3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Looking for PORTABLE IP friendly foods (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/285555-looking-portable-ip-friendly-foods.html)

Meeshellee 07-31-2013 06:12 PM

Looking for PORTABLE IP friendly foods

I am gearing up for my second week of IP. I have been able to stick to the program so far and don't want to fall off the wagon. Going to an outdoor concert this weekend (Friday & Saturday) - anyone have any suggestions of IP friendly foods (phase 1) that are portable that I can bring (other than the obvious IP shakes and bars). Your input is appreciated.

New Englander 07-31-2013 06:17 PM

Raw veggies (celery, cukes, peppers). Is there tailgating? You can bring your meats for cooking. If I were you I would eat before going and just stick with a bar (or two as a splurge) and drink water...

floridasunshine 07-31-2013 06:17 PM

-dill pickles
-sliced cucumbers in a tupperware type container
-prepared salads
-cooked IP rotini prepared as a cold pasta salad
-the IP bars/wafers/crisps etc for your restricted snacks
-RTD shakes

keep everything in a little cooler full of ice. :)

SuzieV 07-31-2013 06:38 PM

Along with veggies, what about deviled eggs. Better than just a plain old boiled egg. For every 4 whole eggs, I give 2 yolks to the dogs and add 1/2 egg white to the yolks. With some WF mayo, mustard, garlic, onion powder & salt to taste. Sprinkle on a little paprika, taste as good as the original. Portable and a good source of protein.

New Englander 07-31-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieV (Post 4805191)
Along with veggies, what about deviled eggs. Better than just a plain old boiled egg. For every 4 whole eggs, I give 2 yolks to the dogs and add 1/2 egg white to the yolks. With some WF mayo, mustard, garlic, onion powder & salt to taste. Sprinkle on a little paprika, taste as good as the original. Portable and a good source of protein.

I have to remember to try these!!!!!!!! Love deviled eggs!!!:carrot:

lisa32989 07-31-2013 06:53 PM

Are you looking for all 3 meals?

Meeshellee 07-31-2013 06:55 PM

Not necessarily, just looking for things to take as "emergency foods" to keep me away from the other temptations.

SuzieV 07-31-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Englander (Post 4805197)
I have to remember to try these!!!!!!!! Love deviled eggs!!!:carrot:

Deviled eggs are a "holiday/party" food in my family. Now I make them weekly and the whole family thinks they are getting a special treat. :D

lisa32989 07-31-2013 07:04 PM

I took some tailgate foods last Fall: cauliflower hummus, mockamole (eaten with cukes, celery, and raw bell peppers)
I love the deviled egg idea & hard boiled eggs, too.

If you were looking for meats to take and wouldn't have cooking access, you'd just have to decide what you like cold. Chicken salad works for me! I also like cold chicken or cold steak dipped in the above dips.

I also made some zucchini/packet muffins that travel well.

Recipes in recipe threads.

Meeshellee 07-31-2013 07:06 PM

These are all great tips! Thank you so much!

New Englander 07-31-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieV (Post 4805206)
Deviled eggs are a "holiday/party" food in my family. Now I make them weekly and the whole family thinks they are getting a special treat. :D

I love it when my mom makes them...our family ones have green olives with pimento in them (with mayo, dry mustard and I forget what else..)...I could eat a whole plate full!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hence my reboot!!! LOL :D

shrinkingsusie 07-31-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4805208)
cauliflower hummus, mockamole

Recipes in recipe threads.

Sounds delicious! I'm running to the recipe thread now!