Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default about supplements..

I have found them on AMAZON...for a while I switched the potassium and the calcium...and found out the hard way the cal mag balance is needed to avoid the big C...so switched back to the ones IP sells but I can find them a few $$ cheaper than my site sells them buying through AMAZON PRIME ..(with a prime membership 2 day shipping is free on a lot of items)

At any rate...you will know if the ones you switch to are not working...it's worth a try! But in the end it did not work great for me...so I stuck with the Douglas lab ones my site recommends. We just do too much traveling for me to deal with that problem.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherRedstick View Post
feeling defeated today! went for 3rd weigh in and well I did not lose any weight!! I did lose inches.. I know should be happy about that but I am sad!! UGHHH oh well unto next week she said be happy 3 weeks 12lbs and 6 1/4 inches is solid!
You need to listen to us...you are doing AWESOME...that is an average of 4 lbs a week! In over 6 months I've only had 1 week where I clocked a 4 lbs loss...and that week was when my mother had a stroke. Needless to say...not wanting to repeat that week...

Last edited by 65X65; 07-30-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
QUESTION: do ppl use IP supplements ....?? i was wondering about just using my own supplements, might save me some cash...anyone changed over? is it not worth the trouble?

thanks.
I am doing an IP Alternative Plan. I take a One a Day Vitman, a liver detox supplement, fish oil for omega 3's, a potassium pill and MSM for joint and allergy relief. None of these are IP brand supplements. I dont know how to tell if it works or not? But it makes me nervous to NOT take them.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Lisa you are a true inspiration Thank you for all your input. Congratulations on your determination to have changed your life. You have made my journey much easier. Karin
Old 07-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning

One year ago today I started on a life-changing journey. For those of you with ~100 lbs to lose (or lost), you know what I mean. My goal was to lose 115 lbs. I was in pain, had difficulty moving around too much, was largely sedentary, and was just getting worse. I had spent the summer recovering from foot surgery, which added to problems of being sedentary. I decided in early June that I'd start this diet when we returned from vacation in late July. Then I started reading/learning. In my first 6 weeks on IP, I lost 21 lbs. Talk about motivating!

Along my IP journey, I've had some setbacks but I have never lost my focus. I was put on steroids, which stopped my weight loss for a month. I had an injury that caused inflammation that did the same. I developed thyroid problems, which I have learned can happen to some people if we stay on very low carb diets for a long time (be sure you are being medically monitored if you have a lot of weight to lose and will be P1 for more than 10-12 weeks!). Due to the thyroid problems, I stopped consuming soy and gluten, which caused me to give up some of my favorite IP foods back in January.

After cycling off and approximately 6 weeks of phase 3 & 4 and a month-long vacation out-of-state when I did not weigh (and my clothes fit the same!), I restarted P1 yesterday. Since I stuck with IP while giving my thyroid a much-needed rest, it really didn't feel like I was restarting anything.... Just a continuation. No feelings of deprivation. Some of this surely is due to careful planning.

I plan the next day's menu before I go to bed at night or while I'm cleaning up from dinner. I plan ahead to make sure there are enough veggies in the house and they are prepared in ways that will not cause boredom. I planned so much that I lurked on 3FC-IP for over a month before starting IP. I knew what to do and had few questions when I met with my coach for the first time. I also figured out the informal "rules" on the board prior to my first post. I read every recipe thread I could find (now they are all grouped in the first post of the daily). I planned my transition to P3 well in advance so I'd know exactly what to eat. I made plans for times that will cause increased temptations (parties, tailgates, BBQs, special eveqnts, holidays). I make sure I have packets for emergencies tucked everywhere: my car, DH's car, my desk at work, in my lunch bag, in my purse. I also carry a refillable Brita water bottle with me so I don't have to worry where I'll get water and I have extra shaker bottles.

I have seen many people reach goal in my year on IP. We all lose weight at different rates so I've learned not to compare my weight loss to anyone else's. It is not a race.. Unfortunately, I have seen many more never reach their goals and I am determined to join the former group, rather than the latter.

I will be on P1 until goal or Halloween, whichever comes first. If Halloween comes first, I'll give my thyroid a longer rest and do p3-p4 with a planned January P1 restart. I don't consider it restarting IP because IP is a four phase program. If I stick to the program, I'm still on IP. My coach calls Phase Four "Phase for the rest of your life". This is how we get to maintain the wonderful gift we've been given: a new lease on life.
This brings tears to my eyes because I'm right there with you, a bit of a different story but I love that your encouragement is exactly what I needed to read today, I'm in this to and am on my way again to goal, yea! Thank you lisa
Old 07-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Lisa-thanks for sharing your story. I'm halfway to goal and you are one of the ones that have been on this site as an encouragement. I appreciate that and hope to be where you are soon. Best of luck.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #22  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Loved your post Lisa, thank you for the knowledge and inspiration you share on this forum daily. You have an excellent way with words.

I too am in this for over a hundred pounds and in it for the long haul. In your post you mentioned thyroid issues with very low carb diets over a long period of time. Do you know approximately how many daily grams of carbs this is? TIA
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #23  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon all. Just finished with my WI for the week. *Only* down 1.3 pounds but I am okay with it - all things considered. I have officially lost 40.1 pounds and just over 18 inches - so I am happy.

Lisa - as many have said already, thank you for sharing your story with us. As you are likely aware, you serve as both an inspiration and a source of knowledge for so many of us - so thank you. And CONGRATS!!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:53 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Okay, here goes....

Hi! I'm finally taking the plunge and saying "Hi." I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and have found all the information really incredibly helpful. I'm not quite at the point of making the IP leap, but am hoping to get myself psyched up to start. And I'm hoping to get my hubby on board as well. I think it will be great for us both to be on plan together, and will be a good support for me. But reading here has been a total inspiration. I'm trying to ease myself in a bit before I take the big plunge and try an IP alternative plan.

Thanks to all for being so awesome and helpful. I'll go back to lurking now.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:01 PM   #25  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Okay, here goes....

Hi! I'm finally taking the plunge and saying "Hi." I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and have found all the information really incredibly helpful. I'm not quite at the point of making the IP leap, but am hoping to get myself psyched up to start. And I'm hoping to get my hubby on board as well. I think it will be great for us both to be on plan together, and will be a good support for me. But reading here has been a total inspiration. I'm trying to ease myself in a bit before I take the big plunge and try an IP alternative plan.

Thanks to all for being so awesome and helpful. I'll go back to lurking now.
Hi! Congrats and welcome!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #26  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Yay! Another good WI - down 2.8lbs.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm 99.9% sure I'll hit 30lbs lost today so tomorrow I've have an appointment for a new tattoo!! I'm super excited. I'm getting a bee, which I've been wanting for about 6 months. And recently I added a bee to my logo so it's pretty perfect!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #28  

down another 1.8 wish it were coming off faster, but its coming off thats all that matters

thanks for the answer on the supplements, just always looking to save a penny here and there..will stick with the ip ones for now i suppose

Welcome to ktgrrl....good luck on starting it..your only regret will be not starting ip sooner.

@AprilH3 Grats on your 30lbs gone...can you take a pic of the bee tattooo

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-30-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:33 PM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Now that I'm phasing off IP I updated my photo in my profile to reflect the transformation to date. I start my CrossFit Program next week and that will help "tighten" up all the loose areas

Stay strong everyone.....It does work if you stay true
Old 07-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

So many great and inspiring stories here! Thanks to everyone for sharing successes and challenges. It feels like a team effort for sure! Today was the best day I have had in weeks. I ran. I am a runner and have not run in about 2 months between the rotator cuff pain and IP. Today I put the pain " away" as they say, took a quest bar and some electrolyte water and ran 3 miles at a good, average pace of about 11 min miles. This felt amazing! I feel so alive and like me again! I did not need the bar, but ate it after along with my RTD that I saved from lunch. I burned 429 cals on the run so I will need something additional today, but mentally and emotionally it was so Wonderful. What a difference even 12 lbs makes in my ability to move! It's a great day!
Closed Thread