Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
I'm with you, don't you wish we had a bit of control over where the inch loss comes from...lol. I haven't been shopping yet for new bra's I'm hoping to only have to do that once. I'm trying to wait until I'm closer to my goal.

I went to help my son move yesterday, I did okay with staying OP. I know I didnt get all my veggies in. I did a choc shake with spinach in the morning before leaving, a shake and salad for lunch and dinner and a peanut crunch bar for snack. Man I love the bars and I almost never have them, its too easy for me to just grab another, its like candy. I only have 1 or 2 in the house to take for a day like yesterday. The guys had pizza and beer, cookies I had made for them, I stuck with the IP. I didnt get home until midnight and was starving, I'm usually asleep for 2 hours by then, I had a glass of water and went to bed hungry.

Congrats to all who lost and who stayed OP!!!!!
Way to plan and stay OP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Good morning, all! Waiting to get back into ketosis now that my scopes are done. All that crazy bowel prep leaves me so bloated because of the electrolyte imbalance, etc. Good news is that I got a clean bill of health on my GI track, so its just a minor set back.

I am five pounds from goal, so have begun reading up on P2 and P3 so I will be prepared. I am an information hog, so i spend lots of time reading.

Happy day to all - live it one day at a time!
Georgia
Glad to hear you got a clean bill of health. You will be on maintenance before you know it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSEMDEE View Post
This is kinda off topic but need help anyway.
Since I have lost almost 50 lbs I need new clothing. I am going on a family vacay to Kalispel and Missoula, MT. Is the shopping there worth while? I am still wearing an 18T (almost 16T!) pant but 14 top.
No idea about the shopping, but isn't it great when clothes aren't fitting anymore! My kids would call my pants 'clown pants' when I was still trying to still get away with wearing pants that were way too big. Good problem to have. Before IP, I would dread getting dressed and trying desperately to fit into something in my dresser or closet, and feeling pretty down.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #62  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSEMDEE View Post
This is kinda off topic but need help anyway.
Since I have lost almost 50 lbs I need new clothing. I am going on a family vacay to Kalispel and Missoula, MT. Is the shopping there worth while? I am still wearing an 18T (almost 16T!) pant but 14 top.
Just got back from Kalispell, I wouldn't think the shopping is any better in MT than where you're from, unless you're from a small town. Best store there was a quilting shop!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #63  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Just got back from Kalispell, I wouldn't think the shopping is any better in MT than where you're from, unless you're from a small town. Best store there was a quilting shop!
I think Missoula has better shopping than Kalispell, but "good" shopping is a relative term. lol. They have a Southgate Mall and you can go to their web site to see which stores they have. Also, I think they have a couple of 2nd hand shops, but those might be geared to a younger demo. Not sure what you're looking for.

Good luck and happy shopping. I am excited to buy some new things, but for now am wearing my baggy pants and older clothes I have hung on to. I know I will need to do something, but am hoping I can wait it out and not spend money on things I won't be able to keep. I am thinking of investing in a couple feet of rope to cinch up my pants. lol.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #64  

Lisa, congrats! What an inspiration you are for us. Thanks for the thread advise on P3. Ironically, I have always been a coffee only breakfast kinda gal, but I am looking forward to my new eating pattern.

To add a little different twist to today, let me ask each of you, what is/are the foods or products you have discovered on IP that you would use from here on out?

I was amazed at how great Heinz 1carb catsup is.
Love rutabagas And rhubarb (but it is really hard to find here)

What about ya'll?
Old 08-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #65  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

I am so disappointed in myself. We were invited to a neighbours for dinner last night. We are all new in our condo complex and it was their way of getting to know us. She went above and beyond! So I had chicken, the salad was layered so I dug way down and only got a trickle of the dressing, the veggies were sliced carrots and peas so I took 2 little slices only but....there was wine poured and when a toast was made, I had a couple sips. I am so upset with myself. I didn't even look at dessert and I checked today and I am still in ketosis.

It was a very thoughtful evening on their part and at the time I made the best decisions I could. I feel like an alcoholic starting all over....

Hopefully I have not done any damage. NOTHING will tempt me today. I wasn't really tempted yesterday, I was just trying to do the best I could without offending. ARGH!!!!
Old 08-04-2013, 11:48 AM   #66  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
I am so disappointed in myself. We were invited to a neighbours for dinner last night. We are all new in our condo complex and it was their way of getting to know us. She went above and beyond! So I had chicken, the salad was layered so I dug way down and only got a trickle of the dressing, the veggies were sliced carrots and peas so I took 2 little slices only but....there was wine poured and when a toast was made, I had a couple sips. I am so upset with myself. I didn't even look at dessert and I checked today and I am still in ketosis.

It was a very thoughtful evening on their part and at the time I made the best decisions I could. I feel like an alcoholic starting all over....

Hopefully I have not done any damage. NOTHING will tempt me today. I wasn't really tempted yesterday, I was just trying to do the best I could without offending. ARGH!!!!
Hey, you did the best you could under the circumstances. You probably made healthier choices than you would have in the past. And.....you skipped dessert! Don't beat yourself up, and go with your plan of staying OP moving forward. It can be awkward not eating when invited to a dinner with someone you are just meeting, or bringing your own food. We are all faced with these types of situations and you need to navigate the social side as well as the IP side.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Shopping to me is always about the Quilt Shops, lol. I LOVE FABRIC!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #68  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Be sure to spend some time with the P3 breakfast thread.
P2 really isn't that big of a change but P3 sure is!

Drumroll
For those if you who have been here all summer, you know I phased off to give my thyroid a break from the VLC diet. I've been back on p1 solidly since Monday and even last Sunday, I was pretty close, perhaps shy on the veggies due to travel.

I'm down 4.8 since my last WI and actually more than that b/c I was fluctuating up and down in June. I broke the impenetrable 170 barrier! I LITERALLY cannot remember the last time in my adult life I was this "small".

My next mini goal is to break the 100-off mark. Lets hope my metabolism is happy now and it will be a short trip.
Congrats! That is really exciting, inspiring, and I hope it is a relief to you to know that you don't have to be in phase 1 to maintain a healthy lifestyle, but that IP supports a complete life change.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:33 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Lisa: Congratulations! How wonderful for you! And thank you so much for all of the useful information.

Maxxy: I think you did great under the circumstances without being rude or sabotaging your efforts. Kudos to you!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 235/180 (start IP)/TICKER/145

Height: 5"5

I have ALWAYS been big (biggest adult weight 235 lbs) and about five years ago I got fed up with it. I changed my diet drastically for the first time in my life and surprise surprise the weight came off! I started exercising and continued to eat healthy. I got down to 150 lbs (which was the smallest weight that I'd ever seen for myself). I kept it off for two years. HOWEVER...I met my soulmate 3 years ago and ever since then I have noticed those old habits (and number on the scale) creep back. I got up to 180 lbs and with each bite I felt guilty and hated that I was going back in that direction , but I still indulged in my bad foods on most days and was on again off again every other week of "trying to do good". On May 28th I started Ideal Protein to help me lose the weight again after Weight Watchers didnt work (probably because it was too much freedom for me). I made it about 4 weeks and got back down to 163. Because the weight was coming off so fast and so easily, I figured that one bite of a cookie wouldnt hurt. Well that was all it took. ONE FREAKING BITE!! I havent stayed on plan for more than two days since!! Now I am scared to get back on the scale. I am avoiding it at all cost because I dont want to face the consequences of what Ive done!
I usually start the day off with every ounce of motivation and determination to do good. I plan out my meals, add it to my Fitness Pal diary, and prepare them. After a good healthy breakfast, lunch rolls around. Usually way before lunch I am already thinking about how hungry I am. Then I convince myself that what I brought wasnt good enough. This is where things go bad. I either eat what I brought and still convince myself that I need a "snack" and that all the snacks I brought are gross. Once I give in a lunch and get a naughty treat then the rest of the day is crap! Like yesterday for example. I had a healthy protein shake for breakfast and brought 2 cups of steamed broccoli and 4 oz of chicken for lunch. After lunch I just kept thinking I needed something sweet. I guzzled down some water and still wanted something sweet. I couldnt fight it. I didnt fight it. I gave in. I went down stairs to our gift shop ( I work at a pediatric hospital with an AMAZING candy selection :/ ) I started looking at all of the candy and snacks and then thought I wanted something sweet and salty. Instead of just getting a plain dark chocolate bar and breaking off a small piece like a normal person would have, I chose to have a 1/4 lb bag of chocolate covered pretzels. I was sooooo excited about getting back to the unit to eat these tasty jokers that I didnt think twice about the promise I made to myself and my husband that morning that I was going to do this and do this right! And I definitely ignored the consequences. However, I actually remember riding the elevator back up to my unit and thinking "what am I doing? I need to just throw these away, I dont need them." But then before I knew it I was thinking about how good they were going to taste. That whole bag was gone in a matter of minutes and in my mind so was the entire day.
Last night was a repeat of every other freaking day. When I got off of work, I thought I might as well have pizza for dinner since i already messed up today. I can always start again tomorrow. Oh ya...and since Im on a roll let me just have an ice cream sandwich for dessert because I NEED it! Then once all of that lovely tasty mess settles is when its time for bed. I go to the bedroom to change and walk past the mirror. I make a point to turn sideways as I take my shirt off. As I think to myself, "YOUR FAT GUT IS EVEN FATTER NOW YOU BIG GLUTONOUS FAT ***", I whine and mope and complain to my poor husband who is actually a recovering drug addict and understands addiction better than anyone. He just tells me to take it one day at a time and to think of my food addiction being just like his drug addiction. I joked with him that I may need to start going to his 12 step meetings with him and he suggested for me just replace the word "drug" with food. But we both know that it’s no joke. It’s totally true. Same patterns and behaviors and same thought process as a drug addict. "One is too many and a thousand is never enough" is the quote that I have heard from him time and time again. Totally rings true. HOWEVER...even thought I know that it’s EXACTLY the same thing, I make excuses for myself like "well my food addiction isn’t going to land me in jail" and” I don’t steal to get my hands on food or money for food". I always have an excuse. All the advice and support that I give my husband and he gives me just flies out the window when I get my mind set that I want to indulge (or "use") Its freaking pathetic. Here I have a husband who is recovering from a drug addiction since the age of 15 and here I am with my oh so sad "I’m addicted to carbs and sugar." I just want to shake myself and get a freaking grip! ITS FREAKING FOOD FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! NOT HEROIN!!! GAAHHHHHHH Whats wrong with me!?!?!??!
Old 08-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #71  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
I had to buy new bras today. Down another cup size! I'm ok with that but hoping to not lose any more boob. I haven't had this small of boobs since I was 13! I bought a new dress today, (a medium with 0 stretch and a waist!) two weeks ago when I tried it on it was too tight in the chest. Now it's a bit loose! I'm hoping I start losing more weight in my legs and hips next. I still have a bit of squish at my hips.
Getting there, slowly but surely!

I can't wait to have that problem...lol I know when I lose the weight my boobs will go with it.. but that is going to be my reward to myself.. I told myself when I lose the weight I am finally going to buy new boobs.. It gives me something to strive toward..

Congrats on your weight/inches lost so far! Kepp up the good work
Old 08-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #72  

hlfoster9290: Your honesty is refreshing. For some people, food really is an addiction. I think this is probably the case for me too. I definitely have an "all or nothing personality", so the quote you posted certainly rings true for me too.

You have to want this. You have to decide you are going to do this and are not going to let anything stand in your way. Stick to what you've packed and don't pass by the candy/sweets/cafeteria, etc. Sit somewhere alone if you can and just have what you brought and consider it "me time". Do stuff that you enjoy: crafts, reading, flipping through magazines, going for a walk outdoors, whatever you like. Keep the IP chips/cheese curls and a sweet IP bar on hand for when the cravings become too much and treat yourself with those.

The first few weeks are the toughest and it definitely does get easier after a while. The cravings do subside and feeling good takes over! It's never 100% easy but it does get way better, trust me!

You can do this but you are also really going to have to come up with a plan for maintenance not to regain like I did.

If all else fails, then you might want to try counseling if you can.

I saw this on FB today and thought I would share with you: "Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got a flat."

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-04-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #73  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Wink

Lisa: Amazing, truely amazing

Maxxy: How do you know if your still in Ketosis? My coach never explained that to me..

hlfoster9290: YOU can do this!!! You really can.. don't let one setback ruin your whole day.. on previous diets I had the same mind set.. well I messed up the day , might as well do it right... then I decided that even if I have a set back during the day I will not let it derail my whole day. Think of all the calories you can save by not just saying screw it to the whole day. Accept the slip and move on from there.. set a goal for your self. Maybe you had a cheat, but then see how many times the rest of the day you can stick to the plan.. my guess each day the 'cheats' will get fewer and fewer... Maybe start with little goals and really feel good when you reach them, knowing that if you can accomplish those goals you can accomplish anything you set your mind to... YOU CAN DO IT! I am sure we are all here for you... I know when I am feeling a little munchy I come here and I find inspiration..
Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Maxxy- you managed quite well.. !! And by being super vigilant for a day or so now IF you even did any damage.. Small problems usually won't even register.

Lisa.. Congrats on moving downward again! And good luck with school starting again nxt week. Wow... Seems like it was a short summer.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #75  

FrostyBobber: Ketostix are a tool that can be used to determine if you are in ketosis or not. Some say that they aren't completely accurate though. They can be purchased at pharmacies or on-line.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketonuria

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-04-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Closed Thread