Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Default Discouraged!!!

I have been on ip since November of 12, I have lost 48 lbs so far, but the last few WI s have been disappointing. Today was the kicker, I have only lost .8 lbs in the last 2 weeks and my measurements haven't changed in the last month. I'm almost ready to call it quits, I need HELP!!!!!! PLEASE......
Lulu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 228.8/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Have you been recording your meals in your journal? Please share what you've been eating/drinking in a typical day? Don't give up.
Cynaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #3  
Start 8/5/12

S/C/G: 205/138/130

Height: 5'4

I know it's frustrating, and I know I sound like a broken record, but DON'T QUIT NOW! You are SO close to your goal! Our stats are VERY similar. We started out at the almost exact weight. We are the same height. And we have the same goal weight. I would LOVE to be in your shoes in the 150s! Keep going girl! Hang in there and finish strong!
CandieRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #4  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

I have only been on IP for seven weeks so I have no personal experience. I have read somewhere in these forums that switching to phase 2 for a while can help shake up your metabolism and get things moving again.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:10 PM   #5  

.8 is almost a lb. I had a few weeks like that interspersed in my journey.
A stall would be several weeks of NOTHING
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu64 View Post
I have been on ip since November of 12, I have lost 48 lbs so far, but the last few WI s have been disappointing. Today was the kicker, I have only lost .8 lbs in the last 2 weeks and my measurements haven't changed in the last month. I'm almost ready to call it quits, I need HELP!!!!!! PLEASE......
What good would quitting do? Gain weight and still feel discouraged....possibly. I have been on plan 15 months. If I quit after 8 months I'd be twice the person I am now instead of working on my last 10 lbs. Our bodies need times w slower losses and no losses. Tom, heat,stress and a bunch of other reasons happen. Stay true to the plan and you'll realize your worth the upcoming loses.
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/ 135/130

Height: 5FT 4in

Thank you all that posted, it really lifted my spirits. I just checked this morning and I'm not in ketosis anymore. I don't know if that is the problem or not. My coach put me on phase II quite sometime ago cause I was always hungry and I still am. I'm gonna stick with it. It is too soon to give up. BTW I'm 65, they say it is harder to loose when you are over 40. Thanks again for all of your advice. I also never cheat on this plan. My husband started the same time I did and he is on maintenance now, has been since February. Oh now I'm just rambling. Thanks again for your kind words and support, I really need it.
Lulu64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:45 AM   #8  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Maybe see if you can give phase one a try again with an extra packet a day if you are hungry? Not being in ketosis is likely the reason for slow losses!! Good luck!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #9  

If you used ketostix to determine I you're in Ketosis, that is an unreliable measure. Phase 2 would not take you out of Ketosis as it doesn't add additional carbs.

After we've been low carbing for a while, our bodies get really efficient at BURNING the ketones, rather than discarding them in the urine. There is an IP video on this subject.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

LuLu-
What about inches? I may have missed a few things here but don't think I saw if you have lost inches and have your sizes changed? What about exercise? Are you doing any...that will do a few things...it slows lbs and scale losses for most...but also adds muscle. And that also makes the scale look like it's stuck.Also, I am going to be 65...soon! There are some of us in that range here, and yes the journey is not like it is for the youngun's! But don't give up! I feel like things are slowing for me but I AM exercising... having decided the muscle tone and benefits of adding exercise a few months ago was important. {I do a circuit for strength training three days a week and ride a recumbent bike 3X a week on the days I don't do the circuit.This week I added a pilates class for much needed balance and flexibility improvement.....I will try to do that 2-3 X a week. }so I'm not sure what to expect once my body senses that I've added to the activity level.

By the way... I wouldn't buddy up with my dear hubby of 43 yrs on a weightloss journey for all the tea in china...that would be a recipe for depression...! it may well take me a while yet to reach my goal, so we can walk together. and nudge each other when it gets discouraging.

You know if you stop now and want to start again it will be overwhelming..... and that won't make you happier, esp if your spouse has reached or is close to his goal. Just separate your journey from his.
In fact...I'd probably do another TOTALLY different challenge with him that I know he couldn't keep up with you on, ......just to level the playing field over the next few months.

This diet thing is really in our head as much as anything else...so don't forget that!

Last edited by 65X65; 07-25-2013 at 11:16 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I am 66 so can really relate to what you are going through. I am not sure which is correct, your stats under your name or those on your ticker. If it is the ones under your name, as we get closer to goal the loss really slows down.

After we have been on plan for a longer period of time we might start cutting things down. Journal for a week and make sure you are getting in everything on the protocol sheet, especially the oil. Get some fattier type choices in your
regular protein meal, such as some beef.

If you eat at the top rnd of what you are allowed on the sheet (all your veggies etc) you will likely see a shake up.

Oh by the way, you mentioned weight loss slows down after 40. Maybe a bit but nothing like in our 60s. I wish I could lose like I could when I was 50!
You hubby lost quicker than you because he has much more muscle. We woman really lose a lot of muscle over the years making it much harder to lose as we get older.

But just look how far you have come and keep on trucking!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

no, no, no...do not call it quits!!! Trust the plan and know it works. You will get to your goal!!! I'm doing a reboot and TWICE the scale has gone up..and wouldn't you know it has gone down!!! It will happen...I now look at my loss in terms of weeks and not weekly. So, instead of thinking "ugh I only lost .8 pounds this past week" focus on all the weight you've lost since beginning...And that's a lot to be proud of!!! Stick it out. You'll be happy with yourself that you did!!!!!!!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Get a complete thyroid panel done to be on the safe side.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #14  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
I had a couple weeks I lost .8 and .2 and I felt the same way.. measurements didn't change much if at all. After a couple weeks of that I lost over 3 lb. DO NOT give up. One thing I realized is I had stopped drinking as much water in the afternoon. Just review what you are doing and see if there is something you are "slacking" on.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I think you may need to change something up but don't give up! Do you have a coach to help you find the problem? Maybe you need to move more... go for walks or something... or maybe try phase I again... don't chew gum! I was told the first time around that it could throw you out of ketosis - not sure if it's true or not. Make sure to get plenty of water too. Sending you lots of good vibes for a good loss this week!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote