Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

I had made a paper chain with a link for every pound I wanted to loose. I have it hanging in the ladies room at work. So every time I loose a pound, I remove a link. It is a lot of fun to watch that chain shrink
Old 07-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Just wondering if anyone does anything "visual" to mark their weight loss. I find that, along with frequent visits to this forum, having a visual reminder of my progress helps keep me motivated. I saw an idea on Pinterest that was cute. You get two glass vases and fill one of them with one stone for every pound you want to lose. Then as you lose each pound, you transfer it over to the other vase. Anyone have any other ideas?
I love this idea too! I have also picked out a "goal" shirt for one of my first goals. I have a closet full of clothes I am dying to get back into!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:41 AM   #18  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I love the ideas! I am going to a couple concerts in November, so maybe I will dig deep into my dresser and pull out some target outfits for then!
Old 07-29-2013, 10:43 AM   #19  

I've taken a monthly picture.
Some have been posted here along the way.
Big motivator for me.
Others have bought themselves bracelets and added a charm for every mini goal.
My Fitness Pal gives me a beautiful visual every morning when I sign in, reminding me how many lbs I've lost!
I say whatever it takes to keep the motivation up is worth it!
We're all motivated differently.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #20  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

@ Lisa and A1Texan,
Thank you very much! As usual, Lisa, you said it more eloquently then I could. I wasn't frustrated by anyone's struggles, but battling my own meant I really couldn't even read about them this weekend. To be sure, it was definitely me dealing with my weaknesses, and not me focused on anyone else. Sometimes I feel 100% committed, and other times I just have to tell my husband to lock the pantry and go on a hike with me or I'm not going to make it! I will definitely stop into the 100% thread. Looks like I wasn't the only person who wasn't quite sure what it was 100% of. lol.
Quote:
Just wondering if anyone does anything "visual" to mark their weight loss. I find that, along with frequent visits to this forum, having a visual reminder of my progress helps keep me motivated. I saw an idea on Pinterest that was cute. You get two glass vases and fill one of them with one stone for every pound you want to lose. Then as you lose each pound, you transfer it over to the other vase. Anyone have any other ideas?
I LOVE this! I am going to put this in my bathroom so I see it every morning and every night. I love it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinookgirl View Post
Thanks All I like many others have tried to be on many other programs. The IP works well for me because it is as Lisa said, control back in my life with no cheating and all I have to do is follow it. I go in for wk 4 wi and have not only lost 15 lbs but gained backed my determination to see my goal to the end and come away with a healthy way to live. Thank you Lisa and all of you Karin
Congrats! Some days I am so hopeful for all this... some days less so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Within the next hour or two, i'll know if WF was the culprit...hoping that was the issue, as it's easy enough drop from the shakes. But your symptoms sound alot like mine.
I remember reading your posts. I am bummed if this is the case, but with how bad I felt I wouldn't want to risk this happening regularly! Please let me know if you think you have narrowed it down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Where does your clinic take your thigh measurement? Occassionally my coach, who is also the doctor's nurse is tied up with a procedure (we just do walk in rather than appts) so I just weigh and buy products. I can do all my other measurements but do not know how far above the knee she measures to get the thigh spot. Many thanks. Happy day!
I will check when I get home, but I believe it is 5" above my knee. They measure up every time, and then around.

Thank you everybody! I was worried I would be misunderstood in my concerns. This is so deeply personal for all of us that I really respect how we all make it through, and for me, this weekend was a tough one but I made it through without cheating. I really believe having my WI on Monday nights aids this as I can't even contemplate sabotaging my week's progress over the weekend, so close to WI.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #21  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've taken a monthly picture.
Some have been posted here along the way.
I say whatever it takes to keep the motivation up is worth it!
We're all motivated differently.
I am doing bi-weekly pictures, and monthly measurements. Then when I am done I want to put them all together in a video and watch myself shrink right before my own eyes.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #22  

Quote:
I am doing bi-weekly pictures, and monthly measurements. Then when I am done I want to put them all together in a video and watch myself shrink right before my own eyes.
What a cute idea!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #23  
Started IP on 4/29/13

S/C/G: 230/230/135

Height: 5' 2"

I am day 5 in on my first week and I get this really full feeling in my stomach and my throat (sounds weird). It happens right after I eat lunch and I almost threw up the other day. Is anyone having trouble keeping these foods down? I find that I am not finishing my soup or bars because of this.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:21 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

That is a fantastic Idea,Shrinkingsusie...think I will use this as well!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #25  
IP Restart Date: 1/6/14

S/C/G: 257.4/195.6/197

Height: 5'8"

My biggest accomplishment over the weekend was going to a birthday celebration at a mexican restaurant. I started IP on 7/1/13 and this was the first time I actually went to a restaurant for dinner. I did not touch the chip basket, order a margarita or have any birthday cake. I am so proud of myself
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #26  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

good morning all!

random question: i've noticed that my body odor has changed over the last couple of weeks. i am in week 6 of IP. i've never noticed any kind of body odor (armpits) before, and suddenly it smells like i haven't showered in days all the time. i started applying more deodorant but that wasn't helping much. switched to the "clinical strength" stuff today and i'm going to see how that goes. first time in my life with funky armpits! it must be IP/keto related, yes? i knew that i would get some bad breath from ketosis and stocked up on mints.. but armpits?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone know what i should put in to MFP for goals for food on phase 3? I know the calorie count for breakfast should be 400-500, but other than that I am not sure.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Lauran- Unfortunately, it happened again. It had happened yesterday as well (and I had not drank a RTD shake)...but I had used the IP crispy cereal pancake recipe not long before, so I'm starting to suspect that I've developed a sensitivity to something- wheat, soy, gluten...those would be the most likely culprits. I've had no issues with the Quest cookie dough bar, which is gluten free and doesn't seem to have soy in it. Looks like i'm going to have to do week long eliminations of certain things to see how I react. Very discouraging... never had any food sensitivities before IP
Old 07-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #29  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky536 View Post
Does anyone know what i should put in to MFP for goals for food on phase 3? I know the calorie count for breakfast should be 400-500, but other than that I am not sure.

Thanks!
Spunky - I am just following the IP guidelines and I'm really worry about the calories. But I did set my goals to a 1250 calorie day. I'm in my second week of P3. Hope this helps
Old 07-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #30  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
good morning all!

random question: i've noticed that my body odor has changed over the last couple of weeks. i am in week 6 of IP. i've never noticed any kind of body odor (armpits) before, and suddenly it smells like i haven't showered in days all the time. i started applying more deodorant but that wasn't helping much. switched to the "clinical strength" stuff today and i'm going to see how that goes. first time in my life with funky armpits! it must be IP/keto related, yes? i knew that i would get some bad breath from ketosis and stocked up on mints.. but armpits?
I had this too and it was a bit unsettling. Fortunately it only lasted a few days. In e interim, I carried a small deodorant in my purse and applied it a couple of times during the day. That seemed to help as opposed to just first thing in the morning.

I used clinical strength too, so hopefully that will work!!
Closed Thread