothes that fit me better, that is when people started to notice I was losing weight and compliment me. Right now I'm a bag lady and plan to be theat way for at least another 10-20 lbs, or when the local thrift shop has their half price day!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #38  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

WI today...I made it into the 160's! Wahoo! It might be 169.8 but it is still in the 160's!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #39  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
WI today...I made it into the 160's! Wahoo! It might be 169.8 but it is still in the 160's!!
Freaking awesome! I am fighting my way down there too, and I think I am going to totally cry when I make it! Congrats!!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #40  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Morning all! I am reporting from bed. So tired after staying up too late going through my clothes and culling out that which no longer fits. This diet is awesome for making you face all of that accumulation you amass in your life. I now the proud owner of only a handful of pants and skirts, rather than a plethora. It's crazy, but good. I just need to get my hands in some basics ( black sheath dress, pencil skirt, etc.) as i am fortunate that my tops still (kind of) fit due to my "twins" not having changed much.

Onwards and upwards. Hope all have a good day!!
Man it almost feels as good to rid yourself of the "plethora" as it does to lose weight...almost
Old 08-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #41  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I have been hovering, but not breaking into the 160's for about 3 weeks. Weighed yesterday and dropped 2 lbs...now at 168.6. Had to step on the scale 3's to make sure it was true
Old 08-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hi everyone!!

So, today is the day... I think. Okay, no! Today is Day 1 of being 100% OP!! I can do this. I placed a decent sized order with Nashua today, and another one with Netrition, for some supplies. So excited to get this stuff in. I'm not sure how committed DH is, but we're trying, and that's a good place to start.

Hope all have a great day!
Yay! Congratulations on taking this step!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Oh lady.. do I understand. Okay, not the part about them being my own kids, but I worked with two special needs kids for about a year, and man! Rewarding but TAXING!!! Big hugs to you!! I hope all works out well with your kids, and they get the help and support they need.
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
This is tough so lots of {{Hugs}} to you! As parents, we take on so much for our children - we hurt for them - and we take everything bad so personally. I hope things get better for you and them.

Instead of a run - how about going for a walk? Still exercise but not too strenuous and still gets you out of the house. I find it helps me to "talk things out" in my head when I walk.

Jo

Thank you, so much! I really appreciate your kind words. I will consider getting out for a walk if I can coordinate it into the kids' bedtime routine with my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Drank all my water yesterday and ate dinner at a reasonable hour and I'm down 2 lbs this am. Clearly my 0 weight loss last week was because I wasn't getting my water and eating so late, which is what I thought.
Great! I will keep that in mind too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
I have been off program for a month give or take due to some severe digestive issues. Thinking it may have been due to too much soy, but no proof of that yet.

I managed to keep off the weight I had lost (yay) - actually I even lost an additional 3 lbs. but after last weeks vacation and TOM I am weighing in today at the exact same weight as when I left.

So I am going to try and minimize the soy this time as I think it may be the culprit. I will be subbing eggs with veggies for packets at lunch time unless I am not at home. I am moving forward without a coach this time since I am planning to do one week on - one week off cycles. On the 'off' weeks I will be eating primal - no grains, legumes, sugars, no processed foods - just good quality meat and local seafood, local seasonal veggies/berries and grass fed/unpasteurized full fat dairy.

I've been concentrating on organic local produce, grass fed meats and pastured eggs, being fortunate enough to live in an area where I have easy access to these items. I am hoping that changing it up this way will keep my body nourished and keep my metabolism from crashing. Once I have lost 10-15 more lbs. I plan to commit completely to primal eating.
Looks like you have a plan and you will get 'er done!

Quote:
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I have been hovering, but not breaking into the 160's for about 3 weeks. Weighed yesterday and dropped 2 lbs...now at 168.6. Had to step on the scale 3's to make sure it was true

Congratulations to you both!!! Keep rockin' it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Morning all! I am reporting from bed. So tired after staying up too late going through my clothes and culling out that which no longer fits. This diet is awesome for making you face all of that accumulation you amass in your life. I now the proud owner of only a handful of pants and skirts, rather than a plethora. It's crazy, but good. I just need to get my hands in some basics ( black sheath dress, pencil skirt, etc.) as i am fortunate that my tops still (kind of) fit due to my "twins" not having changed much.

Onwards and upwards. Hope all have a good day!!
Wonderful! My closet has clothes from size 9 to size 18... and I can't find anything to wear most of the time! I am so sick of yo-yo'ing. Good for you!

Quote:
&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinintherain View Post
Congratulations PurpleMomster!!

I made it under 200 this week too. 199.2 this morning.

Congratulations to you both and welcome to one-derland!!!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-07-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #43  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Wow lots of awesome losing news today!

Congrats on staying OP through a surgery Bellamack!

I just made it through a week long road trip OP and don't know if I could have done it on any other program. I managed to lose 4.2 which is my biggest loss since week two! Need to update my stats!

Hugs to all of those struggling with things today.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone--
I'm starting back on phase 1 after a 2 month pause. I'm looking forward to getting these last pounds off -- maintenance was harder than I anticipated, but here I am!
Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 225/180/160

Height: 5'7

Hello all! Had my WI today and while I was only down 2.1 for this week (which is fine of course) my couch did my bmi scan. In 6 weeks, my body fat % is down 10% and my lean mass up 5%! Go IP!!
Closed Thread