Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
I was considering cutting the spinach and WF choc syrup, but this feels so absolutely horrible that at this point, i'm afraid to try the RTD with or without the other ingredients again. I'm hunched over at my work desk right now. Praying I feel better in time for the concert tonight.
Wow, take care. Not sure what would be causing it although some people have reactions to sugar substitutes after using them for a while. I make the wild berry yogurt drink with the WF chocolate syrup and it is yummy. Not sure if you would get the same reaction but it might work. You may want to consider seeing the doc.... Again, take care.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone. Second weigh-in this morning and I am down 3 lbs! Was hoping for a bit more, but I will gladly take it as I spent 4 days this week with Big C and TOM showed up yesterday. Onto week three!!!
Hey!by my math that is an average of 5.5 lbs a week! rock on!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 PM   #33  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
Good morning! I've been on IP for 11 weeks now and am pretty pleased with the results. However, over the last 3 days I have been having terrible dizzy spells first thing in the morning. I've made sure I'm not getting out of bed too fast and they do pass rather quickly, but this is new for me. Yesterday, the room was spinning while I was still lying in bed. Could this be related to the diet? Curious if others have had similar issues.

Hangdog, I had the same issues and had my BP checked yesterday. 97/73. My Dr is reducing my bp meds over the next few weeks. Check your BP with your Dr ASAP if you can.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #34  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

I just sent an email to Abbot Labs about the EAS RTD AdvantEDGE carb control drink. I've had slimy chunks in the last several Chocolate Fudge drinks that I've opened. No amount of shaking has alleviated this problem. I don't know what's going on with the drink, so I've stopped using them for now. I'll let everyone know what they say.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will call the dr this afternoon. I'm not on any Blood pressure meds (never have been) and m almost always 110/70. I have a blood pressure kit at home that I bought when my son was having some high readings and it wasn't low, it was actually pretty high. 183/86. I'm not one who calls the doctor easily. I do my routine check ups and that's about it but this has me a little concerned. I know blood pressure and kidneys go hand in hand and I know IP can put a strain on your kidneys so, I'm wondering if there is a connection. I sure hope not.

Guess I better make that call.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Excellent timing, I was just checking into this thread today to ask about salt!! Yesterday my coach was mentioning that some of the way I was feeling might be due to lack of salt (I'm usually ok but the other day I was completely wiped out but not sleepy in the afternoon but was also more active that morning). She said to do a salt lick if I was feeling that way and that my blood pressure might be low.

Pre diet my blood pressure was usually a little low, 107/70 or around there. I stopped by Fred Meyer this morning to do their free machine and it was 88/69 today!! Eep, getting to the low end of normal! I came home and had a slice of lunch meat with almost a 1/4 tsp of salt!

QUESTION: My Phase 1 sheet says "minimum of 1/4 tsp salt with your meals" - is that 1/4 tsp with every meal including snack or just 1/4 spread out through the day? Should I be getting basically a whole tsp by the end of the day? I love salt and thought I was putting a lot of salt on stuff but definitely not that much (coach said a salt shaker will never put enough on your food and to measure it). Didn't realize until I got home from coach visit that the sheet wouldn't be completely clear on amount.

Since I've switched to more shakes I've had to consciously think about getting enough oil in my diet and now need to think about the salt too.

Last edited by thinnerJ; 07-25-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:13 PM   #37  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Spinach shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Aprlem, I add spinach just about every morning with all my shakes. I do usually put an ounce of coffee concentrate in my vanilla shakes, so it already makes them a little darker/taste a bit different. You can see the spinach, but I can't taste it. I also wash and freeze my baby spinach in individual one-cup ziplocs, so that I don't have to measure it in the AM.
Thanks. I tried a chocolate one for lunch, with some decaf coffee, cinnamon and coffee ice cubes. Delicious!! This would be a great way to trick kids into eating their veggies
Old 07-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #38  
April

S/C/G: 163/142/140

Default Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will call the dr this afternoon. I'm not on any Blood pressure meds (never have been) and m almost always 110/70. I have a blood pressure kit at home that I bought when my son was having some high readings and it wasn't low, it was actually pretty high. 183/86. I'm not one who calls the doctor easily. I do my routine check ups and that's about it but this has me a little concerned. I know blood pressure and kidneys go hand in hand and I know IP can put a strain on your kidneys so, I'm wondering if there is a connection. I sure hope not.

Guess I better make that call.
Best of luck to you Hangdog. Please keep us posted on your status.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprlem View Post
Thanks. I tried a chocolate one for lunch, with some decaf coffee, cinnamon and coffee ice cubes. Delicious!! This would be a great way to trick kids into eating their veggies
My daughter now asks if she can have a "popeye" each morning: 1c milk, 1c spinach, chocolate milk powder all whipped together in the blender. I think she is used to the seeing the color in the blender now but I've always put it in a lidded metallic cup with a colored flexi straw so she doesn't freak out about the color (very picky 3yo who often rejects green foods on sight).
Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #40  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! This is my first time posting and you all seem so friendly I figured I would give it a try even though I feel more comfortable lurking and reading.

I am in my third week of IP and my first two WIs were 7.3 and 7.1 pounds respectively. I was surprised at how much I lost but I was also surprised at how few inches (fewer than 3) I lost. I am a type 2 diabetic and I have been diagnosed with IBS so perhaps the IBS is playing a role on the inches front.

My husband and I are doing the program together but I have to say I am not overwhelmed by the counselors at our IP clinic. We never get the same person despite going the same time weekly and they have given very contradictory information about water intake and additional sweeteners. I was severely admonished for drinking more than 80 oz. of clear water (I weigh more than 300 lbs so I have always tried to drink more than the eight to ten 8oz. glasses I have seen recommended.) I was then told that I can drink an unlimited amount of non clear water (herbal teas.) Our clinic also counts celery and cucumber as free and unrestricted (which I enjoyed in the first few weeks but have not felt the need to this week) and allows 4 servings of non-aspartame sweetener daily.

All in all, by adding their input to all the information at this site and a few other IP sites, I am sure that my husband and I will continue our successes (he has lost 21.4 pounds so far) and reach our end goals and then take that ultimate very belated Hawaiian honeymoon.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:33 PM   #41  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprlem View Post
Best of luck to you Hangdog. Please keep us posted on your status.
Just got back from PCP and all is fine. He said I was right to be concerned with those readings, but he thinks my home BP kit may be malfunctioning. That being said, my readings were still a little on the high side for me. The first was 145/90 and the second was 128/85. He felt much better after the second reading.

All in all, he congratulated me on the weight loss, warned me about not going back to my old eating ways, and gave me a mini-lecture of "crash diets." He didn't know anything about IP and although I tried to explain it, he said getting the weight off was good, but the trick is in maintaining it. I guess he's right and he's never had much of a bedside manner, so oh well. I know what I need to do and I'm sure he sees hundreds of patients yo-yo so his advice is warranted.

He didn't seem at all concerned with my dizzy spells. Hmmmm. Really? But I will just keep track of things on my end, be sure to up my salt intake and maybe invest in a new BP cuff.

So, thanks for all of your replies. Glad to hear it's nothing terrible to be concerned about.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettac View Post
Hello all! This is my first time posting and you all seem so friendly I figured I would give it a try even though I feel more comfortable lurking and reading.

I am in my third week of IP and my first two WIs were 7.3 and 7.1 pounds respectively. I was surprised at how much I lost but I was also surprised at how few inches (fewer than 3) I lost. I am a type 2 diabetic and I have been diagnosed with IBS so perhaps the IBS is playing a role on the inches front.

My husband and I are doing the program together but I have to say I am not overwhelmed by the counselors at our IP clinic. We never get the same person despite going the same time weekly and they have given very contradictory information about water intake and additional sweeteners. I was severely admonished for drinking more than 80 oz. of clear water (I weigh more than 300 lbs so I have always tried to drink more than the eight to ten 8oz. glasses I have seen recommended.) I was then told that I can drink an unlimited amount of non clear water (herbal teas.) Our clinic also counts celery and cucumber as free and unrestricted (which I enjoyed in the first few weeks but have not felt the need to this week) and allows 4 servings of non-aspartame sweetener daily.

All in all, by adding their input to all the information at this site and a few other IP sites, I am sure that my husband and I will continue our successes (he has lost 21.4 pounds so far) and reach our end goals and then take that ultimate very belated Hawaiian honeymoon.

I couldn't tell you about coaches because I am doing this on my own, but I wouldn't think that you are drinking too much water. The sheets say a MINIMUM of 64 oz.

You are off to a great start with the losses. The inches will come! Then there will be no weight off of the scale and inches lost.

Just have the faith and follow the program and you will be amazed!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post

I've been using the IP RTD shakes almost every day since starting this program with no issues. Last Sunday, as usual, had my shake with spinach...within an hour, had the worst abdominal pains and nausea for about an hour or two until I used the bathroom, so chalked it up to that. Monday, went to work, had the shake, same thing happened, but figured it was related to the tonsilitis I was diagnosed having on Monday as well. Happened again Tuesday, and at that point began to suspect my food. Had a Quest bar yesterday for breakfast with no issues. Tried my shake again this morning, and am in agony again. Has anyone else developed anything like this after eating or drinking something with no issues for a while? I'm a pretty picky eater, so if I can't do the shakes for breakfast, i've got no idea what i'm going to eat.
Were you using the same batch of spinach in all of your shakes? If so, is it possible that your spinach is tainted? Salmonella could be a culprit. I've had it from other foods. Not fun and my symptoms were similar to yours.

Last edited by JenJen444; 07-25-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
Good morning all!!!

Ok... so TOM is officially 1 week late (no, there is no chance for pregnancy). How late is it normally on IP? Last month is was a few days, but is it going to be constantly getting pushed back?
For me, the PMS arrives right on time every month, but my actual TOM now takes its sweet time to follow along.

That means I often get all the wonderful, joyful symptoms of PMS for nearly two weeks followed by a slightly longer TOM than usual.

It. Really. Sucks.

But... for me this diet is worth it.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Just got back from WI, down another 2.6 lbs. I talked to my coach about the fact that I have been starving the past few days, and taking into account the fact I am within 13 lbs of where my doctor wanted me to start to phase off, we decided to start phase 2 early.

My coach said a lot of times your body will tell you when it is ready to move on, and she thinks that mine is telling me now. Going to give it a try this week to see how I do, but am concerned about my camping trip the following week. If I do well on phase 2 this week, I will have to give some serious thought about how to get that extra protein in while camping.....

Here's to hoping for the end to the hungers......
Closed Thread