Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I have had bouts of dizziness and nausea as well. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to necessarily correlate with a lack of my daily salt or water. I have found that a little extra (unrestricted) packet has been helpful on those days. It is very scary to get so dizzy you can't stand up or feel so week and nauseated. I had this happen at the store the other day, but I sat down for a bit and even bought a protein bar and ate half of it in the store! DH was there and I just held on to him as we finished buying groceries. I was so happy to get to our vehicle and laid the seat back when we finished. After a short time I felt fine. Maybe there is something to the low blood sugar idea.

I am definitely watching my blood pressure though. Mine tends to be on the low side anyway and I have had a few bouts of very low BP since starting IP. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to last for more than a day and then I am back to myself again.
Wow so glad you are ok but that does sound just like what happened to me. I have had extra salt today, managed to stay OP without issue and ended up gettin in my usual 4 mile walk. I feel so much better to it but it was awful when it happened. Maybe I should start checking my bp. I am an endurance athlete so generally have a low pulse and regular bp. Of course I am not doing that kind of exercise for now. As someone else mentioned, it did seem to correlate with bending over and having my head drop below my heart so I am going to go a little slower tomorrow. Take care and thanks for sharing your experience- it makes me less scared.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:38 PM   #77  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Question, has anyone added instant coffee, perhaps crushed with a rolling pin, to a vanilla or chocolate shake? My husband has a coffee protein powder but its really not great, only 7g of protein . I'd like to get him a better protein powder but he only likes the coffee one. Has anyone found a good coffee one?

Joined a gym today, for some strength training, toning. I planned on being in better shape by 50 yrs old, I'm only off by 6 months and getting there.
i put pilon instant espresso in my chocolate drink mix in the blender. it is *amazing*. better than starbucks!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Floridasunshine, I usually put cold brewed coffee but that does give me an idea if I dont have any brewed. I do have espresso powder, thanks
Old 07-29-2013, 08:46 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Instant coffee in shkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
i put pilon instant espresso in my chocolate drink mix in the blender. it is *amazing*. better than starbucks!
Hi there...I add instant coffee to both the vanilla and chocolate shakes...and have done it with the IP versions as well as the EAS carb advantage shakes (actually prefer EAS because they are 11 oz). The EAS also heats better in micro wave for a hot drink in the AM...but now that it's hot they are also yummy blended with ice in the afternoon. I believe a few people use leftover coffee to make ice cubes for this purpose. (We never have any coffee left over...I need to remember to make a bigger pot!) Also don't find the need to crush the coffee...it dissolves in hot liquids, or when blended is incorporated just fine. I usually use about 2 rounded tsps...and ALWAYS use decaf instant. I just want the flavor...
Old 07-29-2013, 08:48 PM   #80  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
Thank you Lisa. I want to tell you that you look fantastic and your enthusiasm, knowledge and progress is certainly impressive.

As for lettuce - I have eaten it here and there to help. After more than four weeks, it isn't enough and the hunger is just making me grumpy. Today's weigh in just angered me beyond belief. Then again, maybe the PMS hormones are kicking in right now.
LaurenM-
I am definitely not an IP expert, but from the knowledge I have gleaned from the boards you seem to be hitting all the "slow" weight loss notes: over 50, not much to lose, and PMS.

It might not be what your coach promised, or what you want to hear, but 1.5lbs is likely pretty darn good! With your initial big loss, it means it will only take you another 3-4 weeks to get to goal - that is great! And perhaps after the PMS passes you might "whoosh", or have a bigger than normal loss.

Good luck and stick with it. You have already done so well!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #81  

Quote:
I have had bouts of dizziness and nausea as well. I am not sure why, but they don't seem to necessarily correlate with a lack of my daily salt or water. I have found that a little extra (unrestricted) packet has been helpful on those days. It is very scary to get so dizzy you can't stand up or feel so week and nauseated. I had this happen at the store the other day, but I sat down for a bit and even bought a protein bar and ate half of it in the store! DH was there and I just held on to him as we finished buying groceries. I was so happy to get to our vehicle and laid the seat back when we finished. After a short time I felt fine. Maybe there is something to the low blood sugar idea.

I am definitely watching my blood pressure though. Mine tends to be on the low side anyway and I have had a few bouts of very low BP since starting IP. The good thing is that it doesn't seem to last for more than a day and then I am back to myself again.
In 2012, I went on a different high protein diet called The Dukan diet. It was very high in unrestricted protein and more dairy than IP. Vegetables were allowed every other day. I saw huge losses relative to other diets I've been on, but I was dizzy a lot. My normal blood pressure is on the lower side but on the high protein diet, it was way too low.

With IP, I always feel energetic and never dizzy and my blood pressure is normal. I take all of the mandatory and recommended supplements and eat 1/2 tsp of the sea salt daily. The salt and potassium are much more important than I realized.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:52 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Floridasunshine, I usually put cold brewed coffee but that does give me an idea if I dont have any brewed. I do have espresso powder, thanks
I also use instant coffee in choc shake and butterscotch pudding w a little wf caramel syrup, delish almost like a starbucks kinda thing. I don't crush mine either, just let it sit in thw fridge for a little to dissolve better!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

I use organo gold instant coffee, very fine and fantastic product.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #84  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
In 2012, I went on a different high protein diet called The Dukan diet. It was very high in unrestricted protein and more dairy than IP. Vegetables were allowed every other day. I saw huge losses relative to other diets I've been on, but I was dizzy a lot. My normal blood pressure is on the lower side but on the high protein diet, it was way too low.

With IP, I always feel energetic and never dizzy and my blood pressure is normal. I take all of the mandatory and recommended supplements and eat 1/2 tsp of the sea salt daily. The salt and potassium are much more important than I realized.
I am thinking I will add an extra potassium. Before alterntives my coach mentioned extra potassium to help with muscle cramps, which I get despite getting all my salt.

Thanks.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:14 PM   #85  

Quote:
I am thinking I will add an extra potassium. Before alterntives my coach mentioned extra potassium to help with muscle cramps, which I get despite getting all my salt.

Thanks.
an extra mag can also help, but i'd go easy on taking too many extra
Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

The BO comments made me feel a teeny bit better. I was photographing a wedding (13 hours thank you very much) and had little to drink and only bars to eat for lunch and snack until I got home. It was over 100 out, thankfully we weren't outside too long but I smelled terrible. It was mortifying. Never in my life have I smelled like that. I think ketosis plus dehydration made it so terrible. I'm not carrying water with $2000 worth of equipment and don't have another way to carry it with me but I'll have to think of something by my September wedding.

I struggled hard core with cheating last time I did IP. This time I'm good! You just need to get to the point where food isn't worth it to you. It's possible!

Weigh in tomorrow, should be good to go! It looks like I should be down another 2-3 lbs.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

I finally set up my weight loss ticker, hopefully it works!

WI#5, I lost 1.6lbs! Trying to be excited about it, it is definitely less than previous weeks, but I knew that smaller numbers would be coming soon. The sucky part is that I know it is from being a bit constipated. Of course, after my WI I was able to go. Maybe will have a bigger loss next week!

Congrats to everyone else on your victories!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hmm no weight loss ticker. I wonder what I did wrong. Will have to research this. I know there was an instruction thread somewhere that I didn't read before I started...
Old 07-30-2013, 06:03 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default extra potassium in diet

I agree all...go easy on adding potassium tablets (or extra vitamins on your own).....google "potassium in vegetables" or check this link to a page I quickly found. A lot of the allowed P 1 veggies are on the list of highest in potassium...Try making sure you're eating your allotment from these sources... then ask your Dr about adding a pill......electrolyte balance is not for amateurs.

http://www.healthaliciousness.com/ar...vegetables.php
Closed Thread