IP Daily Chat Wednesday 7/31/2013

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • That's awesome! Good job!

I'm new to this website. So, it may take me a while to get use to responding right. That was to sarita75 for her pics! I haven't read the rest of the thread. Trying to catch up.

I finished my 3rd day today. I played tennis this morning. Thought I was feeling really good, until the 3rd GAME (I had another 2 hours and 45 mins to play!!!)! Good thing I had brought a bag of SW puffs to munch on just in case. I counted them towards my IP products of the day.

My first weigh in is tomorrow even though I will only have done it 3.33 days. I didn't want to skip a week. I won't be too disappointed if it's not a big change. I'll start counting my weeks next Thurs.

Anyway, good job to everyone on the way to a healthier lifestyle!
  • Thanks to everyone who's extended their sympathy for my misery.

Artemis - I actually have some nice and gentle "smooth tea" (he, he) and I'll drink that over the next days until things are "regular" again while reacquainting myself with my inner bunny

I found out today that milk of magnesia is definitely not the answer for me in the big "C" situation. The results were far more drastic than advertised. Sorry for TMI, but I am trying to share my experience with those who may be thinking of going that route...

I reiterate my final resolve to eat my lettuce religiously and have the occasional smoothing cup of tea.

I've never really faced this issue before, so I decided to whine about despite the fact that it was clearly self-induced. Well... Maybe the milk of magnesia disaster will have a positive impact on my WI tomorrow. Gotta see the bright side, right?
  • Quote: That's awesome! Good job!

I'm new to this website. So, it may take me a while to get use to responding right. That was to sarita75 for her pics! I haven't read the rest of the thread. Trying to catch up.

I finished my 3rd day today. I played tennis this morning. Thought I was feeling really good, until the 3rd GAME (I had another 2 hours and 45 mins to play!!!)! Good thing I had brought a bag of SW puffs to munch on just in case. I counted them towards my IP products of the day.

My first weigh in is tomorrow even though I will only have done it 3.33 days. I didn't want to skip a week. I won't be too disappointed if it's not a big change. I'll start counting my weeks next Thurs.

Anyway, good job to everyone on the way to a healthier lifestyle!
    You may have already told us this but, are you having additional packets due to your high exertion level? IP is a NO exercise eating program. There simply are NOT enough calories to support exercise. Those who are committed to adding the exercise MUST consume an extra packet within 30 minutes post workout. At your level of exertion you might even need two extra packs!

You may be doing this but with so mane new IPers on board recently I think we need to be sure everyone is clear!!

In addition, keep in mind that exercise is highly likely to SLOW the rate of loss. If you understand and are willing to take longer getting to goal, that's fine. But recognizing the limited calories available to your body and ensuring that you are supplementing with additional packets is essential!!
  • Thanks all! And thank you for the information on the Nashua stuff. I am contemplating ordering. Is there free shipping now? I have never ordered anything from them but I love me some chocolate wafers!
  • Quote: Just finished my first week on IP. What a great feeling to be down 18 pounds and 5 inches! Looking forward to learning lots from you all as I continue this program!
    18 lbs is freaking awesome!!!! WTG!
  • Sarita: Nashua is always Free Shipping over $99. They periodically have free shipping offers in less... Yesterday it was free over $49. Once you order you will get all those offers regularly via email.
  • Quote: Sarita: Nashua is always Free Shipping over $99. They periodically have free shipping offers in less... Yesterday it was free over $49. Once you order you will get all those offers regularly via email.
    Thanks! Just placed my first order. I feel all "sneaky" as I have only done IP foods since starting ....
  • Balogna?? I seriously just want one slice! (you'd think I'd be craving pizza or something)
  • Quote: Thanks all! And thank you for the information on the Nashua stuff. I am contemplating ordering. Is there free shipping now? I have never ordered anything from them but I love me some chocolate wafers!
    The chocolate wafers are good, as well as the vanilla - YUM. I've also bought their chocolate soy puffs, peanut caramel soy puffs, chocolate peanut bar and the BBQ soy puffs. All of it tastes equal to IP products.

I do try to limit myself and only have the wafers twice a week since they are at the highest calorie count of the allowed items.
  • Quote: You may have already told us this but, are you having additional packets due to your high exertion level? IP is a NO exercise eating program. There simply are NOT enough calories to support exercise. Those who are committed to adding the exercise MUST consume an extra packet within 30 minutes post workout. At your level of exertion you might even need two extra packs!

You may be doing this but with so mane new IPers on board recently I think we need to be sure everyone is clear!!

In addition, keep in mind that exercise is highly likely to SLOW the rate of loss. If you understand and are willing to take longer getting to goal, that's fine. But recognizing the limited calories available to your body and ensuring that you are supplementing with additional packets is essential!!
    I did eat my SW puffs while on the court! My coach told me I can have up to 4 packs on my day of playing. I think the extra pack helps to add the extra calories/carbs I'll burn.

I'm a VERY active person so sitting on my couch during the whole process won't be an option. Luckily, I only have to sit for 2 weeks according to my coach! I have friends who played while on IP and they still lost weight. So, there must be a way around it.

I do have a question though to all of you who have been on the program. One of my papers says, "NO SODA"! My coach told me that included DIET COKE!!! I'm really not sure I can do that part..haha I am on day 3 and wanting one as I type this. She explained that it was something about preventing kidney stones. If it doesn't affect my weight loss, I should be able to have one, right? I drink enough water to flush it out of my system!
  • Quote:
    I do have a question though to all of you who have been on the program. One of my papers says, "NO SODA"! My coach told me that included DIET COKE!!! I'm really not sure I can do that part..haha I am on day 3 and wanting one as I type this. She explained that it was something about preventing kidney stones. If it doesn't affect my weight loss, I should be able to have one, right? I drink enough water to flush it out of my system!
    This program is an alkaline diet, and diet coke is acidic. Now that I have told you that, I must confess I do not know what this actually means! I am sorry that I am leaving you hanging without a full answer. Try posting again on tomorrows daily chat as it is getting kind of late. I will tell you that I have had one diet coke in the last 5 months!
  • Does the Proti Thin hot cappuccino have caffeine?
  • I was a junkie for Diet Coke when i started as well. I gave it up, cold turkey. It is worth it. Why are we choosing to make sure huge lifestyle changes when we know what crap diet coke is for us if we continue to drink it? My 2 cents but get rid of it while you can. You will be glad you did.
  • Quote: Okay, so I am taking a deep breath and thinking that I need think really hard about some alternatives because the IP food (while working really well) is just too expensive! We just did our budget for Fall and I would like to stay OP, but I need to cut some costs to do so. I did already read the alternatives threads, but I was wondering anyone has found a good replacement for the cappuccino drink somewhere? I have a spinach cappuccino drink (from Lisa's recipe) for lunch everyday and I think that would be a good place to start subbing in a cheaper product. I would appreciate any help!
    HI There! I've never tried the IP drink, but I am doing Alternatives and I really like the EAS Advantage Carb Control Café Caramel flavor. The taste reminds me of Starbucks Frappaccino in the bottle. Café Caramel flavor is very hard to find, I can only find it at one Target out of five in San Diego, CA, but if you can locate it, give it a try!
  • Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for the encouragement and suggestions! I just placed my first order with Nashua nutrition. I did the math and if I just replace one packet a day with an alternative, I should be right on target with the budget. I am really nervous about the switch, but hearing so many success stories here with alternatives made me feel like I could handle it. Fingers crossed it works!

I will also be on the lookout for the EAS Caramel - sounds divine!