3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   What do you pay for IP packets? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/285451-what-do-you-pay-ip-packets.html)

jodi73 07-29-2013 04:00 PM

$4.20/packet or bar, $28 for a box, and $29.50 for case of 6 RTD

afbrown2 07-29-2013 04:14 PM

4.25/packet at my clinic and a freebie if I pre-order through email... no agreement to sign for a minimum order. I know I asked about alternatives and they do not recommend it but don't really prohibit you or kick you out.

bimnd113 07-29-2013 04:18 PM

In North Texas, $28/box, $30 for choc/van RTD. No individual packets.

AlaskanRN 07-29-2013 04:30 PM

In Anchorage, Alaska its 29.00 a box and the ready to drink smoothies are 31.00-36.00 for a pack.

Alamo girl 07-29-2013 04:46 PM

$4 per packet, $5 for RTD ( also RTE pudding)
Can buy per packet, no minimum per week
Coach knows I do a combo of IP and alternatives and she is fine with that.
San Antonio Texas!

dsjsmom23 07-29-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthayer (Post 4803346)
I have to buy a weeks worth of product each week or you can not stay in the program, is that true for all of you?

Nope, not at my location. There are weeks where I don't buy anything. Some weeks I buy lots. Just depends.

I usually buy 4 boxes/week, because I like to change it up, and I don't know what i'm going to feel like LOL

So this week, for example, I have enough food. I will go WI, and not buy anything.

I'm not working right now though, and my coach knows that, and she is fine with it.

HillaryJH 07-29-2013 05:03 PM

I'm in CT and pay $46 including tax for 21 packets/RTDs.
I get special pricing because my mom works for the doctor who owns the clinic. Everyone else pays double.

65X65 07-29-2013 05:43 PM

$ 4.25 for each packet and the RTD stuff is more .. but I don't use that because it's not GF. Do Not have to buy a box...they sell individual envelopes so I can keep a variety stocked at a more reasonable weekly price.

I buy about 15/$4.25 packets a week. My coach knows we travel a lot and there is more eating out (OP choices of course..) away from home.

EDIT:
No charge for the coaching as long as I am buying IP products. Like mentioned...I don't buy 21 packets a week...but it's enough it's not questioned. However, the expectation to purchase doesn't leave room for purchasing alternatives. They do suggest using their maintenance program after reaching goal...so I'll see what that entails, and can see me ordering alternatives at some point.

marlenesuer 07-29-2013 10:03 PM

I haven't bought IP food at a clinic or off clinic in many, many, many months. It's just way too much money. Because of the cost and my horrible coach, I think I dropped my clinic after about two or three months into the plan, went alternatives and never looked back. The saving was incredible - couldn't be denied.

Anyway - when I was buying from the clinic, the boxes were $28 a piece - before tax.

Iolani 07-29-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthayer (Post 4803346)
I am in mass and these are the prices I pay, but I was told they are going up .50 cents per packet.

I have to buy a weeks worth of product each week or you can not stay in the program, is that true for all of you?

My coach doesn't make me buy packets or boxes, but then again, I have at least 30 packets on hand...depends on what I feel like eating. I had a talk with her today about maintenance and she encouraged me to go once a week for WI and to use the time to discuss staying on target. She did mention that I don't have to buy any food/packets.
So I guess she is not bad.

bindersbee 07-30-2013 03:12 AM

The price of the packets ticks me off because it's SO MUCH HIGHER than comparable products from other brands. For example, you can't tell me that there are two totally different manufacturers making "Pickle Zippers" yet the Proti-diet version are just $12 per box from Nashua vs. the $29 a box my clinic charges. My guess is that many of the foods were eating are the exact same in other brands (not all obviously) because I doubt there are a lot of different factories producing this stuff. It actually wouldn't be that hard to find out.

I understand that we get coaching and monitoring in the deal but I'd rather pay for that service (my coach is great) than the super-overpriced food packets. This diet COULD be a lot less expensive but there's a lot of money to be made off of us.

Lulu64 07-30-2013 01:01 PM

We live in Washington state, we pay $4.50 a packet. This is very spendy.

drivebynotthru 07-30-2013 01:56 PM

NJ-28 bucks a box, no option for individuals. We don't pay for weigh-in or coaching.

brelo 07-30-2013 02:30 PM

I pay 30 dollars even for a box, 4.25 per individual packet. This is a super over priced program. That is a lot of money for a few bites of food! However, I have decided to stick with it because I like more of the IP foods than the alternatives, especially the puddings, and because I need the accountability of a weigh in.

KryssyBee 07-30-2013 04:00 PM

Alberta - 27.99 for boxes. No individual packs, though if I say I'm interested in trying something they'll give me a packet to 'test'.

No paying for the weigh-ins.