Old 03-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default Coach Rant

I started this IP because I have heard such great things about it. I love the diet! I have lost 20 pounds in under 5 weeks however I can't stand my coach! He is not helpful in answering questions, has a sleazy car salesman vibe to him, accused me of cheating the 1st week because I only lost 4 pounds and he was expecting more and I just don't think our personalities mesh well. Unfortunately, he is the only provider of these products in my area. The thought of dealing with him for the next 4-6 months makes my skin crawl. I'm tempted to try to do this by buying products on ebay. Has anyone tried to do this without a coach?
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:16 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

my husband and i bought actual IP chips off ebay. My only complaint with that is.. it did not come with the actual box, the packages in the box arrived in an envelope big enough to have 7 of the packets placed in it (instead of the original box). He emailed the seller to ask why this was not ship with the original box and the seller responded they never had issues before. So to each is their own. That was the last we ordered, since then we have ordered the alt. products that are within guide line of the IP way.

Hope this helps.

Ps. For the coach -- have you talked to him about this? Call him out and let him know YOU are the one who is paying for help and expect you two to be on the same team. etc.
danilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #3  

danilynn - Oh shoot! I was hoping that the quality of the ebay items would be exactly the same.. Oh well - Thanks for the information!!
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #4  

Height: 5 '6

I didn't have a great experience when I went in for a consult with a local dealer (the only one in the area). Fortunately I knew someone who is a dealer from a distant town. She agreed to take me on and ships my food once a month. I weigh and measure myself then we have a telephone apt once a week. It works great! I would try to go that route if you can find a good coach elsewhere.
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:46 PM   #5  
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
danilynn - Oh shoot! I was hoping that the quality of the ebay items would be exactly the same.. Oh well - Thanks for the information!!
it all depends on the seller really. We didn't bother to ask for the original box -- we just assumed and was quite shocked it didn't come with it.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:28 PM   #6  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
I started this IP because I have heard such great things about it. I love the diet! I have lost 20 pounds in under 5 weeks however I can't stand my coach! He is not helpful in answering questions, has a sleazy car salesman vibe to him, accused me of cheating the 1st week because I only lost 4 pounds and he was expecting more and I just don't think our personalities mesh well. Unfortunately, he is the only provider of these products in my area. The thought of dealing with him for the next 4-6 months makes my skin crawl. I'm tempted to try to do this by buying products on ebay. Has anyone tried to do this without a coach?
I was dissatisfied with the coaching and the cost of the products, and after 8 weeks ventured off on my own, with the help of this web site. I switched to alternative products that are IP compliant and are much less expensive...less than half the price.

There are alternative threads you should read through. Also, I am attaching the alternative requirements guidelines someone else came up with. This is handy when looking to buy products on your own that fit the IP protocol. If you decide to switch to products other than IP brand you will find a lot of variety and most are nearly identical to what IP sells.

You can buy foods at Nashua Nurtrition, Diet Direct, and other sites, as well as locally at Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, Costco, and even your regular grocery store.

There is an alternative IP program, for people with certain medical concerns. However, this is not that...it is just doing IP using alternative packaged protein foods.

Good luck to you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alternative Requirements.jpg (26.9 KB, 51 views)
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I am doing this sans the coach. I get my help and support from all the IPers on here.

Remember you are your coach's "employer" and if he is acting like all he cares about is money then you need to lay things out on the table. Also it seems like so many coach complaints show that they do not get proper training and a little 411 that no two people will lose weight the same. Each of our blue prints is different- we do not fit all into one profile and the expectations that you should have lost more is crazy.

That is my 2 cents -says the girl with no coach LOL.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
You can buy foods at Nashua Nurtrition, Diet Direct, and other sites, as well as locally at Walmart, Sam's Club, Target, Costco, and even your regular grocery store.

Other than the restricted, RTD shakes what else can you get from sams or walmart?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #9  

Dak1lls- thank you for all the information!! When you made the switch to alternatives did you notice a decrease in weight loss or was it about the same? I'm a little nervous to make the switch....
Old 03-11-2014, 04:07 PM   #10  

SarahBell- I totally agree! This forum provides such a wealth of information and support! It's great - so glad I stumbled upon it!!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM   #11  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Other than the restricted, RTD shakes what else can you get from sams or walmart?
I get detour bars at my wholesale club.

Quote:
I have never had a coach, and have lost over fifty pounds in my five months OP. Hubby has lost over seventy pounds in the same time frame, and has done the last two months without a coach.
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #12  
banned

murphypuppy-- i never started the IP with a coach. So i can only be biased when i say I have used the Alt products and still losing weight. Though in the beginning i did a lot of reading on this forum first so i could really understand the basics. To this date, i am still learning from all the ladies here and i am loosing weight. My weigh in is tomorrow morning on my scale .. this will be my 2nd official week. Everyone loses weight at their own pace.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #13  

do coaches get any form of sensitivity training? I think because it seems that most (maybe I am wrong) have been a client of IP and lost weight themselves, you would think that they would have a clue how to treat a person who is embarking on a looooooooong journey/life style change with compassion and care- not setting these un real expectations for everyone
Old 03-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Dak1lls- thank you for all the information!! When you made the switch to alternatives did you notice a decrease in weight loss or was it about the same? I'm a little nervous to make the switch....
I lost the same average per week on alternatives as I did when I used IP products. Just do your homework, you can ask question here anytime.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:44 PM   #15  

Yay! I found another clinic - it's a decent drive away but I think it will be worth it! Just talking to them over the phone, I got a better vibe - way less "swarmy cars salesman" and more "health coach".. Woot-Woo! Relieved!!