Old 07-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

OK...who started this?? In over six months I have NOT had a food dream...not even once. Then I started reading this thread because the tales were so funny.......

Yesterday (for real) ... I noticed there were several (leftover from last Halloween) Reeses P-nut butter cups in the freezer...

Last night I dreamed I had eaten one...but I was up in the bedroom when I ate it. When I woke up this morning I couldn't figure out where that bizarre dream came out of.... now I think I know!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

65X65 - I'm guilty... but aren't you glad you had a place to come tell us about it?? :P The dreams are so funny to read though.
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #18  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Most of my dreams involve mindless eating and then a sudden realization that I have blown it. Last time, it was a bag of Doritos. I was trying to scrape my tongue off and then even asked myself whether I was dreaming. Even in my dream I was aware that I have dreams like this. In my dream I concluded that, tragically, I was not dreaming this time. I eventually woke up and it took me a few minutes to realize I had not really had any Doritos. I was SO relieved!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #19  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Most of my dreams involve mindless eating and then a sudden realization that I have blown it. Last time, it was a bag of Doritos. I was trying to scrape my tongue off and then even asked myself whether I was dreaming. Even in my dream I was aware that I have dreams like this. In my dream I concluded that, tragically, I was not dreaming this time. I eventually woke up and it took me a few minutes to realize I had not really had any Doritos. I was SO relieved!
Ha! I love how twisted our minds can be. I have always had very realistic dreams, and on occasion my husband gets smacked for something he did in my dream - because it is hard not to be mad at him even if it wasn't real. It felt real!
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
65X65 - I'm guilty... but aren't you glad you had a place to come tell us about it?? :P The dreams are so funny to read though.
Oh I know...the other day I was laughing out loud ..they were described so vividly and hysterically! Mine not nearly so funny.... but some of these really ought to be in a book!
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 333.5/306.5/200

Height: 5 ft. 11 in.

I normally wake my husband up in the middle of the night to ask him to put the coffee on. I must be dreaming about something that would require me to have a coffee--desert perhaps!
meandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 265/246/125 (start IP @ 259)

Height: 5'4"

I had my first food dream last night LOL I dreamed that I went to mcdonalds and had a big mac meal but I was asleep in the dream I was sleep walking and eating. In my dream I woke up mortified. Then I really woke up and had to laugh.
fitgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #23  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgurl View Post
I had my first food dream last night LOL I dreamed that I went to mcdonalds and had a big mac meal but I was asleep in the dream I was sleep walking and eating. In my dream I woke up mortified. Then I really woke up and had to laugh.
That is hysterical you had a dream about a food dream!
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #24  

i really dislike the food dreams the most...they make me feel awful lol im always soo happy when i wake up and realize its all just a horrible nightmare.
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #25  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

This entire thread is hilarious! I laughed all the way through. I luckily stopped having the food dreams, but now maybe I'll have one; 65X65. lol.

Mine always involved me eating a wonderful savory dinner, dripping gravy, potatoes, etc...and then looking down and realizing it. I would continue to eat and would be crying!

It is so funny that most of our dreams are very similar. They are certainly filled with a lot of emotion.

Last edited by dak1lls; 07-31-2013 at 04:50 PM.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #26  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

Height: 5'6"

I'm apparently craving nuts...my first food dream 3 nights ago was of me panicking because I ate a pecan praline. Well, it was a nightmare because I didn't get any satisfaction from it, even in a dream!

This morning I woke up sure that I had eaten a package of mixed nuts last night.

If I start dreaming of foods that are actually in my pantry, I might have a hard time separating dreams from real life!
bimnd113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:45 AM   #27  
Missintuitive

S/C/G: 240.4/191.6/140

Height: 5'4''

Good Morning,

I'm relatively new to the forum. I've been on IP for 11 weeks (with 36.8 lbs gone!). I started having food dreams a couple weeks ago. My first one actually involved my mother. In the dream, she gave me something to eat that was not in the program...I believe a donut. I ate it and then remembered that it was not on plan. I was then mad at my mother and crying to her "you fed me the wrong thing and made me eat it." I then said something about not being in ketosis anymore. It felt real. I was relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream

My mom has been staying with my husband and I for the last 6 months to help take care of our 9 month old son (she's retired). She eats any and every thing around me and indeed gave me some meat with rice a few days ago (I felt the same anger as I did in my dream when she did this). I told her, you know I can't eat rice. She said "oh." She knows I haven't eaten rice in months! I love my mother and she tells me how great I look and how well I'm doing. I'm grateful that she's helping me but it reminds me that I have to lose weight for me and I can't let her bad habits influence my outcome. Maybe that was what the dream was warning me about, lol!
missintuitive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:56 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

I've had several since starting IP. The scenario plays out the same way. I dream I am eating something off plan - sitting there knowing full well that I can't have the food item but yet eating it anyway. My reaction is always the same then I wake up right pizzed off that I "cheated" only to slowly realize that it was only a dream.

One time I was so mad for this "dream cheating" that I woke up saying SOB. Wifey woke up in a panic to ask what was wrong. I said that I had cheated and explained what I ate. Wifey had to gently remind me that I only dreamed it and it wasn't real. It took a moment for my sleep addled mind to grasp that it was only a dream.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #29  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

I've been secretly stalking this thread and laughing to myself about all these silly people with their crazy dreams. Then, last night, I joined the crazy food dream club. I dreamed that I "cheated" and ate Baked Lays. So funny!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #30  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

I had a nap this afternoon and dreamed I was making a bacon and tomato sandwich with three slices of bread. I was pretty sure it was okay to eat. When I finished making it, I thought "I can't eat this!" and then I thought "sure you can, you can have a quite a few carbs before you're kicked out of ketosis." I checked the bread package and found out each slice contained 53 grams of "grain carbs." I started to cry, thinking I could just eat the filling of the sandwhich. Then cried harder because I couldn't really eat that either! I woke up feeling very discombobulated.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote