Originally Posted by Balanced Life
Wow how about Maple Grove Farms sugar free mixing only with water? Any idea? Sorry, I still struggle to figure this out...
Maple Grove Farms SF Mix would be fine with one change. It is too light on protein so you need to add an egg white (which makes the pancakes fluff up more anyway so - bonus)!
Regarding how to determine if an alternative product is compatible with IP, these are the basic guidelines:
- under 200 calories
- less than 30% calories from fat (multiply calories from fat by 3; if lower than the total calories product is fine)
- 8g or less NET carbs - unrestricted
- 9g-16g net carbs - restricted
- 17g net carbs - super restricted (only twice per week)
- above 17g net carbs is too high to be good for Phase 1
- at least 12-15g protein
If you search AMberjules, she has posted a cute little graphics with these guidelines that manyhave printed and keep in their wallets to check products they find.
Also, for those using IP PACKETS, the crispy cereal makes an AWESOME unrestricted pancake! Crush it really really well (I use a rolling pin on the outside of the packet). Mix w/about 2 oz water, add a tsp of baking powder and let it sit for a few minutes to activate. I sometimes add cinnamon or extracts. I also occasionally add an egg white just to increase the volume and fluffiness.
YUMMMMMMMM!!! Time for breakfast