Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #31  

Okay, so I am taking a deep breath and thinking that I need think really hard about some alternatives because the IP food (while working really well) is just too expensive! We just did our budget for Fall and I would like to stay OP, but I need to cut some costs to do so. I did already read the alternatives threads, but I was wondering anyone has found a good replacement for the cappuccino drink somewhere? I have a spinach cappuccino drink (from Lisa's recipe) for lunch everyday and I think that would be a good place to start subbing in a cheaper product. I would appreciate any help!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

When you lose weight as quickly as you do on this diet your mind is slow to catch up to what it's seeing. Last time I went from 205 to 160 and didn't see much difference. Now I've gone from 197 to 165 and still don't see a huge difference. It takes time. Photographs do help though!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoffman View Post
Greetings to all! I have been a reader of 3fc for the past 2.5 months now!! I started on this IP adventure on May 17th, 2013. I have never posted on here because I never knew what to write about, etc. Today, I am feeling "I don't know how to handle" this progress that I have been having on this adventure. It is awesome, and I love IP. Well, Since May 17th I have lost 46.6#s and 27.75 inches.... I WI again tomorrow for Week #11. I can't comprehend the fact that I am down a flipping 46.6 pounds. And 27.75inches!! Anyone else feel like that? I see some change in certain parts of my body like my hands and feet, but I personally cant see it other places. I started out being a 5xish top kinda girl, and I can see that those tops are getting really big on me, especially in my scrub tops. My pants are/were 3x and I can see more room there too!! I don't know if I am just expecting to see more of a change than what I am seeing right now, or what the deal is! I know everyone around me sees a different me!! I also like being told that your cloths are getting "too big" on you!! I have never in my life heard that comment before!!!! I kinda like that!! I guess my question is how can I or what can I do to be able to put my hands around the idea that I have lost 46.6 pounds and 27.75 inches? I know I should see more of a difference than I do, but I don't!! I am very very happy being on this IP adventure for the past 11 weeks!! I'm going to keep it up 100% because I have at least another long way to go... I don't have an exact # for that. at least I would think another 150# maybe. Thank you everyone for this awesome website!! It is great inspiration and advice and ideas and tips!! I have learned a lot in the past 11 weeks.... Thanks again....
So true about the photos. See if you have any. Then compare them side by side with some kind of photo software. (I used Picasa, recommended by LamberJules) It wasn't until I did that, that I realized how different I actually did look. I happened to send the info to someone at my DH work who was going to start for some motivation. He couldn't believe the change (because he was used to seeing me everyday), and based off of that picture alone, then decided that he was going to the diet as well! Pretty soon (if not already) everyone will be asking you for the diet info) and you will have your own great success story! Keep at it and feel free to chat with all of us here. You are not alone!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #34  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Okay, so I am taking a deep breath and thinking that I need think really hard about some alternatives because the IP food (while working really well) is just too expensive! We just did our budget for Fall and I would like to stay OP, but I need to cut some costs to do so. I did already read the alternatives threads, but I was wondering anyone has found a good replacement for the cappuccino drink somewhere? I have a spinach cappuccino drink (from Lisa's recipe) for lunch everyday and I think that would be a good place to start subbing in a cheaper product. I would appreciate any help!
I made the switch to alternatives and have been using the Premier Protein Vanilla RTD. I add 2 shots of Espresso and some cinnamon. I drink it warm and it is good, but it is really yummy with a little crushed ice in my magic bullet. I used to drink a Starbucks SF Vanilla Latte every day of my life! This actually makes me miss them less. I bought mine at a store called Menards, but I think Costco also carries them. I use the one with 18G protein.

Nashua Nutrition also has the following:
HealthSmart Cold Drink - Proticcino (7/Box) for $11.99 (cold drink)
Proti-Thin Hot Drink - Cappuccino Decaffeinated (7/Box) $12.95 (hot drink)

I have not tried them, but I checked and they look like they are IP compatible. There are other sites like dietdirect.com I have heard about, but I have only used Nashua Nutrition so far. I haven't ventured too far from that yet. You can check out reviews on any product on the site. Just check the ingredients to make sure there is no aspartame. I have found that several products have that sweetener, but there is usually an alternative with sucralose. Just keep looking. Healthsmart, Proti-Thin, and Protidiet are the three brands I have ordered.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susie_Bee View Post
Hello, everyone!

I would like to introduce myself: my name is Susie and this is my second go at Ideal Protein. Two years ago, I had lost over 30 lbs on the plan. This site helped me so much! However, maintenance has been an epic fail for me!

I started over two weeks ago. I have had really low energy levels lately (I am hypothyroid) and I have torn the fascias in both my feet. Loosing weight will definitely help on all counts!

My husband is doing this with me this time around! He also has lots of weight to loose and is having difficulty with Achiles Tendonitis and bad knees. He is hoping that losing weight will take some of the pressure off of his ankle and knees.

We have two kids, ages 7 and 10, who have a lot of energy and who we really need to keep up with. I also really love running and zumba and can't wait to be able to participate in those activities again (especially without being "the fat lady in the back of the class")! I am trying to convince my local gym to set up a Mother & Daughter or Parent & Child class! ...maybe it could be a good goal to become an instructor for this kind of class?

I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you all!
Welcome back, Susie !!
Old 07-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #36  

@A1Texan Grats to you, how long did the whole process take for you?

@wagirls12 Welcome and good luck to you we will all be here for you when you and if you need us

@sarita75 that's a great share, please post pics, they tend to motivate me the most

@Beanie Mommy
a Cup of hot tea can also help move things along too...they even make like "smooth tea" which has some senna in it...i wouldn't advise drinking that kind every day but once a few times a week should be fine. That is if your increased lettuce intake doesn't help...love your inner bunny.

cdnmomof2 WTG

@Khoffman you've done AMAZING so far, and yes i understand the whole "i should be feeling better about all of this" you and i both just need to wrap our heads around the fact that this process does take some time...staying 100% is the best thing you can do for yourself...you feel great with this loss so far...you're going to feel even better when your current loss is doubled. AprilH3 stated it best really...and she looks amazing in her new photo
Old 07-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 178.5/175.5/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I posted this on the alternatives thread but thought I'd share here too:

I placed my second order with Nashua Nutrition today. Some discounts applied, but for 3 weeks of products my total was $104. This would have been over $250 worth of Ideal Protein products. I am so happy I switched to alternatives. Losing weight was becoming such a financial burden on IP. I wish I could afford it, but it is such a relief to order and not "break the bank"!

NSV yesterday: I tried on some size 8 jeans and although they were a bit too tight for my liking, I actually could have worn them! I had a bit of hang over at the waist, but not so much. I really didn't think they'd get past my thighs and was shocked when they pulled right up! Yay!

Hollygb66: the protocol was designed for 2 unrestricted, and 1 restricted every day. Weighing yourself daily will show fluctuations in water weight as well as other bodily products. That is why a weekly weigh in is the best way to track your progress. I like to weigh often as well, but always keep in mind that it may not be an accurate measure of my fat loss every day. I read that IP designed the protocol as they found no reduction in weight loss by having a restricted every day. If you eliminate it based on a day to day weight on the scale you may slow your losses.
Hi! I occasionally order from Nashua Nutrition, but to buy the chocolate covered soy snacks (which are EXACTLY the same as IP, but cheaper) and to buy the most amazing thing of all: the dark chocolate wafers. These things are AMAZING. Here is the link:

For the Proti-Thin Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...cks-7-box.html

For the Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafers:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...s-serving.html

The nutritional value of the chocolate wafers is almost identical to the IP Strawberry Wafers. (They are a restricted item) These things taste so good! I usually eat one after lunch and one after dinner (they come with 2 wafers in each package/2 wafers equal one serving - so I'm getting one servings worth by spreading them out over the day). I think the same company that makes the IP Wafers makes these (both are made in the UK and the serving size is exactly the same)

Try them the next time you order. YUM!!

PS - They also make a mocha and vanilla wafer. I tried the mocha and liked them but the dark chocolate is my favorite.

Last edited by navydocmom; 07-31-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:06 PM   #38  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydocmom View Post
Hi! I occasionally order from Nashua Nutrition, but to buy the chocolate covered soy snacks (which are EXACTLY the same as IP, but cheaper) and to buy the most amazing thing of all: the dark chocolate wafers. These things are AMAZING. Here is the link:

For the Proti-Thin Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...cks-7-box.html

For the Proti-Thin Dark Chocolate Wafers:
http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store...s-serving.html

The nutritional value of the chocolate wafers is almost identical to the IP Strawberry Wafers. (They are a restricted item) These things taste so good! I usually eat one after lunch and one after dinner (they come with 2 wafers in each package/2 wafers equal one serving - so I'm getting one servings worth by spreading them out over the day). I think the same company that makes the IP Wafers makes these (both are made in the UK and the serving size is exactly the same)

Try them the next time you order. YUM!!

PS - They also make a mocha and vanilla wafer. I tried the mocha and liked them but the dark chocolate is my favorite.
I was looking at those wafers and debating whether I should order them. I still have some of the IP orange wafers in the pantry, so once I finish those off I will try them. They taste just like the wafer cookies I loved as a kid!

I have heard others mention that many products are identical to IP; ingredients and packaging. I used to get the chocolate soy snacks from IP and will definitely get them from Nashua now.

Thanks!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:10 PM   #39  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Well I have finally made it to Maintenance. I have 3 pounds to go but after visiting the CrossFit Gym yesterday, they suggested that I start increasing my calories before Monday (Starting Gym Day) so I don't crash & burn

Stay with it everyone because it does work....!!!
Congrats! I have heard so much about crossfit in the past few months! Loving the new profile picture, you look great!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:14 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. After realizing I was seriously not entering in my salad carbs correctly, and seeing a slowing in my weight loss this week, I am turning this train around. It bothered me and continues to bother me that I could have been so daft, but onwards and upwards. Small NSV today. Wearing this colorful pencil skirt that I bought about 2.5 years ago and have never fit into....AND I have my shirt tucked in. Woot. I will try to get a photo at some point.

Congrats, can't wait to see the pic! I wish more people would post progress pics, but I guess I have no room to speak! I asked my coach for the pictures she took in the office twice now and NADA. Oh well.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #41  
Started IP 5/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Congrats, can't wait to see the pic! I wish more people would post progress pics, but I guess I have no room to speak! I asked my coach for the pictures she took in the office twice now and NADA. Oh well.
My DH took some before photos (actually from about a week OP) and I am so mortified I cringe at the thought of posting them. However, I am ready for him to take some new progress photos to have a comparison. I was wearing black sweat pants and a sports bra, so my back, sides, and tummy would be visible. I wanted to see all my rolls! It must be true love, because after I saw those pictures I couldn't imagine how he could be attracted to that body! I guess after having 3 kids he did help contribute to it. lol.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
My DH took some before photos (actually from about a week OP) and I am so mortified I cringe at the thought of posting them. However, I am ready for him to take some new progress photos to have a comparison. I was wearing black sweat pants and a sports bra, so my back, sides, and tummy would be visible. I wanted to see all my rolls! It must be true love, because after I saw those pictures I couldn't imagine how he could be attracted to that body! I guess after having 3 kids he did help contribute to it. lol.
I was nervous to say anything but truthfully I am dying to see some progress pics from you, our H and GW are the same! I hope that isn't weird! In my "before" pic I am wearing some sz 18 jeans and my then-favorite 2XL T shirt. Now I'm back in XLs ans Sz 14s I have a current pic but it doesn't mean as much without that "before". I'll have to ask again! I have been taking "selfies" in the mirror since I got back on 2 weeks ago, I think I will be glad I did. And yes, our men are good ones! I can't believe he still got it up for me at my HW!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:11 PM   #43  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
Received my blood work results today from my Dr. A1C is now 5.3 which is fantastic because I went from 5.9 to 5.3 with diet alone. I stopped taking the metformin after my last visit 3 months ago. I can now remove my cholesterol meds and have recently reduced my blood pressure meds. Woot Woot!

This diet plan has helped me on my way to become a healthier me at 52 years old. I never thought that this could be possible for me since I have struggled with weight issues my entire life. I'm here to tell anyone who will listen that this plans works if you decide that you want it to work. Like Lisa has said, it is more mental than anything else. I'm thankful that I've finally conquered the mental portion to begin this wonderful journey. Happy hump day everyone!
Wow, that sounds fantastic. Congratulations on such wonderful progress. I am hoping that I see similar results when I go back to my doctor in September.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #44  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Okay y'all! Here are the photos - 40.1 pounds down, weighing in at 175.7. About 20 more to go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.jpg (25.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.jpg (27.5 KB, 56 views)
Old 07-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi sarita75!!!

WTG!!! So close to goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

Closed Thread