Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #1  

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 7/27 - Sunday 7/28/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #2  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Having only been here a month I felt a bit like an old timer as I wanted to comment on several of the new threads, "There has already been a thread on that! Look at page 2 or 3 or do a search!" it made me chuckle.

Good luck everyone on being OP for the weekend. I am going to see Red 2 this weekend and do some cleaning/gardening, and take it nice and easy.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Well tomorrow is weigh in and of course I checked in this morning on the scale. Only down 2 lbs this week but then took measurements and have lost a total of 7" in 2 weeks, 3" off of my waist, 2" off of hips, 1" off of thigh and (sadly lol) 1" off of bust. I cannot believe that my hips are exactly 10" bigger than my waist! I am very bottom heavy so this is a big deal for me!

My husband reminds me that he only lost 1.8 in week 2 and that it would still be an average of 4.4 lbs per week which is great! I was very good yesterday after of course support from all of you! No blts ( bites, licks or tastes) - I had been having one or two slices to turkey when I got super hungry. No more! I also stopped using Mio for the day and just had plain water all day, which honestly I love. I've only added Mio to combat the less than pleasant taste in my mouth lol.

On our way to his weigh in soon. He is doing great! Getting a big order from netrition on Monday and a great weekend ahead! I'm going to try eating dinner at lunch and vice versa to try to alleviate the heavy bloated feeling I get at night. Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #4  
Start IP 6/6/2013

S/C/G: 199/153/120

Height: 5ft

Default Yeah!!

I'm down 20lbs since yesterday with 7 weeks on IP!!! Down almost 2 pant sizes! My weekend plan is to dig out clothes from my clothes bins that will fit me. I didn't think I would have to do this so soon and I love it!!!

I've realized that my focus should be monthly weight loss (now that I am able to look at that time frame) versus daily or even weekly. I had 2 weeks that I was down only .5lbs and felt discouraged. My coach is also more of a cashier and doesn't have much time for me but it doesn't matter as long as I use this site and am diligent.

It works and the sacrifice is worth it!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:21 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Yesterday was my WI and I gained .4 did lose inches. I only have 7 lbs to go But I am really having a hard time trying to stick to program. I usually eat tomato basil soup and veggies for lunch which has been fine for 4 months now It just is not doing it for me. So I bought some of the IP tomato basil macaroni and will try and make a pasta salad. It is dining the day I have a hard time after dinner I am fine. I started on IP April 2 and it has been a great diet but these last 10 has really been hard I find myself cheating all the time. Any suggestions???
Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #6  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Having only been here a month I felt a bit like an old timer as I wanted to comment on several of the new threads, "There has already been a thread on that! Look at page 2 or 3 or do a search!" it made me chuckle.

Good luck everyone on being OP for the weekend. I am going to see Red 2 this weekend and do some cleaning/gardening, and take it nice and easy.
I am planning to go see Red 2 as well! I loved the first one. I am out of soy puffs, so I guess I'll take a bar instead. I sure would love buttered popcorn. (Sigh)

I m looking forward to a fun weekend with my family and friends. Hope the weather cooperates and we can get out on the boat.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Oh I am missing my hot air popped corn with butter of course and lots of salt..........oh my mouth is watering. I know someday I can have it again, but not a whole bowlful just a couple cups. LOL Thats the biggest thing I am missing on IP, my salty crunchy snacks, like pretzels and pop corn. I tried the IP BBQ things, the cheddar things, they just dont cut it. I used to have 1 piece of dark chocolate after lunch daily and that I miss too. The chocolate soy things are ok, but I do them only once a week. I seem to do better with a shake for my snack in the afternoon. I drink it in the car on the way home from work (3ish) and then do dinner about 7ish.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #8  

The people who are most successful getting to goal are the ones who change their attitudes about food. Rather than lusting after what they are missing, they find suitable replacements and move forward happily knowing they don't have to live in deprivation.

Those who are counting the days until they an have x, y,or z again are the ones I see back in the reboot thread the quickest or the ones I have seen disappear, rather than get to goal.

I've been here almost a year. My other buddies in that timeframe have seen a lot of people come and go and a few stick it out. Let's all be a part of the success story!

Attitude is EVERYTHING on this plan.

And remember

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-27-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Oh Lisa I know that, IP is an entire life changing thing, a whole new way of thinking about food and eating. My coach has even said I'll be able to have my pop corn again.......chuckle, just not a whole bowl and not daily. I know that as well. I am here for the long haul and no rebooting. My mind is made up after years of yo-yo dieting to try to lose 20lbs, getting half way there, stalling and gaining back. The IP is the only diet, way of eating, that works for me. I've learned over the years that I have had a fairly healthy diet with lots of fruits and veggies and too many healthy whole grain carbs. The carbs were my down fall and all the natural sugars from the large quantity of fruits. I know that I can get back to them eventually, but not to the amount that I was eating.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #10  

i've read about making cauliflower like popcorn..supposed to taste just the same really....i believe it was in the Finnish mans recipe thread...you could make it buttery or sweet or however you wanted. It's really something to research and maybe get your taste buds loving now...rather than going back to popcorn.

BTW good day everyone....happy weekend. What's red2? lol
and i have to attended a bday BBQ this weekend...im really not looking forward to it...i'm finding i doing best on this plan being 100% antisocial lol...and really it's the DH family i really do not want to have to explain to them what i am doing or why...*sigh*' but its going to have to happen. I hope you all have a nicer weekend than i will
Old 07-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #11  

LOL i just made Lisa's chocolate muffins and didn't use papers like suggested my muffins are brown blobs outta the tin lol...i've always used papers for the lemon poppy seed ones i make and it seems to not alter them at all ... tasty tho..thanks for the recipe lisa D:
Old 07-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

So just went to my week 7 weigh in and I am down 1.8. Now if this was weight watchers I would be thrilled but because its IP I am slightly disappointed. This is exactly what Lisa was just talking about!!! That is all mental and all in my head!!! I will be happy with 1.8 or any loss!! (Or at least try to be, lol) good luck this weekend everyone!!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
The people who are most successful getting to goal are the ones who change their attitudes about food. Rather than lusting after what they are missing, they find suitable replacements and move forward happily knowing they don't have to live in deprivation.
Well said, Lisa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
BTW good day everyone....happy weekend. What's red2? lol
and i have to attended a bday BBQ this weekend...im really not looking forward to it...i'm finding i doing best on this plan being 100% antisocial lol...and really it's the DH family i really do not want to have to explain to them what i am doing or why...*sigh*' but its going to have to happen. I hope you all have a nicer weekend than i will
Hi Art,

Congrats on your losses so far! It took me a long time to want to tell people that I was on IP, especially family. I did notice though that most people don't even notice what you are eating. Hopefully a BBQ will have protein that you can eat. And maybe bring a salad or veggie tray that is IP friendly, then you know you can have what you want. And when you turn down the cake, just say that you are cutting back. No need to explain more if you don't want to. Then have a bar or soy puffs or something waiting for you on the drive home as your treat and reward for staying OP! Enjoy the company at the BBQ and focus in that, rather than the food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
So just went to my week 7 weigh in and I am down 1.8. Now if this was weight watchers I would be thrilled but because its IP I am slightly disappointed. This is exactly what Lisa was just talking about!!! That is all mental and all in my head!!! I will be happy with 1.8 or any loss!! (Or at least try to be, lol) good luck this weekend everyone!!
Congrats on your loss, Trish! I know it may be a bit disappointing, but your weight loss in 7 weeks is amazing! And you may have one week with a gain at some point, but that's ok too. It just means that much more weight loss next week. There are so many factors influencing weight loss that we can drive ourselves crazy with one number, one week. Hang in there, you are doing awesome!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:29 AM   #14  

@1LittleStar yah im planning on staying 100% OP while at the BBQ, im even bringing a big salad and veggies with dip, even if they dont eat it i will ..and it will be all OP! i have told most of my friends about the diet..and even know most dont get it....his family, meh i just dont wanna get into with them..plus i'd rather just be a wallflower than have all eyes on me about my new lifestyle lol...tho...tbh, i will talk about it with anyone...for a long time...im not ashamed or shy about this diet, i full 100% believe in it..and its amazing results. But thanks sister for the support

@trishthayer 1.8lbs is like amazing...and even when i did WW that would be a GREAT WEEK....but yes, weight loss is all mental...and as long as the scale is going down...that is all that matters
Old 07-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 230/195/140

Height: 5' 5"

Wow Lisa, I haven't been on in a long time and I have to say you look great. I love your profile picture.
Closed Thread