Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 06:04 PM   #61  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucia823 View Post
Hello all. I just returned from my week one weigh in. I lost 9.8 pounds! I cannot believe I lost that much. I know you lose more the first week due to water, etc, but that still seems like a lot. 65 pounds to go. I am very excited!

Lucia
Wow! That's fantastic...here's to a fantastic week two.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:35 PM   #62  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianonan View Post
Hi All!
Day 1 AGAIN!! I did well on IP about a year ago and lost 20lbs; I then started to slowly "cheat" I learned my lesson. It is so hard to get back on track!! Don't stray - stay OP and know that you can make it thru taking it one day (or meal) at a time (now I just have to follow my own advice).

Trying my hardest to stay focused and positive! If I'd kept going last time I'd have already been to my goal.

I enjoy reading all the posts. I see lots of new faces and look forward to joining you on your journey!
Welcome back!!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #63  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the new folk, welcome back to the old folk, and congrats to the losers!
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Question, has anyone added instant coffee, perhaps crushed with a rolling pin, to a vanilla or chocolate shake? My husband has a coffee protein powder but its really not great, only 7g of protein . I'd like to get him a better protein powder but he only likes the coffee one. Has anyone found a good coffee one?

Joined a gym today, for some strength training, toning. I planned on being in better shape by 50 yrs old, I'm only off by 6 months and getting there.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #65  

Has anyone tried the Syntrax Latte Cappuccino powder?
Nashua Nutrition is having 10% off Proti thin products. PT10 is code
Old 07-29-2013, 07:31 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Question, has anyone added instant coffee, perhaps crushed with a rolling pin, to a vanilla or chocolate shake? My husband has a coffee protein powder but its really not great, only 7g of protein . I'd like to get him a better protein powder but he only likes the coffee one. Has anyone found a good coffee one?
I use leftover cold coffee instead of water for my am smoothies with chocolate pudding mix (but today I used chocolate Syntrax Nectar with .5 tsp of xanthan gum instead of pudding mix). I also use coffee ice cubes. FYI: Syntrax Nectar also has a Cappucino flavor.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:37 PM   #67  

Thanks Lisa, I do that as well, learned from you : )
He is lazy, I make a fruit protein smoothie in the morning for him and he likes to take the coffee one to work for the afternoon. I just ordered the Syntrax one for him.

So the xanthan gum thickens it? Is it at the grocery stores?
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #68  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Thanks Lisa, I do that as well, learned from you : )
He is lazy, I make a fruit protein smoothie in the morning for him and he likes to take the coffee one to work for the afternoon. I just ordered the Syntrax one for him.

So the xanthan gum thickens it? Is it at the grocery stores?
Mine is bobs red mill brand. Don't use too much or it gets stringy. Half teaspoon is plenty

Husbands like being "waited on" don't they? I give mine other duties

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-29-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #69  

Lisa.......oh so true...........LOL He is so lost in the kitchen, I think intentionally or I know intentionally. I have to get up an extra hour early to make his breakfast, his lunch, my breakfast and lunch, our snacks and feed, water and go out with the 3 dogs, twice before work. lol.....no wonder I am tired before driving my hour to work. I wouldn't trade him for the world though, he is the best. He is a plumber, carpenter, mechanic, construction worker, electrician, there isnt anything he cant do, so I guess we trade duties.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #70  

Hi everyone. I am just going into week 5 of the IP diet but this is the first time on the forum. I am really discouraged. I am hungry ALL the time and frustrated beyond belief.

I lost 4 lbs the first week and then between 1 and 1 1/2 lbs each week since. I only want to lost a small amount - total of 15 lbs, but feel like I am just starving off a pound here and there. I follow the protocol as best as I know. My coach initially told me to expect to lose 3-4 lbs a week. Today she said 1-2 lbs a week was normal!

The only thing she came up with today was for me to cut out my daily restricted item. I take all of the supplements, drink at least 84 oz of water throughout the day, have one cup of coffee in the morning and some flavored green teas during the day. She also told me today no more than 4 hours between meals. Today she tells me that!! I usually have breakfast at 10, lunch at 2 or 2:30, dinner at 7:30 - 8:00, snack at 10PM and go to bed at 1AM. My schedule is a little skewed but the coach has said as long as I stop eating two hours before bed, I would be fine.

I am just over 50 and in the peri-menopausal phase. I haven't been exercising yet am not sedentary. I seemed to have lost inches in the first week but nothing of note since.

Typical meals would be either cereal or shake for breakfast, soup or rotini plus two cups mixed and cooked vegetables for lunch, 8 oz of chicken/beef/fish with two cups mixed and cooked vegetables for dinner and a chocolate caramel bar for a snack. I cook the vegetables/protein with 1/2 to 1 tsp of grape seed oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Favorite vegetables are asparagus, zucchini, red pepper. I also include green pepper, spinach, celery, yellow squash (not high carb squash.) I have checked meds for hidden sugars and I have cut out all sugar substitutes. I only have Walden Farms chocolate syrup or caramel in my coffee and only Walden Farms dressings with salads.

So why am I ALWAYS hungry and why am I not losing much?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:12 PM   #71  

Follow up - this may not be the best place to post this question. That would be another call out for help. Should I start a new thread for this sort of thing? I am really new at this....
Old 07-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #72  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Love love love this! I am going to do it for my daughter who started today
I went to the dollar store on my break at work and picked up two vases and some little glass stones.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:15 PM   #73  

Lauren
You'll get lots of responses right here! Lots of people read the daily
This really isn't a new topic

People with not much weight to lose usually lose slower.
They also tend to be hungrier. I'm not sure if Ketosis affects those with less insulin resistance differently? But those who get closer to goal also have slower losses. I'd say 1.5/week is great!

Taking away your only treat (restricted) will probably not help that much and only make you MORE miserable. Don't forget lettuce for hunger. It is unlimited! I'll be interested in what others have to say.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-29-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:18 PM   #74  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I have a size 11 dress that I love and only wore once before I got too big for it. It's hanging up in my room. I can't WAIT to get back into it. It's a huge motivator for me! I am also thinking about manicures, wax treatments, or haircuts as rewards in the future. Or the necessary one, clothes!

I also wanted to thank you for reaching out to me about my cheats yesterday, you are so right and it was so dumb of me to risk getting kicked out of ketosis and wasting that money on MORE IP food. I am still in keto lucky for me but I don't expect to get lucky like that again.
I have a pair of jeans from high school that were my favorite that I hope to get back in to!!

And you're welcome. That's what we are here for
Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #75  

Thank you Lisa. I want to tell you that you look fantastic and your enthusiasm, knowledge and progress is certainly impressive.

As for lettuce - I have eaten it here and there to help. After more than four weeks, it isn't enough and the hunger is just making me grumpy. Today's weigh in just angered me beyond belief. Then again, maybe the PMS hormones are kicking in right now.
Closed Thread