Help! IP Friendly Striped Bass idea

• Hi! I got a challenge, we are planning on having some fresh striped bass for dinner tonight. I have it cut up in Sea Scallop sized chunks as it was a weird part of the fish, it was GIANT I caught it on a charter boat!

Every recipe I come across says bread it, well I obviously do not want to and do not have any IP Packets to waste on it. Any ideas what I could do with this fish?
  • I know you said you don't want to waste an IP packet on it, but I crush up the SW Cheese curls and use them for breading on chicken and shrimp... SO GOOD! 1 pack will typically bread 4 meals for me (I usually only eat 1/2 my protein at dinner)

Alternatively, you could marinate it in homemade vinaigrette dressing and then grill it. Use lots of lemon & garlic and pretty much anything is good.
  • My favorite fish marinade is to mix soy sauce, fresh grated ginger, lemon, a touch of oil and salt and pepper. I pour this over my fish and bake.
  • I would just grill it with some olive oil and a seasoning (lemon pepper is good). I think simple preparations are good for fresh fish.
  • I have to agree with MDLoser, with really fresh fish just a little seasoning and grilling and it will be amazing.
  • I use a variety of the Mrs Dash seasonings depending on what
    you like. Use Olive oil spray pam and season, then put in a foil packet
    and grill. Delish!! Or fresh herbs is great this time of the year with Lemon.
    yum!
    Congrats on your catch!

d
  • I know its too late for your dinner, but my family has been cooking striped bass on the grill for years and years. We put it in foil pouch, with EVOO, lemon, garlic, chunks of onions, peppers, summer squash, zucchini, Mrs Dash fresh parsley. I know you would have to leave out the summer squash to stay OP. When we have thick fillets, we just fillet them thinner. Perhaps next time...
  • Quote: I know its too late for your dinner, but my family has been cooking striped bass on the grill for years and years. We put it in foil pouch, with EVOO, lemon, garlic, chunks of onions, peppers, summer squash, zucchini, Mrs Dash fresh parsley. I know you would have to leave out the summer squash to stay OP. When we have thick fillets, we just fillet them thinner. Perhaps next time...
    Summer squash is like green and yellow zucchini and is OP unlike starchy winter squashes.
  • JLUS, I asked my coach at the clinic and was told NO, only zucchini,. The yellow summer squash is not allowed, I believe she said it has a higher sugar content, sweeter? I cant see it but I havent had it and would love to
  • Quote: JLUS, I asked my coach at the clinic and was told NO, only zucchini,. The yellow summer squash is not allowed, I believe she said it has a higher sugar content, sweeter? I cant see it but I havent had it and would love to
    Yes - I bet this is another one of the "some coaches say yes, some coaches say no" items!

I've seen this same question on here several times and different coaches must feel differently about it! 1 cup of yellow squash has one more carb than one cup zucchini and is one number higher on the glycemic index. It is also shown on TONS of low-carb websites as an excellent option.

I'm NOT suggesting you eat it against your coaches advice... but just saying a number of IPers do and still lose weight.