Supplements

• I'm on alternatives but have ordered potassium/calcium from plain protein since last year. I take it even when on maintenance. My last order... A. Is on back order and
    B. is 300mg potassium NO calcium instead of 800mg and 200mg. (What I have been taking for a year) It is also more expensive.

Did they change the IP supplements all together?

And does anyone know where/if I can get the 800mg ones?

(Sorry if this was covered elsewhere)
  • No idea if it's been covered but here goes what i take and these are off the IP supp bottles...

am:
    1X 99mg potassium
    2X Cal-Mag supp (130IU of Vit D, 300mg Calcium, 150mg Magnesium, 10mg Zinc
    1X IP's multi vit's

pm:
    2X cal-Mag
    2X omegas
    1X multi vits
  • Quote: No idea if it's been covered but here goes what i take and these are off the IP supp bottles...

am:
    1X 99mg potassium
    2X Cal-Mag supp (130IU of Vit D, 300mg Calcium, 150mg Magnesium, 10mg Zinc
    1X IP's multi vit's

pm:
    2X cal-Mag
    2X omegas
    1X multi vits
    Really? Your IP potassium is only 99mg???
  • My IP Potassium Calcium is 800mg/200mg.
  • The mag/cal is one bottle
    Potassium is alone (not combined) and they changed it to a different formulation. The US FDA only allows 99 mg of this formula.
  • Quote: The mag/cal is one bottle
    Potassium is alone (not combined) and they changed it to a different formulation. The US FDA only allows 99 mg of this formula.
    Bummer!So I guess they did change it. No wonder plain protein is sold out of the 300mg.
    So odd that the US FDA only allows 99mgs when the daily reccomemded dose is 4700. I have poor circulation, night leg cramps, and bruise super easily but have noticed a change since starting the 800mg supplements last year. I have 1 pill left
  • Quote: Bummer!So I guess they did change it. No wonder plain protein is sold out of the 300mg.
    So odd that the US FDA only allows 99mgs when the daily reccomemded dose is 4700. I have poor circulation, night leg cramps, and bruise super easily but have noticed a change since starting the 800mg supplements last year. I have 1 pill left
    It depends upon which formulation of potassium you are using.
    If you read about the type they use, you will see why 99 mg is the max
    Remember,cyou also get some potassium in your food.

There was quite a discussion about it when the change occurred, if you care to read "back"
  • i would use caution when self medicating with Potassium too Ugh73

as lisa said you get a lot of Potassium from foods you eat...if you feel you need more than 99mg you should be talking to your PCP and maybe they can help give you a better idea of how much you really need....and monitor your body's tolerance of it. Too much Potassium can make a person fairly sick and pretty quickly...i would guess this is why the FDA made the changes they did...It sounds to me like you already have some health issues as well...so a MD following you in your progress with IP would be the best suggestion i could provide you GL