IP Daily Chat Tuesday 7/30/2013

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Now that I'm phasing off IP I updated my photo in my profile to reflect the transformation to date. I start my CrossFit Program next week and that will help "tighten" up all the loose areas

Stay strong everyone.....It does work if you stay true
    Can I ask you a personal question, and the group in its entirety for those who wish to chime in. What are your "loose" areas? What have people found helps?
  • Quote: Okay, here goes....

Hi! I'm finally taking the plunge and saying "Hi." I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and have found all the information really incredibly helpful. I'm not quite at the point of making the IP leap, but am hoping to get myself psyched up to start. And I'm hoping to get my hubby on board as well. I think it will be great for us both to be on plan together, and will be a good support for me. But reading here has been a total inspiration. I'm trying to ease myself in a bit before I take the big plunge and try an IP alternative plan.

Thanks to all for being so awesome and helpful. I'll go back to lurking now.
    My husband and I took the IP plunge together and thus far it has worked so much better than other solo dieting attempts from either of us. I know some of the success is that this is a very easy program to follow once really started and the fairly rapid weight loss is so motivating; but a big part is that we are in this together. Good luck on getting your hubby on board and in your future IP leap.
  • Quote: So many great and inspiring stories here! Thanks to everyone for sharing successes and challenges. It feels like a team effort for sure! Today was the best day I have had in weeks. I ran. I am a runner and have not run in about 2 months between the rotator cuff pain and IP. Today I put the pain " away" as they say, took a quest bar and some electrolyte water and ran 3 miles at a good, average pace of about 11 min miles. This felt amazing! I feel so alive and like me again! I did not need the bar, but ate it after along with my RTD that I saved from lunch. I burned 429 cals on the run so I will need something additional today, but mentally and emotionally it was so Wonderful. What a difference even 12 lbs makes in my ability to move! It's a great day!
    Congrats on being you!
  • Quote: Now that I'm phasing off IP I updated my photo in my profile to reflect the transformation to date. I start my CrossFit Program next week and that will help "tighten" up all the loose areas

I cannot wait to be at this point! I've always wanted to try crossfit! Congrats on your success A1Texan!!!
  • Quote: Can I ask you a personal question, and the group in its entirety for those who wish to chime in. What are your "loose" areas? What have people found helps?
    The "Loose" areas for me are around the mid section. At my age, the skin is not tightening up as fast as it used to. That is why I'm joining CrossFit in efforts to help with that.
  • Quote: My husband and I took the IP plunge together and thus far it has worked so much better than other solo dieting attempts from either of us. I know some of the success is that this is a very easy program to follow once really started and the fairly rapid weight loss is so motivating; but a big part is that we are in this together. Good luck on getting your hubby on board and in your future IP leap.
    My husband did this with me as well. He's lost 51lbs in 16 weeks. He's on Phase 3 and moving onto maintenance in a week. It was really helpful to have him on plan with me. I'm using IP Products and he's using alternatives.

Now I have to learn how to do it on my own for the next two-thirds of my journey!
  • Quote: The "Loose" areas for me are around the mid section. At my age, the skin is not tightening up as fast as it used to. That is why I'm joining CrossFit in efforts to help with that.
    I am curious if that is happening to me. I feel like I don't know between flabby skin and fat ... especially on my tummy. Is that an overshare? Probably. :blush:
  • Quote: I am curious if that is happening to me. I feel like I don't know between flabby skin and fat ... especially on my tummy. Is that an overshare? Probably. :blush:
    No need to blush, it's happening to me too. I can honestly say my stomach is not fat, but there is stuff there I can grab on to lol. I am sure I need to tone, and hope to get doing that after my shoulder surgery. I've decided that a little extra skin or being " loose in the cage" is a fair trade off for being overall fit and healthy lol. I also use coconut oil on my stretch marks and loose places and it seems to be helping for what it's worth.

I've heard great things about cross fit! I'm sure it will be fantastic!
  • I'm down 32lbs in 8 weeks!!! I'm stoked. I'll post the tattoo after I get it done!
  • Quote: I'm down 32lbs in 8 weeks!!! I'm stoked. I'll post the tattoo after I get it done!
    WOW that's great

can't wait to see the tat!
  • Congrats Lisa! You have been an inspiration and help to so many on the board. Welcome back to Phase 1!

Congrats to the losers (pounds and inches) and welcome to the new folk!
  • I meant to ask, has anyone read Eating the Alkaline Way, by Natasha Corrett and Vicki Edgson? It was on sale at Wegman's so I grabbed it.
  • Quote: I'm down 32lbs in 8 weeks!!! I'm stoked. I'll post the tattoo after I get it done!
    Congrats on your losses! That is awesome!

A1Texan: Love the new photo. If you feel as good as you look, then you must feel terrific!

Lisa: What a journey you have been on. You encourage me with your success!

Sarita: I love your posts. You are adorable! I have to keep in mind as well that the extra tummy skin is not fat, and I can work on toning later. I just don't like the gooshy feeling all over my body. Thighs, arms, tummy....like bread dough that is rising and was just flattened. eeewww. Plus, at just shy of 50, my skin has also lost the elasticity of my younger days, and will take some time to recover.

ktgrrl: Welcome and good luck to you! I am not sure if you meant that you will be using alternative products, other than IP, or if you will follow the alternative IP diet. I am doing alternative products and am having success and enjoying a lot of variety. Either way, there is a lot of info on this site that will help you immensely. It is also easier to do with your DH. Mine is doing this with me and has lost over 40 lbs!

AprilH3: congrats to you!!!!

Balanced Life: I have never been a runner, nor have I exercised. But I am feeling so good I am actually looking forward to starting some type of program when I reach goal. You make it sound so wonderful!
  • Huge congrats to Lisa, Texan, Sarita all the other successful IPeeps out there!
    Texan, you look FABULOUS! What is CrossFit? I've never heard of it.