Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Does anyone eat the Quest Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars as their restricted. I have been using it and I think it has too many carbs. Please let me know...thanks
I've been using it as a super restricted (no more than twice/week)
Old 08-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #77  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Evening everyone!

FloridaSunshine - WOW! I know everyone else said it, but I just wanted to add my two cents. You look amazing!

Rainbow: Welcome back! Like many other said, I feel like I know you as I have read & used so many of your great recipes. You are really creative and I am glad to see you back on track!

Not my best WI so far. .4 lost - but the scale is headed in the right direction so I will keep positive about it. Easier said than done. I talked it through with my DH and I am actually ok with it. This last week was really hard, and I wasn't great about eating on time (long stretches without food, trying to fit in everything I missed at night, skipping meals) so I am actually glad I have the opportunity to see my behavior and improve, rather than skate through while being lax. Sounds perverse, but it works for me. lol

Have a great night all!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #78  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Great job quitting the soda. Mine was diet coke. It's crazy to think about the hold it had on my daily life. We are much better without it! Whatever decision you make, you'll stick with it...piece of cake after giving up diet pop.
I gave up diet soda years ago but still drank it as an occasional splurge. Since starting IP I have had one diet soda, and I found I no longer like the taste at all, in fact I dislike it now. Our tastes do change.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #79  
IP Start 2/5/13

Rainbow, so good to have you back, we missed you!

Lisa, have a great first day back on the job tomorrow.

Everyone, keep up the strong work!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
Does anyone eat the Quest Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars as their restricted. I have been using it and I think it has too many carbs. Please let me know...thanks
Just bought another box at GNC today along with some other flavors to try. I use it as my daily restricted and am meeting my weight loss goals. I think Lisa has a good idea if you are concerned about them to use 1/2 times per week as a restricted. They are delicious for sure! My hubby can't live without them lol.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

Thanks everyone about the quest bar info.
Everyone is so helpful.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #82  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

I had a serving of sugar free jell-o today for supper...anyone know if this is allowed by chance?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #83  

Default **NEW IP Questions

Hi-
I am new to the forum and have a few questions.

- what are the sites you are using to order your food? (best priced)
- anybody have issues eating lettuce (I can't eat is since I had my gallbladder out) wondering if anybody has this same issue and if they have found anything that helps them eat it without being miserable!!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
I had a serving of sugar free jell-o today for supper...anyone know if this is allowed by chance?
Why not just have a real supper?
Meat and veggies will be more satisfying AND follow the plan...
Old 08-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #85  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Wow what a nice read this thread is this evening. Congrats on all the NSVs and losses.

Florida - gorgeous dress thanks for sharing!

Rainbow let me join the other newbies in thanking you for the recipes! Looking forward to seeing you back posting.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #86  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

FloridaSunshine Love the dress, you look amazing in it! I hope your day is just as beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Welcome Back RainBow
OMG Texan, I love your new Avatar, so sexy!

Welcome back Rainbow, I have missed seeing your smiling face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
I've been MIA for the past couple of weeks due to a dead monitor. It is good to be back! I have missed you all -- wondering how you are doing and when I have questions. You are all looking fantastic, btw.
I have so missed you SylviesGirl, glad to see your back

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrileyart View Post
Hi All! I'm a little late to the party, but I'm here now. I've really been enjoying these IP message boards. I've been on IP for almost a month - started July 10th. To date I've lost 10.5 lbs and 2 inches each off bust, waist arms and hips. I'm SO very excited.

My energy level has been great. I finally stopped drinking Diet Pepsi, something I thought I would never be able to do. It has also made a world of difference.

My son is getting married Labor Day weekend and I have to make a decision whether to phase out now so I'm ready to sip champagne and eat cake or stick with the program through the wedding. I would go back to protocol after the wedding. I'm only 1/2 to 1/3 of the way to goal weight.

The weight loss and way I feel now are so addicting, I really think I'd rather stay on protocol over the 3 days of the event. I know it's easy to say that now without all the temptation of the festivities. If I stay on IP I know I won't cheat. SO it's decision time now with no turning back.

Thoughts?
From my experiences of reading here mostly, but also knowing how much of this diet and any future success is based on where you are in your own head. I would say this time is about learning how to make special occasions about the people and the event and not food. Lisa has said this many times and I believe it really is true, that we will have to learn to plan for these events and follow through with said plans.
Also stopping or phasing out can be done (at least one whose name I don't recall at the moment has done it in my time here), but also as seen by Rainbow's return post today, it can be hard to finally manage to accomplish the full return to OP. For me I don't think I will take the gamble because I am finally winning at this weight loss thing.
In the end though, you must make your own decision. I hope you take the time to really think about the pros and cons of going each way and then do what is best for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akramer View Post
what are the sites you are using to order your food? (best priced)
I buy my EAS CarbAdvantage shakes either from work, basically a Kroger or the local Wal-Mart. The rest of my stuff from puddings to oatmeal to snacks like bars and chips I get from Nashua Nutrition. I Paid for a lifetime membership which was 29.95 I believe and every time I log in to my account to order I get a 10% discount, plus if there is any special codes I have seen here or anywhere else that gets added as well. I love their customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
For some reason, counting how many times I swallow while drinking seems to help me get the water down, and then some. I try to take ten "swallows" each time I drink, which equals out to about a cup for me.
Very interesting concept Susie. I know people add things like Mio but I just can't (even lemon and lime wedges seem to make it harder to drink my water.) I don't like the taste of any of them and I have tried every one I could find that was compliant with the program. Thankfully though I now am having an easier time, well as long as I bring home filtered water from work for my days off

Today was my 28th WI and down 3.2 pounds, Just 2.6 pounds from my goal that I set for myself when I started this diet in January. Why did I set it so high? Because like a few have even said today, I didn't believe I could make it even this far!!! So now over the next week or so while I lose this two plus pounds, I will be thinking of what my ticker should be changed to. It's just hard to come up with a number when what I want now is to find my body's "happy place"

There was talk of clothing sizes, off and on probably since I started reading the forums. You know how we want to be a size x because that's what we were at whatever stage in our life or being amazed that hey I am in a size x now and am so many pounds heavier than the last time I could wear this size which was a lotta years ago, and other themes on this topic. Well I have a good friend whose wife has owned a very nice upscale fashion boutique since I believe the early 80's (I was just talking to her at the wedding I went to on Saturday, 'cause I was all kinds of excited to be wearing a size 10 dress! When I moved to town I realized I would never be able to buy anything in there because the largest size seemed to be a 10. Since then, well since losing on this diet and getting into a size 10, which is smaller than I was in HS but also 30 pounds heavier.) I asked her about it. She snorted and said it's called Vanity Sizing and has been going on for as long as she has owned her store. (Honestly I bet I still can't fit into anything in her store)

But upon thinking about it I wondered if it was just one persons view of the fashion industry and went looking online finding several links about it, including a Wikipedia entry:
Quote:
"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vanity sizing, also known as size inflation refers to the phenomenon of ready-to-wear clothing of the same nominal size becoming bigger in physical size over time. This has been documented primarily in the United States and the United Kingdom. Vanity sizing tends to occur in places where clothing sizes are not standardized, such as the US. In the US, although clothing size standards exist (i.e. ASTM), most companies do not use them anymore.

Size inconsistency have existed since at least 1937. In Sears's 1937 catalog, a size 14 dress had a bust size of 32 inches (81 cm). In 1967, the same bust size was a size 8. In 2011, it was a size 0. Some argue that vanity sizing is designed to satisfy wearers' wishes to appear thin and feel better about themselves. Designer Nicole Miller introduced size 0 because of its strong California presence and to satisfy the request of many Asian customers. It introduced subzero sizes for naturally petite women. However, the increasing size of clothing with the same nominal size caused Nicole Miller to introduce size 0, 00, or subzero sizes.

In 2003, a study that measured over 1,000 pairs of women's pants found that pants from more expensive brands tended to be smaller than those from cheaper brands with the same nominal size."

A news report, nice video: http://www.cbs58.com/news/local-news...187528411.html

and a report from The Daily Mail, a UK online paper:
Quote:
'Vanity super-sizing': How a women's size 10 has grown by four inches over the past 40 years'

By Ian Garland

PUBLISHED: 04:21 EST, 9 April 2012 | UPDATED: 21:32 EST, 9 April 2012

The average pair of women's trousers is four inches bigger than it was 40 years ago, according to a new study.

A size 10 waist has grown from 24 inches back in 1975 to 28 inches now.

And bigger bellies aren't to blame - it's all in the hips. Researchers found the average hip size has grown by three inches over the same period.
A size 10 waist has grown from 24 to 28 inches since 1975

A size 10 waist has grown from 24 to 28 inches since 1975

The findings mean women who are a size 10 now would have had to buy size 14 trousers in 1975. And those who were size 14 then would be an unflattering size 18 now.

According to fashion experts, clothes makers have stretched sizes out over the past four decades, to hide the fact women are slowly getting bigger and bigger.

Gemma Seager, from fashion blog Retro Chick described the trend as 'vanity sizing'.

She told the Daily Express: 'There's definitely an element of trying to flatter women who are going to be delighted if they fit into a smaller dress.

'If you look back you can see a gradual change decade by decade, so someone who wears a modern Size 10 would be a Size 12 from the Eighties, a 14 in the Seventies and a 16 to 18 in vintage clothing from the Fifties. Retailers know it's a bonus if a woman finds an item she likes and it's a smaller size than she generally wears.'
Gemma Seager, founder of Retrochick.co.uk, is campaigning for clearer sizing on clothes

Gemma Seager, founder of Retrochick.co.uk, is campaigning for clearer sizing on clothes

Men aren't affected by 'vanity sizing' because their trousers are measured in inches.

But it's an issue that gives women across the country a headache every time they hit the shops.

Because not only have clothes sizes changed over the decades - they vary from shop to shop.

Ms Seager claims the constantly changing sizes makes it hard for women to figure out what size to buy - particularly when a size 10 in one shop is a size 12 in another.

Her concerns prompted her to launch the Campaign for Clearer Clothing Sizes, which calls on retailers to put exact measurements on labels and publish size charts online.

She said: 'Most women don't care that much what size is on the label as long as the garment fits them well.'

Last edited by MntRose; 08-05-2013 at 11:14 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #87  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
Why not just have a real supper?
Meat and veggies will be more satisfying AND follow the plan...
Sorry- I meant for dessert. We had family over for supper and they all had cake- so my dessert was SF jello. I was just wondering if anyone else its it while on IP. I really can't see why not. I don't have the nutrition facts handy...but it has no sugar, no carbs...1g of protein and like 20-50 calories.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Sorry- I meant for dessert. We had family over for supper and they all had cake- so my dessert was SF jello. I was just wondering if anyone else its it while on IP. I really can't see why not. I don't have the nutrition facts handy...but it has no sugar, no carbs...1g of protein and like 20-50 calories.
Depending on what it's sweetened with- some sweeteners are not allowed - that's why sugar free gum is not on the approved list because added up you do get carbs
It all comes down to - if you want the best results - eat only from the sheet you were given by your clinic
It is a science and they found the right balance
Like Maxxi said - it should be your bible
If u didn't get a copy from your clinic I can send you a pdf
(And there is a IP packet of jello that is approved)
Old 08-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #89  
IP Start 2/5/13

I use Knox gelatin and then add Mio flavoring to it. Be sure to check the label of SF Jello as I am not sure if it's sweetened with aspartame, which isn't allowed on IP.

Jello makes an excellent snack for the times when I just gotta have something!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
thanks pretty lady!

i bought my dress at my current size (it's a 14). i was fitting into 12s too, but this one looks good at this size. wedding dresses run super small - i'm wearing 10s in "street clothes". everyone was rushing me to buy my dress now, saying that i was running out of time... so i bought one that fits me right now thinking that it's easier to take in a dress, as opposed to letting it out if i never get down to just the right size. i was too late to order anything custom, so i bought a dress off the rack. no complaints from me though!

the wedding is october 5th, so i thought that i would possibly lose a few inches but it's a silk dress with lace overlay - so a few inches would probably make the dress look/fit better. i'm going to have a seamstress add some darts at the breasts... and hopefully take in a few inches off the hips once i get closer to the wedding.

me trying to take a selfie of the dress.. best i can do for now!

Wow! Your body looks gorgeous in that dress!
Closed Thread