Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/163/135

Height: 5'4"

Default had a bit of a slip

So I went away with my boyfriend this weekend and intended on staying 100% on plan the whole weekend, I packed my foods with all my containers and condiments... and left them on the kitchen counter! I didn't realize it until we were at our destination. Of course I was planning on eating when we got there so I hadn't eaten all day and was starving once dinner came. I tried to make all protein choices but since the place he took me had limited options it was tough. I am pretty sure I am out of ketosis though I don't feel nearly as good this morning as I have felt the past couple of weeks on the diet. But I have all my foods and water at work with me today and since there are no unexpected events in the near future I should be fine.. Time to re-boot for the week and get my butt back into ketosis. Just looking for some support and I figure writing down that I am going to get back in gear will keep me accountable. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
jojobananas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #2  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

no worries. today is a new day.
floridasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

We've got you! Stick to it! You can and will definitely do this because you want it! Life is full of baby steps so keep on steppin'!
Balanced Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #4  

Height: 5'5"

We all have "oops" moments. The difference is what you do with them! You got this!!!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Jojo - I know exactly how you feel! I did the same thing two months ago when I went out of town on a work conference. Packed everything up and left the bag on the counter! I even posted on here, asking for suggestions on what I should do. That's when I found out about the EAS carb advantage RTDs, among other ideas. (What's ironic is that I hadn't thought about alternatives before that, but when I saw the price difference, it really hit me how much I could save! So, in a weird way, my mistake prompted me to re-evaluate how I was doing IP! )

I ended up not losing much in my next weigh in because I wasn't able to buy those RTDs at that point, but I got right back on the plan when I got home. Sounds like that's what you're doing too. And that's the most important thing!! Good luck!
roxanne1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #6  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Just curious- what did you end up eating? And I agree- today is a new day! Forget about it and move on! Life happens!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobananas View Post
So I went away with my boyfriend this weekend and intended on staying 100% on plan the whole weekend, I packed my foods with all my containers and condiments... and left them on the kitchen counter! I didn't realize it until we were at our destination. Of course I was planning on eating when we got there so I hadn't eaten all day and was starving once dinner came. I tried to make all protein choices but since the place he took me had limited options it was tough. I am pretty sure I am out of ketosis though I don't feel nearly as good this morning as I have felt the past couple of weeks on the diet. But I have all my foods and water at work with me today and since there are no unexpected events in the near future I should be fine.. Time to re-boot for the week and get my butt back into ketosis. Just looking for some support and I figure writing down that I am going to get back in gear will keep me accountable. Hope everyone is having a fabulous day!
Sorry you have had to experience this but next time don't be afraid to ask for double plain steamed veggies an entree with no starch or sauce. Not many restaurants are unwilling or unable to prepare something basic. Too many diabetics in this world for them to limit their clientele. It is possible to eat out for several days and not get off track on the total calories, carbs or protein guidelines IP is designed around. It's just up to us to request it.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote