Old 08-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default restricted confusions.. help pls!

I have been looking through the forum and am a little confused.. I was told that we could have 2 non-restricted packets and 1 restricted item per day, including the first week on the diet.. I have read other places that you can't have restricted until you are almost at goal or during the first few weeks. Can someone please clarify? Advice/opinions would be really appreciated. Thanks guys!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #2  

Jojo:
There is SO MUCH to learn on IP.
Follow your coach's rules.

IP used to have the rule about restricteds (kind of a detox time) but learned that they get better diet compliance if they allow restricteds from the beginning.
If your coach said 2 non & 1 restricted/day GO WITH IT!
It is 100% what the sheet says.

All the other stuff around here is rules from the past or those silly "house rules" some coaches have, either because they haven't kept current or because they don't want to implement changes.

Welcome to IP, your LAST diet. When we do it right & follow all four phases correctly, we'll never have to diet again!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

I've never heard anything other than 1 restricted and 2 unrestricted per day. If you are starving during your first week you can have an extra packet, my coach never specified whether or not it needed to be restricted or unrestricted. As far as Phase 2 or 3, I don't know, I haven't gotten there.
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the response Lisa! I assumed as long as it was on the sheet it was fine, I am just concerned about it hindering my weight loss. You look fabulous in your pics.. congrats on your weight loss! I have seen a lot of your responses, you know so much, let me know if you have any personal tips for me, I do as much research as I can but it's always nice to hear new stuff or things I might miss!

Thanks also to Coloradogirl.. Congrats on your loss, judging by your ticker you are doing great!

Last edited by jojobananas; 08-05-2013 at 02:59 PM.
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobananas View Post
Thanks for the response Lisa! I assumed as long as it was on the sheet it was fine, I am just concerned about it hindering my weight loss. You look fabulous in your pics.. congrats on your weight loss! I have seen a lot of your responses, you know so much, let me know if you have any personal tips for me, I do as much research as I can but it's always nice to hear new stuff or things I might miss!

Thanks also to Coloradogirl.. Congrats on your loss, judging by your ticker you are doing great!
Just keep on reading. You are totally in the right place.
Be sure to visit the threads posted in the first post of the daily thread. They are there for a reason. Hugely helpful and tons of info there!

I couldn't have done this plan for this long without the recipe threads.

I post my pic b/c I know a picture speaks 1000 words. Anyone can put anything on a ticker (hopefully most are honest) but pics don't lie (well, photoshop can but man-oh-man, you couldn't photoshop me out of THAT body! I was miserable). IP works and it is changing my life!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobananas View Post

Thank you! IP is amazing!!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I've never heard anything other than 1 restricted and 2 unrestricted per day. If you are starving during your first week you can have an extra packet, my coach never specified whether or not it needed to be restricted or unrestricted.
Only one packet/day would be restricted.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #8  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I had doubled checked with my coach shortly after I started for clarification, and her reply was 3 packs a day but only 1restricted. I don't have one everyday but I do have one 3-4 times a week and my loss has been steady.

The sheet you received is your bible, albeit a small one page bible!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
The sheet you received is your bible, albeit a small one page bible!
Amen!
Where in sask are u Maxxy
saskgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #10  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Saskgirl. I am in Regina
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all