Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #16  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Would it be better to do WI in the morning? I am going for my first today and it isn't until after 5 pm, but I was considering asking my coach if I could come first thing Thursday AM from now on instead. I might be a little later for work, but I think it might be easier in the long run. Has anyone else switched from PM to AM weigh-ins?
I started my weight loss journey with afternoon WI's, and because of this I specifically did not change to morning WI's because I wanted the consistency. For the same reason, I also do not eat or drink less than on other days to keep the consistency. If you look at my weekly losses you will see that I lost weight every week. It is understandable the reasoning for am wi's because that is when we weigh the least, and I was tempted to switch, too, but when I logically thought about it, I realized it shouldn't really matter. So my advice is do whatever is the most convenient for you.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 225/180/160

Height: 5'7

Does anyone know of any drink mixes that use Splenda? I get in my 'clear' water during the day but like a little something different in the evenings. I used to use the SF koolaid or Crystal light but they all have aspartame in them and I am trying my hardest to avoid that. I did get some unsweetened kool aid and mixed it with splenda but any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Great Job everyone!

Vanishingchick: Have you tried Mio that you squirt into your H2O? or Propel that you mix into your H2O or you can buy already mixed Propel in a bottle, neither have aspartame.

HOT here in upstate NY
Old 07-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #19  

I like SparklingIce...
http://www.sparklingice.com/?gclid=C...FU5xQgodozQAlg

my coach said one of these a day would be fine if wanted, but others here have pointed out it does contain 3% real fruit juice so i try and only have a few/week.

NSV: pants that never fit me right before, are now lose. some are too lose and unwearable....this might get more costly but yay for me lol
Old 07-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #20  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Hello all,

Just got back from Walmart and while I was there I decided to check down the salad dressing aisle for WF. They didn't have it but I did find another dressing that was 0/0/0. Not sure if it has already been posted on here, but it is called 3 Gyros Slim Fit. They had Ranch, Italian, Balsamic Vinaigrette and Mediterranean. The Ranch looked a little too watery for me and after my experience with WF Ranch, I'm not quite brave enough to try it, but I picked up the Mediterranean. I will let you know how it tastes after dinner tonight! Hope it's good.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 07-18-2013 at 01:56 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:04 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

WI last night was up .5. My last two WIs were before dinner and I had a significant loss the first one so I'm figuring that part of last night was due to eating before hand again (coach said at least a half a pound of food in me). My home weigh in later that night was maybe down a pound from usual. But still, it was officially a neutral weight loss week.

The only two things that were different was having a day of a bit of exercise (HAM radio support by bicycle for a half marathon so not a lot of heavy riding following runners but more activity than I usually have had on this diet). My other lowest WI week was when I did a bit of activity so not sure how exercise is affecting me or what to change to balance it out.

The other thing that was different is maybe having a few more drink alternatives to just water. It has me wondering, is there a limit to how much Stevia you should have in a day?
Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #22  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon all! Great job on all the big WIs, and to those that didn't feel like the scale budged enough or in the right direction, remember this is a marathon, NOT A RACE!

@Spiritman, you crack me up!

I am starving... probably because I ate my lunch super late today. I think I might have dinner early and my snack later. My sister just started a job at an online health food retailer and gets a great discount, so I might be moving to alternatives since it is such a significant savings, if you add up the non-IP markup + her discount. I have decided to stick with my clinic till my 8th week and then decide, but I already love quest bars more than anything IP has given me - besides the pancake packets. I love making tostadas ala RainbowSmiles' recipe.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Good day everyone! Congrats on all the losses
My weight losses continue slowly but that was my plan from the beginning. I am averaging 2 to 2.25 lbs per week and as long as that continues, I will be fine. I am exercising 4 days a week and I add packets as needed. The inches are coming off and my muscle mass is perfect (according to my coach) I am "well" hydrated and feeling great. Do I wish I could eat some bad food - yes! Do I eat it - no!! I am content knowing that I am getting healthier each day that I eat healthier.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanishingchick View Post
Does anyone know of any drink mixes that use Splenda? I get in my 'clear' water during the day but like a little something different in the evenings. I used to use the SF koolaid or Crystal light but they all have aspartame in them and I am trying my hardest to avoid that. I did get some unsweetened kool aid and mixed it with splenda but any other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks!
4C makes some tea straws (to dump in bottled H20...) They do clearly state they contain splenda, but you have to check the labels because some are not decaffeinated....which means another 16 oz of water! All of the grocery stores around me carry a "few" of the varieties 4C makes...and one or two chains don't stock the decaf ones at all.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Would it be better to do WI in the morning? I am going for my first today and it isn't until after 5 pm, but I was considering asking my coach if I could come first thing Thursday AM from now on instead. I might be a little later for work, but I think it might be easier in the long run. Has anyone else switched from PM to AM weigh-ins?

I was super tired yesterday and a little hungry due to TOM (I think). Had to snack on some lettuce between breakfast and lunch yesterday and slept for 9 hours last night. Still feeling pretty tired today.
I prefer earlier in the day because of my water retention..which is very strongly correlated to how much sodium there is in what I have eaten. Weighing BEFORE I start adding food which has a range of sodium, gives me a more consistent idea of how I am doing outside of the fluid that may be retained more on one day than another.. 10 days ago I had a medical procedure which involved a relatively high dose of saline solution, iodine and barium...and it took my body over a week to filter THAT mess out! My AM weighings yesterday and today have me thinking its finally gone.
If as an individual you don't have issues with sodium..it may not matter. IP packets are NOT created equal in sodium content and there is also a lot of naturally occurring sodium in some vegetables.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

I'm having such a hard time with being extremely full after eating. Yesterday I got a somewhat late start to my day, breakfast EAS shake at 10:30am. Then for lunch I had a quest bar around 1pm, then I was extremely full for about 2hours after. I finally had my 2c veggies, raw kale salad with lemon and olive oil vinaigrette around 3:30pm, and I was still too full to have dinner at 6:30! I am feeling very full and bloated, especially after raw veggies. I think my stomach is not handing things well. Before starting this diet, when that would happen I could eat a bit of Chobani greek yogurt and it really helped. Not sure what to do now. I had dinner at 8pm, 7.5oz filet mignon, 1c mashed cauliflower, and 1c sautéed zucchini. I was so full after that I couldn't have my snack shake. I just couldn't fit it in. Of course then I was starving around 11:30pm, but I thought that was too late for a snack.

I know some have suggested splitting the protein between lunch and dinner, and I think that is a good idea, but then I also saw someone post what are you going to do in P2 when you have to have 8oz meat at lunch and dinner! Ugh. I guess being too full isn't a horrible problem to have.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #27  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

So I decided to treat myself for dinner since I didn't get my veggies in for lunch. I am having 1 cup rutabaga fries (never cooked them before... can't wait!) and IP PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS. Mmmmm... My whole house smells delicious. Yummy! Can't wait for it all to finish in the oven.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #28  

yes Scarlettx, i think we've had this exchange before...im sometimes so full that i fell like im force feeding myself. but..as you state in your post...not the worst problem to have....i would say do not skip your snack tho, as Dr. Tran's book suggest you eat a carb at your nighttime meal or in my case my nighttime snack...so when i sleep my "body can build up its reserves and gradually retrain your pancreas." (pg.83 Dr.Trans free book from his website)

Last edited by Art3mis; 07-18-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 226.2/198.6/170

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
yes Scarlettx, i think we've had this exchange before...im sometimes so full that i fell like im force feeding myself. but..as you state in your post...not the worst problem to have....i would say do not skip your snack tho, as Dr. Tran's book suggest you eat a carb at your nighttime meal or in my case my nighttime snack...so when i sleep my "body can build up its reserves and gradually retrain your pancreas." (pg.83 Dr.Trans free book from his website)
Art3mis would you still have had the snack that late at night?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #30  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I prefer earlier in the day because of my water retention..which is very strongly correlated to how much sodium there is in what I have eaten. Weighing BEFORE I start adding food which has a range of sodium, gives me a more consistent idea of how I am doing outside of the fluid that may be retained more on one day than another.. 10 days ago I had a medical procedure which involved a relatively high dose of saline solution, iodine and barium...and it took my body over a week to filter THAT mess out! My AM weighings yesterday and today have me thinking its finally gone.
If as an individual you don't have issues with sodium..it may not matter. IP packets are NOT created equal in sodium content and there is also a lot of naturally occurring sodium in some vegetables.
Thanks for the insight. I think I am going to switch to AM, just so I don't have to deal with rush-hour traffic in the evenings.
Closed Thread