Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #31  
Round 2 started 6/21/13

S/C/G: 269/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Happy weekend!

I am very pleased with myself today. Went to a friend's house for a play date with LO and for dinner. We wanted to cook out on the grill, so I asked my friend yesterday if she could do dinner for the kids and I would bring food for us. She is gluten and dairy-free, so my foil salmon with a couple if lemon slices and zucchini, pepper, mushroom mix was perfect for both of us! Kids had their hamburgers. They all had fruit for dessert, which I just skipped. Everyone was happy with dinner, and I stayed wonderfully OP. Life was good today

I finally crossed the magical onederland border on my scale, so as long as I stay OP until Thursday my official coach WI should show that as well. Good times!
Old 07-27-2013, 11:10 PM   #32  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi all! Just popping in to say hi. Still under the weather and still OP. My hunger is coming back and I am looking forward to being better soon. Hope you are all well!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:21 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 220

hi lisa. i want to congratulate you on your positive attitude and all you have achieved. Did or do you use any other products besides IP that are comparative with nutritional info?
Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Lisa, just tried your zuccini muffins and they are so much better than one of the similr recipes that uses egg whites. The texture of these is much better and i realize I forgot to saute the zuccini. I put the dough in three muffin cups then put a quarter teaspoon of extract in each and mixed with a fork. One orange, one coconut and one banana. Mmmm, great snack for movie night.

I baked at 350 for 25 minutes.
I actually do use egg whites, too. It was by oversight they were omitted when I typed the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiCole View Post
hi lisa. i want to congratulate you on your positive attitude and all you have achieved. Did or do you use any other products besides IP that are comparative with nutritional info?
Hi. There are many great successes on the IP board!

There are many great alternative products. We have 2 main alternative threads going right now. You'll find lots of info in them.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-28-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

WI today for week 2. -3.0 lbs for a total of 9.6 and - 7.0 inches! I certainly have never lost an average of 4.8 lbs a week before! Excited that my daughter comes home today and starts an alternative program tomorrow!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:16 AM   #36  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Good morning everyone, just stopping in to say Hi before I drive my sister back home to Toronto. I always find I have a hard time getting all of my water in when I am traveling because I am afraid when I don't have constant access to a restroom.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their weekend!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:25 AM   #37  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

11 weeks on IP and I just tried the Crispy Cereal pancakes with WF syrup today. WOW! They were downright delicious. I think I have a new meal to work into my routine. If you haven't tried them, I highly recommend! I'm not even a huge pancake lover but decided to give them a try for variety. PS - I think the cinnamon was the key. I have to think of what else I can add cinnamon to. It tasted sooooo good!
Old 07-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 181.8/goal weight 135

Height: 4'10

I am on my third week of IP. I used ketosis test strips and I am not in ketosis. Am I doing something wrong. I did have a bite of cake on Thursday. wi1 i lost 5 lbs 2nd week lost 2.8 lbs. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks for the help. Great sight, everyone is so positive. thanks
Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Has anyone frozen the pudding packets or drink packets in an attempt at ice cream?
Old 07-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #40  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhondamarie View Post
I am on my third week of IP. I used ketosis test strips and I am not in ketosis. Am I doing something wrong. I did have a bite of cake on Thursday. wi1 i lost 5 lbs 2nd week lost 2.8 lbs. Am I doing something wrong. Thanks for the help. Great sight, everyone is so positive. thanks
I'm kind of new, but I think if you search for ketostix you'll find that sometimes the strips do not register ketones after you have been on IP for a few weeks...not enough ketones. Give it a try. Stay OP and you'll keep losing!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Restarting IP for about the hundreth time, ive got to do this for myself!!! I just started re-reading The Beck Diet Solution book, hopefully with this and counseling I can get my binge eating under control. According to my scale I gained 6lbs since yesterdays binge *sigh* I only have myself to blame. So glad I found this supportive community, you all are wonderful! ~Sara
Old 07-28-2013, 03:42 PM   #42  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Has anyone frozen the pudding packets or drink packets in an attempt at ice cream?
I would mix an orange drink with a vanilla pudding and put them in popsicle makers... Tastes just like a creamsicle! Since it was two packets, I would only eat half a batch. I also used to pop my vanilla pudding into the freezer but found it never really froze solid, just got sort of frosty/icy on the top, and really cold under. Was still good though.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-28-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #43  

Hey all! Well I'm having a rough weekend over here as far as cheats go. Friday night I had a whiskey and diet coke, followed by two more shots of whiskey. And boy did I pay for it all day on saturday, terrible headache, and no appetite Then last night we went out with some friends later on in the night, I brought my evening snack with me just incase I got hungry and wanted a cheat! So I ate my bar but I still ended up getting 5 chicken wings. No sauce, just a lemon pepper rub which wouldn't be so bad if they weren't deep fried with the skin on. However the scale hasn't moved up this weekend (yet) so I think I'm getting away with it, possibly because I was doing yard work in the heat saturday morning. Time to behave!! Hope everyone is doing better than me!!

Last edited by coloradogirl; 07-28-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #44  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Trying multiquoting again today, I am not giving up yet! Thanks Mntrose for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie Mommy View Post

I finally crossed the magical onederland border on my scale, so as long as I stay OP until Thursday my official coach WI should show that as well. Good times!
Way to go! Congratulations on crossing the line! I am plugging along and looking forward to that day myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
I believe Rainbow has a recipe on this. You could try a search. I find google searches work the best for me. Try including 3fat chicks, recipes from the rainbow, and ice cream as your key words. There are also threads for tons of recipes in the first post of the daily chat.

Okay, I am going to submit this, and apologize in advance if it doesn't work, fingers crossed!
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #45  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
However the scale hasn't moved up this weekend (yet) so I think I'm getting away with it
When I am tempted to cheat, I don't look at it as eating some off-protocol food with the possibility of gaining, it's about throwing yourself out of ketosis and wasting a good 3+ days getting back into it. Not worth enjoying 10 minutes of eating something off-protocol to waste the next 3+ days trying to make up for it. Maybe the scale didn't go up, but it didn't go down either, so did you really get away with it? Not trying to bring you down, just offering advice and a different viewpoint to help keep you on track. We are all here to succeed!!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Closed Thread