Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 11:10 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Susie_Bee, I am also having trouble sleeping some nights, with a lot of stiffness in my ankles, wrists, and neck. My coach said I might be taking my Cal-Mag too close to bedtime and recommended I start doing two prior to dinner and two right after dinner. Don't know if that might be an issue with you as well.

Had my 3rd weigh-in today and am a bit disappointed that I am only down 1.6 lbs. I know any loss is good, but I was really hoping I'd be back under 200 lbs by this weigh-in. Not sure what the culprit is. Too much red meat, artificial sweeteners, oils? Not enough water for a few days? Going to really step up my journaling.
I've used the Natural Calm and that helps my sleep.

Hey there girl....whoa. 1.6 is awesome! Celebrate!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #17  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post

Hey there girl....whoa. 1.6 is awesome! Celebrate!
Thanks Balanced Life. For the tip and the congrats. I know I shouldn't whine when I've lost almost 14 pounds in 3 weeks, but having had 6 pound losses the first two weeks, I guess I expected a little better.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #18  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Trundling to work on the bus so I can't really quite people but I am happy to see all of the victories - on the scale and off. Welcome back Spiritman! It sounds like an amazing one and something I would like to do but don't have the right kind of bike for that. :-)

Crazy, non-food related, dreams last night about traveling back in history to the night the Japanese bombed the US. It wasn't accurate, but it was fascinating to have the historical "knowledge" of what was going to happen and be in the moment. This has NOTHING to do with IP .... Lol. Sorry.

Have a great day all!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

The big weight losses should not be an expectation...or even possible. The first couple weeks you shed a lot of water weight. Weight loss should be looked at as an average per week...so 14 lbs/3 weeks = 4.66 per week...pretty good results.

I think a big reason people get frustrated is because they are told to expect "3-7 pounds per week". This expectation is an average, not a weekly value, and depends greatly on your current body weight...some of us don't have enough excess weight to lose 3-7 a week.

I am doing a reboot (didn't phase off correctly the first time and it has been 8 months of eating whatever I felt like). I am expecting to average 3 pounds a week (knowing my first week 8 lb loss will boost future weeks)
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #20  
Began IP January 17, 2013

S/C/G: 223/IP219.6/154.5/139

Height: 5'3

Starting week 29 of the IP journey...and I am getting close to my first goal....I love this journey....and the posts here truly help me ...Thank you all for sharing! (still trying to get to my 20 posts here!)
Old 08-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone. Starting the day out with some chicken soup. Weird breakfast but whatever works works! Do you all have trouble with the nasty aftertaste of the Omega pills? Any suggestions for how to combat it? I keep tasting fish after I take them. Ugh.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaneDeaux View Post
Do you all have trouble with the nasty aftertaste of the Omega pills? Any suggestions for how to combat it? I keep tasting fish after I take them. Ugh.
Keeping the bottle in the freezer will help!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #23  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

Back from WI week 7. After skipping WIs 5 & 6 for vacation, I am down another 13 pounds, for a total of 27 so far.

Things I learned on vacation: My teeth/gums are too old for beef jerky; Cascade Ice is much better than Sparkling Ice and both are too sweet for me now; and rhubarb really is as tart as everyone says.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:24 PM   #24  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

So, decided to see what I could find to motivate us when we have a "slow-loss" week and this is what I found on google. First time attaching a picture, so I hope it works!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1lb.jpg (20.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello fellow IPers. With the start of August arriving, that means county fair is around the corner. I have come to the decision that it would not be a wise choice for me to attend this year. Too many temptations, and definitely not enough IP friendly choices that come to mind. As much as this is frustrating, I know that this is only a temporary thing, and next year I will be able to go and enjoy it again.

Anyone planning on attending their fair? And what kind of things are you planning to avoid the pitfalls of "Fair Food"?
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #26  
I did it!

S/C/G: 152.8/129/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! I went for my first WI even though I have only been on it since Monday. I want to keep my WI's on Thursday, so I went. I wasn't expecting much and my coach told me to not be disappointed. Well... 4.2 lbs, 4" and 1% body fat GONE in 3 days!!!!! Needless to say, I'm ecstatic!!! Oh and she told me to just make sure I get an extra non-restricted IP or an extra 2-4 oz of meat on the days I am active. I can do that! Tomorrow is biking (the kind you have to pedal) with friends!

Good job to all of you for ANY weight loss. It's one step closer to goal!

I can't wait to finally get a ticker!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Susie_Bee, I am also having trouble sleeping some nights, with a lot of stiffness in my ankles, wrists, and neck. My coach said I might be taking my Cal-Mag too close to bedtime and recommended I start doing two prior to dinner and two right after dinner. Don't know if that might be an issue with you as well.

Had my 3rd weigh-in today and am a bit disappointed that I am only down 1.6 lbs. I know any loss is good, but I was really hoping I'd be back under 200 lbs by this weigh-in. Not sure what the culprit is. Too much red meat, artificial sweeteners, oils? Not enough water for a few days? Going to really step up my journaling.
Thank you for this... something to consider since I often end up going to bed without having my evening snack & vitamins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
More good advice! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post
The big weight losses should not be an expectation...or even possible. The first couple weeks you shed a lot of water weight. Weight loss should be looked at as an average per week...so 14 lbs/3 weeks = 4.66 per week...pretty good results.

I think a big reason people get frustrated is because they are told to expect "3-7 pounds per week". This expectation is an average, not a weekly value, and depends greatly on your current body weight...some of us don't have enough excess weight to lose 3-7 a week.

I am doing a reboot (didn't phase off correctly the first time and it has been 8 months of eating whatever I felt like). I am expecting to average 3 pounds a week (knowing my first week 8 lb loss will boost future weeks)
Agreed! I think some people's expectations are set too high and some people can be too competitive with themselves and against others. Every person is different. If you are doing everything OP, then the losses will come and you should not beat yourself up for what you can't control! Be kind to yourself. If you've messed up, put it behind you and carry on! Sit back and enjoy the ride, even the bumpy parts are all part of the journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Hello fellow IPers. With the start of August arriving, that means county fair is around the corner. I have come to the decision that it would not be a wise choice for me to attend this year. Too many temptations, and definitely not enough IP friendly choices that come to mind. As much as this is frustrating, I know that this is only a temporary thing, and next year I will be able to go and enjoy it again.

Anyone planning on attending their fair? And what kind of things are you planning to avoid the pitfalls of "Fair Food"?
I am sorry that you have to miss out but I am sure that you will make the right decision for you.

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-01-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 177.8/155/150

Height: 5"10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollygb66 View Post
Hi everyone! I went for my first WI even though I have only been on it since Monday. I want to keep my WI's on Thursday, so I went. I wasn't expecting much and my coach told me to not be disappointed. Well... 4.2 lbs, 4" and 1% body fat GONE in 3 days!!!!! Needless to say, I'm ecstatic!!! Oh and she told me to just make sure I get an extra non-restricted IP or an extra 2-4 oz of meat on the days I am active. I can do that! Tomorrow is biking (the kind you have to pedal) with friends!

Good job to all of you for ANY weight loss. It's one step closer to goal!

I can't wait to finally get a ticker!
Congrats on your loss! I am only on day 4 myself and finally starting to feel good! (Ie not hungry with a headache) I weigh in on Saturday so hopefully I have the same awesome results you had!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #29  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Whoop! Weigh in today -3.6. For a total of 18 lbs. 50% of the way to my goal! And a total of 14 1/4 inches. In 5 weeks. I am so pumped! I think I shall treat myself to some Costco flowers. Lol
Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! Quick question...... are roasted red peppers allowed? I bought a jar with just water, not even oil. I don't believe they are roasted with sugar. Anyone see a reason why this would not be on plan? Thanks!
Closed Thread