Old 07-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #1  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/170

Height: 5'9

Default Hunger ?

Does anyone else has an issue about being full, forgetting to eat, not being hungry and not being able to finish off dinner size meals (8 oz. protein - 2 cups veggies and lettuce) ?? Do we have to eat it all or can we lower the amount ? It seems to me that by eating so much I am going to burst out...
Any suggestions or past experience ?
Thank you and have a great weekend
Frenchy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy71 View Post
Does anyone else has an issue about being full, forgetting to eat, not being hungry and not being able to finish off dinner size meals (8 oz. protein - 2 cups veggies and lettuce) ?? Do we have to eat it all or can we lower the amount ? It seems to me that by eating so much I am going to burst out...
I wish I could help you, but I have the opposite problem, Im always starving! How long have you been on IP?
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #3  

I'm only starving by (before!) lunch and then when I see it's time for dinner I cringe thinking about all the meat I need to consume. I have doing 3 oz at lunch and 5oz at dinner. But somehow I manage to pack it in. :-)

Sweet cravings are what's killin' me. Uggghhhh....
juicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 PM   #4  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

I started on 07/15 Alaskan RN - I do not have any cravings for "forbidden" food and am 100% committed !
Old 07-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #5  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

Juicey - My coach told me that I could switch my lunch and dinner... and I am seriously thinking about doing this to avoid the BIG dinner in the evening !
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 PM   #6  

Quote:
Juicey - My coach told me that I could switch my lunch and dinner... and I am seriously thinking about doing this to avoid the BIG dinner in the evening !
Thats a really good idea! Maybe that would help me during my 12.5 hour shifts. I have to be at work at 6:30am and dont get usually get off till 8pm (shift change takes forever!) and I am friggin starving by then!!!
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #7  
Joined IP on 07/15/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Thats a really good idea! Maybe that would help me during my 12.5 hour shifts. I have to be at work at 6:30am and dont get usually get off till 8pm (shift change takes forever!) and I am friggin starving by then!!!

AlaskanRN - you should ask your coach what he/she thinks - After all, mine told me that we can adapt anything to our lifestyle as long as we stay within the protocol... so why not ??
Old 07-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #8  

Quote:
Great idea....I'm sort of heading towards that anyway, by breaking up my protein. I think I feel like I'm not THAT hungry so I try and save up all my packets and carbs, etc for later in the day in case I'm starving.
I think that may not be working.
juicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #9  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Frenchy, another easy way to get your veggies in is to add a cup of baby spinach if you do shakes in the AM/PM. I find getting down two cups of veggies in one sitting is SUPER hard for me (unless I'm eating a salad). I blend the baby spinach in my AM shake (and sometimes my PM one) and can't even taste it. Also, maybe bring a cup or 1/2 a cup of a raw veggie to snack on between breakfast and lunch? I've done that with cucumber slices. A little salt and pepper and I'm good to go. And definitely break up the protein. I do 4 oz. at lunch and 4 oz. at dinner, but doing more at lunchtime and less at dinner definitely wouldn't hurt.

I do agree about sometimes not being hungry, but following the protocol to the letter has me down 12.2 lbs in 2 weeks, so I will force it down if I have to!

For example, this is what I ate today:

B: IP chocolate drink mix, 1 c. baby spinach, 1 oz. coffee concentrate, .5 oz. Torani SF Salted Caramel syrup
L: 4 oz. pork loin, 1 c. tri-color bell peppers, romaine lettuce, lemon and olive oil dressing
S: IP strawberry wafers
D: 4 oz. shrimp, 1/2 c. zucchini "noodles", 1/2 c. cucumber, 1/2 c. tri-color bell peppers, 1/4 c. mung bean sprouts, 1/4 c. shallots over romaine (yeah, that was a BIG salad)
S: IP vanilla RTD

Last edited by meinola; 07-26-2013 at 11:32 PM.
meinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #10  

Quote:
AlaskanRN - you should ask your coach what he/she thinks - After all, mine told me that we can adapt anything to our lifestyle as long as we stay within the protocol... so why not ??
Honestly my coach is super unsupportive and never gives me any ideas or advice. She hurries through my weigh in and acts like she doesnt have time. She only talks about stuff going on in her life. Shes never glanced at my journal or said anything about my weight going up when I cheat. Thats why Im happy I found this forum!

Also, I find it interesting that shes always told me that the Regional IP director for Alaska says to eat 5 packets a day, so 3 meals and 2 snacks.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:39 PM   #11  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Honestly my coach is super unsupportive and never gives me any ideas or advice. She hurries through my weigh in and acts like she doesnt have time. She only talks about stuff going on in her life. Shes never glanced at my journal or said anything about my weight going up when I cheat. Thats why Im happy I found this forum!

Also, I find it interesting that shes always told me that the Regional IP director for Alaska says to eat 5 packets a day, so 3 meals and 2 snacks.
Booo for unsupportive coaches. Just come here; so many people have more knowledge and experience than the coaches.

FIVE packets a day? Plus the 8 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies??? I would die.
meinola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Booo for unsupportive coaches. Just come here; so many people have more knowledge and experience than the coaches.

FIVE packets a day? Plus the 8 oz of protein and 4 cups of veggies??? I would die.
Lol yes 5 packets plus the veggies and 8oz of protien! I eat it all and im starving, but I havent been 100% committed to be honest. I workout more than an hour a day though.... Last week I did 2 days in a row and did 4 hours each day of running, swimming, biking and hiking.

I compete in a number of endurance sports. Several months ago I crashed in a mountain bike race and had a bad injury (a mama moose got in my way), i got depressed that i was injured and put on 30lbs, thats why im on IP.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Quote:
Lol yes 5 packets plus the veggies and 8oz of protien! I eat it all and im starving, but I havent been 100% committed to be honest. I workout more than an hour a day though.... Last week I did 2 days in a row and did 4 hours each day of running, swimming, biking and hiking.

I compete in a number of endurance sports. Several months ago I crashed in a mountain bike race and had a bad injury (a mama moose got in my way), i got depressed that i was injured and put on 30lbs, thats why im on IP.
Holy moly! A moose?! I am a triathlete AlaskanRN and I too had a bike accident. I got a blowout and went over the handle bars, but a Moose! Wow. I am amazed that you have enough energy to exercise 4 hours a day! Congrats! I sadly have a complete rotator cuff tear and a bicep tear and have surgery in a few weeks so I am limited to walking and lower strength. I think I could ride a stationary bike.... I can't maintain or lose weight without exercise so I decided that IP would help me through and I am so glad I did. I am seeing way more benefits than just a lower number on the scale.

Maybe your coach said more packets due to your activity? When my husband was getting ready to train for Ironman and was OP they encouraged him to add eggs lol, but I think an extra packet is a much better choice as you need carbs to burn.

I am so sorry your coach is unsupportive but like Meinola says ( and she rocks btw), you've got us and we've got you!
Balanced Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #14  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all - I always found that splitting my protein between lunch and dinner worked best while in phase 1. Otherwise I was staving by dinner! This never seemed to affect my losses. Can't hurt to try this.

You could also consider some protein at breakfast - maybe add a bit of silken tofu to a shake in the blender.
Lizzy63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:30 AM   #15  

Quote:

This is because on another thread you have mentioned you are training up to 3 hours/day. There is actually an alternative protocol for athletes. I'm unsure why that wasn't recommended.

Or just skip IP and follow the book "The Art and Science of Low Carb Performance "

IP was originally designed for off-season or injured athletes. Not athletes in training.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote